Worst Walt Disney World Attraction

In your opinion, what is the worst Walt Disney World Attraction?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Mission:Space

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 72 17.3%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 85 20.4%
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Votes: 34 8.2%
  • Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Living With The Land

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 12.9%

• Total voters

justintheharris

Original Poster
TriceraTop Spin

Why is Mission: Space on here? That's an excellent attraction, people just like to cry about it because it's not Horizons.
I definitely agree for the most part BUT it has everything that turns people off about rides. Dark enclosed spaces, spinning, screens etc. That’s all part of the experience of course and if you can handle that, it’s an awesome ride! I love it! But I completely understand the people who can’t handle it and hate it.

SirWillow

Personally I lean towards the Tomorrowland Speedway. I know a lot of young kids love it, and I rode it with my kids when they were young. They have a nostalgia for it, but I wouldn't mind a bit if it all went away (including the gas smell) and was replaced. But that's not where my vote went.

My vote went to the UP bird show. I enjoyed the old version, but the new just plain stinks. Way to much characters, to much attempt at humor that plays off as stupid, and nowhere near enough what it's supposed to be about- the birds! Sad they spent so much money to overhaul something that could have been fine with a little touching up, and maybe a couple of short appearances by the characters. Just bad. But for replacement I'd still want to see something similar, where people can get a good look at birds and/or other animals.

For the others, my family had some version of "How dare you!" reaction to them being on the list in almost every case (Primeval Whirl got a shrug). While I know Journey into Imagination isn't the original, we still have a ton of fun on it and it's one of the "must rides" for us when we're at Epcot (even Soarin' doesn't have that designation anymore).

And Country Bears? I'm shocked (shocked!) at some of the hate for it. The last time we were there the theaters were full with happy, clapping, singing people having a great time, it looked and sounded great (finally got the sound turned up again) and we had a blast. Of everything on the list, that would be the one I would be most distressed to see removed.

Josh.h

CBJ hasn’t aged well. It feels a little too plantation-y, and the last time I went in, it seemed kids and parents alike were bored and just using it as a air conditioned pit stop.

I still like the birds in the show, but the tie in to Up is bad. Everything doesn’t need a tie in! (I can’t wait for the Hakuna Matata safari ride in 2021)

CBJ is one of the few shows my 3 yo and 6 both love. Also entertaining for the parents, so while it’s aged, we love it :)

OG Runner

The only reason I chose Aladdin, is that it was a retread of a ride Disney already had, in the same park. (Dumbo).
I mean, I know they have three roller coasters in the park, but each has a unique feel. The only difference between
Aladdin and Dumbo is the look of the ride vehicles. The ride itself is the same.

Josh.h

My vote is for Imagination but for personal reasons. Found out the hard way that both my kids have some sensory issues as that ride was pure unadulterated hell for both of them. Fairly sure both are traumatized from it.

The old Imagination was great, the new one sucks.

OG Runner

Tomorrowland Speedway. As my father says "you spend hours in a car every week and go to Disney to sit in a car."

I love Country Bears Jamboree. Sure it's cheesy, but I mean. ... It's Disney. I don't expect cutting-edge humor there.

"There was blood on the sand..." It is a classic. Honestly, I agree. I have always enjoyed CBJ and was glad when they did
not close the show at WDW, when the closed the one in Disneyland.

clarabellej

Figment needs to be returned to its original state.

I remember the first time we saw it, we were just thrilled because it was something our then “little kids” could enjoy. They’ve messed it up.

R.I.P. Stich.

ROL. What a long wait for such a nothing show. I want to like it. I swear I have tried. Beautiful setting/AK at night. Then it amounts to absolutely nothing. Lit up lotus blossoms are the highlight. I see on here they are doing something with it.

To me it is a big fail.

Now here’s one that will cause an uproar: I did not like FOP that much.

Sorry folks.

And BTW, leave the Country Bears alone and bring back whatever was cut out. They shortened the show.

The same with LK show in AK.

Is our attention span too short. If so, Nemo is a little long too.

SirWillow

Other

Frozen Ever After.

While we miss Maelstrom, we all generally liked the Frozen replacement. Wish we could have had both.

My daughter did say that she would love to see the Frozen sing a long at Studios go. She hated it. I, on the other hand loved it. Different strokes...

ROL. What a long wait for such a nothing show. I want to like it. I swear I have tried. Beautiful setting/AK at night. Then it amounts to absolutely nothing. Lit up lotus blossoms are the highlight. I see on here they are doing something with it.

To me it is a big fail.

There's something I completely agree with. Biggest waste of time, and honestly a really boring show. So what do they do to "fix" it? Remove the actors and the actual little bit of story line that it had. So now it's light up boats floating around, with some animals on water screens. No story, no action, no point, and nothing interesting.

If anything in all the parks should be on the list, it's Rivers of Light. Can I go back and change my vote? 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom