Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Notes from Neverland

SCENE 2a: AT-ATs are firing at you. You hurry away in your prisoner transport. You turn a hard left.
SCENE 2b: Your transport locks into a elevator with a shadowy figure in front.
SCENE 2c: A British man turns around (wearing a EPCOT Center sleeveless shirt), points a camcorder at the ride vehicle. Excited to see the group of bewildered tourists, he feels it's a good time to cover the history of Stars Wars, it's eventual buy out by Disney, and the construction of this attraction.
SCENE 2c runtime: Approx. 240 mins.

We've figured out the issue wifi issue here. It was timing out due to the vehicle being stationary for so long.
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Bender123

SCENE 2a: AT-ATs are firing at you. You hurry away in your prisoner transport. You turn a hard left.
SCENE 2c: A British man turns around (wearing a EPCOT Center sleeveless shirt), points a camcorder at the ride vehicle. Excited to see the group of bewildered tourists, he feels it's a good time to cover the history of Stars Wars, it's eventual buy out by Disney, and the construction of this attraction.

We've figured out the issue wifi issue here. It was timing out due to the vehicle being stationary for so long.

Test audiences were confused about the long stop in front of the British man and how his line of "IGER KILLED EPCOT!!!!" being repeated 50 times tied in with the plot of an escape from the First Order.

trainplane3

Test audiences were confused about the long stop in front of the British man and how his line of "IGER KILLED EPCOT!!!!" being repeated 50 times tied in with the plot of an escape from the First Order.
If you think that's bad, just wait till I leak Martins scene in the GotG coaster. It's part what you described and part pictures of Horizons being demo'd while "Angel" plays in the background (you know, that sad song on the dog shelter commercials).

We love you Martin! It's all in good fun. And I won't blame you if you throw a coffee at me/in my general direction in the event we ever see each other.

J. D.

If you think that's bad, just wait till I leak Martins scene in the GotG coaster. It's part what you described and part pictures of Horizons being demo'd while "Angel" plays in the background (you know, that sad song on the dog shelter commercials).

We love you Martin! It's all in good fun. And I won't blame you if you throw a coffee at me/in my general direction in the event we ever see each other.
Just wait until Martin gets his hands on the Infinity Gauntlet and uses it to snap some old favorites back into reality.

SWGalaxysEdge

Here's my interpretation of the blurry photos posted by @marni1971 and RUMORED/SPECULATED information posted by other websites regarding the story line of RotR

SPOILERS

Starting from the left side of the 1st level, guests board the transport in the "round thing" and spin and offload in the hangar bay. They proceed to the black box with the "S" which is the safety spiel room and proceed to one of the 4 light blue boxes where they board their vehicle. The vehicle moves through the hallways into the dark blue box labeled "Kylo" where they will meet the Kylo animatronic and then go to the green box and face the 2 AT-ATs which shoot at them. The vehicles separate and go to their respective elevators to the 2nd floor denoted by the purple boxes.

Looking at the 2nd level, the vehicles spin and leave the elevators and meet each other where they will look at a screen and then spin around to see Kylo and Hux on an elevated platform talking (2 black boxes which I drew over the dotted lines). The vehicles go to the "gun room" with the black line denoting the video screen into space where guests can see the guns shooting at resistance ships. Next, the vehicles turn the corner where they face Kylo before the ship gets hit by a blast.

"This blast will cause Kylo Ren to get caught between a broken piece of the ship and the guests... may get a call from the Resistance ships to find an escape pod... They almost make it before meeting up with Kylo Ren one last time. He uses the force to hold up the room as he comes at you, but at the last second, a wall collapses which causes him to focus all his attention on not getting hit."

The vehicles back into an escape pod in the green circle and "drop" down to the 1st level and land back in Black Spire where the guests will exit.

This is just an educated guess but I believe once the guests exit the vehicles, the vehicles will go up the left side of the green circle escape pods and park in the light blue boxes. Notice the left wall 2nd level of the green circle escape pods does not align to the left wall 1st level of the green circle escape pods. I know it's a crude sketch but there could be a corridor not marked there on the 1st level.

1st level:
View attachment 366948

2nd level:
View attachment 366947

..I was told "Pretty close" by my "friend" - good job!

britain

Definitely feels very Mystic Manor-like as far as the layout accommodates occasional splits in the paths. I worry if it will be as easy to look behind you and see Kylo attack the next vehicle as it is to see the man-eating plant attack Albert before you’re really supposed to.

Hopefully there are a lot more automatic doors separating scenes than what this sketch indicates.

It also implies the great importance for good on board audio that can fake sounding as if it’s coming from the room around you - and yet not be heard by the vehicles ahead or behind you. It doesn’t matter so much when every scene is filled with characters singing the same song. It does matter if it’s supposed to sound like a hole was just blown into the side of the ship ...every 30 seconds.

This sure seems spectacular. I’ll probably love it. But I do wonder what all that square footage could have been used for if it was used as efficiently as a Fantasyland dark ride. Imagine a Star Wars version of Mr. Toads, it would last a half hour in that huge space!

sedati

I had a dream. Happy Easter.

View attachment 366914

View attachment 366915

Discuss amongst yourselves. Excited yet?
Thank you, this seems to resolve our previous debate over the AT-AT elevators:
I lack an insider connection, but I don't think the elevators are on opposite sides. I think one is where we've all assumed it was, which will line up with the open hatch on the side of the walker from which troopers will fire down at us. There doesn't seem to be an opening on the opposite side for the vehicle to enter the second level. Also, in your diagram you show the elevator going much higher than I would expect. The showbuilding's second floor lies between the knee and shoulder height of the walkers.
I do believe there will be two lifts, and if we go way back through Bioreconstruct's aerials, we can see where they should be as there are two pits located at the edges of the AT-AT room:
View attachment 349154

View attachment 349155
If correct, this would put the second lift (green) facing the AT-AT's heads which would make for a dramatic and imposing view.

drod1985

Forgive me if this common knowledge, I'm not a SW super-fan... is AT AT pronounced like "hat hat" or "ay tee ay tee"

Either is fine.

Either is fine because it's a made up science fiction universe that doesn't have real world consequence. But "Ay-tee Ay-tee" vs. "@-@" is a common and fiery debate amongst Star Wars Nerdom.

I'm in the "Ay-tee Ay-tee" camp because you can't apply "@-@" pronunciation to AT-ST, AT-M6, AT-DP, AT-DT, etc.

Which leads me to wonder - since the walkers in ROTR are a slightly smaller scale than traditional walkers I'm wondering if they'll get their own model name distinction. To the general public they'll just be AT-ATs, but in tie-in media I wouldn't be surprised to see a different name.

Bostb71

Either is fine because it's a made up science fiction universe that doesn't have real world consequence. But "Ay-tee Ay-tee" vs. "@-@" is a common and fiery debate amongst Star Wars Nerdom.

I'm in the "Ay-tee Ay-tee" camp because you can't apply "@-@" pronunciation to AT-ST, AT-M6, AT-DP, AT-DT, etc.

Which leads me to wonder - since the walkers in ROTR are a slightly smaller scale than traditional walkers I'm wondering if they'll get their own model name distinction. To the general public they'll just be AT-ATs, but in tie-in media I wouldn't be surprised to see a different name.
That makes perfect sense; thanks for the clarification

Texas84

martinsvideos.jpg

(I kid)

Surferboy567

Do you have any info on the "drop" I've heard from many people it's not a thrilling drop...to it is so do you know which one it is? Either way this is my most anticipated new ride for my upcoming trip happy it will be open when I'm there...I do wonder will this effect MMRR?
...its a controlled drop/descent back to Batuu.
Your ride car will drive into an escape pod/ship "thingy" and then launch back to Batuu. The pod takes twists and turns as it heads back through the atmosphere...it "crashes" pretty quickly and you can see Galaxy's Edge coming up fast as you crash inside the giant engine-like craft. Your car will then roll out and you disembark, walk out.

Picture #1 - your pod/escape craft.
Picture #2 - you've seen this in every SWGE picture but the giant engine thingy your vehicle ends up inside.

View attachment 365880

View attachment 365881

I was more talking about the actual thrill of the drop...I've heard everything from a few stories drop to a swooping motion.

Old Mouseketeer

I was more talking about the actual thrill of the drop...I've heard everything from a few stories drop to a swooping motion.

Well, there are limitations as to how far you can drop. Let's look at the extreme maximum for conjecture's sake. Once you load into the escape pod, let's assume that they use some slight of hand in conjunction with whatever screens surround you and first raise you up 10 or 15 feet. Then you "drop" (actually a controlled descent" possibly with some tilting motion) before you "land" in the pit, perhaps another 10 to 15 feet below ground floor level. Then you are slowly brought back up to ground level and your vehicle moves out into the exit area.
I think the distance from the bottom of the pit to the top of the extended roof "shack" could be as much as 60-70 feet on the inside. I'm fairly certain it's at least 50 feet. This gives a theoretical maximum drop distance of 50-60 feet.

At the other end of the range, the minimum drop distance would be around 20 feet if the drop is only from the level of the second floor to the level of the first floor (Have we established how many feet that is?). This would make the giant pit we saw simply the service area below the "elevator" shaft.

My hunch is that it's somewhere in the middle. I'm guessing the Imagineers would have tried to find a way to use more of that height for the drop.

So I'm going to make my prediction around 40 feet for the drop. I'll be interested to hear how you guys would calculate all this. Your guess really is just as good as mine.

Surferboy567

Well, there are limitations as to how far you can drop. Let's look at the extreme maximum for conjecture's sake. Once you load into the escape pod, let's assume that they use some slight of hand in conjunction with whatever screens surround you and first raise you up 10 or 15 feet. Then you "drop" (actually a controlled descent" possibly with some tilting motion) before you "land" in the pit, perhaps another 10 to 15 feet below ground floor level. Then you are slowly brought back up to ground level and your vehicle moves out into the exit area.
I think the distance from the bottom of the pit to the top of the extended roof "shack" could be as much as 60-70 feet on the inside. I'm fairly certain it's at least 50 feet. This gives a theoretical maximum drop distance of 50-60 feet.

At the other end of the range, the minimum drop distance would be around 20 feet if the drop is only from the level of the second floor to the level of the first floor (Have we established how many feet that is?). This would make the giant pit we saw simply the service area below the "elevator" shaft.

My hunch is that it's somewhere in the middle. I'm guessing the Imagineers would have tried to find a way to use more of that height for the drop.

So I'm going to make my prediction around 40 feet for the drop. I'll be interested to hear how you guys would calculate all this. Your guess really is just as good as mine.

Thanks looking forward to what insiders say on this. 40 feet (going off your prediction) is definitely more significant especially for a ride that will invite more families on board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom