No FastPass for Star Wars?!

Minnie1986

I've just read on the WDW website that FastPass+ will not be available for Smuggler's Run in the new Star Wars land. Holy %$#!, How on earth are they going to manage that or are people supposed to plan? What are you guys planning to do? My head is spinning!

Muffinpants

The bright side is that Disney land will get this first and iron out all the crowd issues. It cant hurt to have the numbers and such and how the 1 ride will move. They wont be the same situation but it will help for sure.

Upvote 0

Family_Man

Thanks for this. Once my "heart attack" subsided, this was basically the plan I came up with; nice to know it actually makes sense. Yes, I am going in early November, so Phase 2 may tinker with my plans somewhat. If I had it my way, I would simply wait until long after both phases had opened, like I did with Pandora. Unfortunately, the child i'm taking (and the whole reason I'm even attempting to take Star Wars land) will only be able to going during this specific week for quite some time; want to make sure he has as good a time as possible.

I can understand. When I plan, I like to know what typical wait times will be for various attractions at various points in the day. And that information is just not going to exist for a while. The first week or two of wait times and procedures probably isn't going to be representative. And then phase 2 changes everything again.

Luckily, it seems Star Wars land has a lot of ambiance and shops. So once you knock out the major ride(s), you should be able to stroll and enjoy.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Once again, if you have a problem with what I choose to say in my post, simply don't respond to it. Kindly keep your sarcasm to yourself or just leave the post.
Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here. My name is Cap, and when someone says something silly like "an unexpected queuing policy at an amusement park attraction based on a forty year old movie about space wizards that I'd like to ride in six months gave me a heart attack," I'm going to point it out.

Your entire demeanor tells me that you're taking your Disney vacation planning way too seriously, and it's going to manifest as an unpleasant experience for yourself and anyone you're traveling with. If a minor policy change at a single attraction announced over six months prior to the start of your trip sends you into a tailspin, you're going to have an extremely difficult time adapting to things that come up last-minute or even same-day. Loosen up, relax, and...

2z6al7.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave B

Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here. My name is Cap, and when someone says something silly like "an unexpected queuing policy at an amusement park attraction based on a forty year old movie about space wizards that I'd like to ride in six months gave me a heart attack," I'm going to point it out.

Your entire demeanor tells me that you're taking your Disney vacation planning way too seriously, and it's going to manifest as an unpleasant experience for yourself and anyone you're traveling with. If a minor policy change at a single attraction announced over six months prior to the start of your trip sends you into a tailspin, you're going to have an extremely difficult time adapting to things that come up last-minute or even same-day. Loosen up, relax, and...

2z6al7.jpg
Ugh

Upvote 0

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
It would make the most sense to avoid DHS entirely. When are your exact dates? It's going to be borderline unsafe in there for months and definitely not any fun.

I can't even begin to tell you how may phone calls and text I've gotten from friends and family ask if I though they would be crazy to try and go when it first opens. I tell them the same thing.

Upvote 0

TongaToast21

I keep trying to make myself feel better about our upcoming december trip by saying "its a small part of one park themed after a land not in any SW film (its not hoth, tatooine, endor, etc.) with two rides and a handful of food options.. how does that justify insane crowds?" .... and yes I love star wars.

Upvote 0

Roakor

I've just read on the WDW website that FastPass+ will not be available for Smuggler's Run in the new Star Wars land. Holy %$#!, How on earth are they going to manage that or are people supposed to plan? What are you guys planning to do? My head is spinning!

My plan is not to go to starwars land. Had planed my trip first part of Sept to avoid it. So much for planning ahead.....

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Since we depend on the DAS and I am not sure how that will work with this system, we are planning on doing a VIP tour that day. Bringing a friend who is on board with the idea. Though we have no plans to go until next Spring/summer so we have time to figure it out.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Since we depend on the DAS and I am not sure how that will work with this system, we are planning on doing a VIP tour that day. Bringing a friend who is on board with the idea. Though we have no plans to go until next Spring/summer so we have time to figure it out.

Keep an eye on that.

Over on Touring Plans, someone asked Signature Services if the VIP tour would include Galaxy’s Edge and the Millenium Falcon ride (they’re going in September), and was told it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Edited: I see you said next Summer, it should do by then! Or there’ll be a paid option of some kind.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I know it's not super helpful without details, but Iger did confirm that the last shareholder event that there would be a mechanism in place for GWD.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom