News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

tomast

In my mind this is the vehicle bringing you from the lobby to space in the likeness of the hydrolators from the original seas pavilion at Epcot. There is a room you enter after checking in and passing through security where you enter an “elevator” that brings you to the ship in space where you will be staying. To get from your ship, in space, to Batu you take another ship on the opposite side of the hotel... I mean ship(port side if my memory serves correct) and enter a bus... I mean shuttle transport via a gangway. All of which is themed to give the illusion of being in space the entire time.
Thats actually preaty cool, I mean if it is done it would be some Old School Disney Magic, that extra they used to put on atraction but lately seems to be forgoten or "cut down" on cost reducing budgets.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
That’s interesting. Looks like the whole first floor will be elevated.

Only the rear portion where the concrete forms are being constructed. Looks like under building parking. You can fit a whole lotta cars under there considering site parking is virtually non-existent.

The front section is getting a poured floor.

Rteetz

3E8F9D3A-48CE-4C0F-84E2-C79E679F8E48.jpeg
A814F1B4-467F-49A3-9857-6E164B563D96.jpeg
CFED9B02-0A07-42EE-803E-9DE4B72354F1.jpeg

sedati

That’s interesting. Looks like the whole first floor will be elevated.
My guess depends on how these space windows work. Are they just video screens behind glass, or glass looking out onto a projection wall? If so, to give us the ability to look around, the projection surface outside the window will likely curve above and below so we get a full view. Raising the rooms would give us the ability to peer down from our windows. This seems similar to the approach being taken at the Space Resturaunt where the outer wall seems to be significantly larger than the windows themselves.
Also, I wonder if there will be speakers in the flooring to give a subtle sense of engine noise or rumble for when the ship is under attack.

Last edited:

Kman101

I feel like they could have used the land for the SW expansion better. The hotel is taking up a good spot for an actual expansion. Oh well ... (not complaining about the hotel or the land coming ... just about the use of space and limiting themselves for the future ...)

nickys

Premium Member
I feel like they could have used the land for the SW expansion better. The hotel is taking up a good spot for an actual expansion. Oh well ... (not complaining about the hotel or the land coming ... just about the use of space and limiting themselves for the future ...)

Except there’s a road between the park and the resort. Not such a great expansion pad if you need to re-route a road to use it.

Timothy_Q

The hotel plot of land is relatively disconnected from the park, if we're talking park expansion.

The cast parking on the other hand is directly behind Muppets, which would be easy to connect to the park for an expansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom