News New Parade: Magic Happens

Rich T

Remember, one of the first things Michael Eisner concluded upon taking over at Disney was that the park admissions were priced way too low.

As one who wuz therrr.... Visiting the park in the late 70's and early 80's as a teen and young adult... one of the things I (and I'm sure most others) loved about Disneyland was the fact that you always got much, much more than your money's worth. The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland made a point of saying that you could go into DL on any given day, not go on a single ride, and STILL get your money's worth of entertainment. I knew it was too good to last. Today, the park still gives a decent value compared to other entertainment options... but I now consider it a luxury I have to save up for, instead of the most wonderful and affordable bargain on the face of the Earth.

TsWade2

First of all,
As much as I don't like Micechat, I think Micechat are full of lies and trolls who has pathetic behaviors(my opinion.), however, I'm glad there's a rumor about Disneyland getting a new parade next year. As much as I'm glad to see Soundsational parade back this year, but I think it's about time for a new parade to come, if it is true. I suggest we wait until we hear the official announcement about it like either on Disney Parks Blog or D23 Expo this August. After all, it might change.

And second of all,
Those are interesting choices for the parade. Especially the Sword In the Stone. It's nice that there are a few classics here and there, but I guess I am concerned that there aren't any renaissance movies in there like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. Maybe they might mention them and Pinocchio in the finale. Just a guess. And you know, since there will be a Fantasia unit in the beginning, I hope they include the dancing hippos, dancing alligators, and dancing ostriches in the parade again. If not, then I guess the brooms might work too.

In conclusion,
Let's take this as a grain of salt until we hear the official news about it. In the meantime, continue your discussion.;)

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

First of all,
No offense, but even though you guys have your own opinions, you guys are such whiners. I mean, it's fine that you don't like Bob Chapek, it's fine you don't like Frozen, and it's fine that you don't like the movies that are repetitive. But, complaining about it won't solve anything.
Why say anything positive? I doubt Chapek and Iger care what you think of their money making printer. This is a discussion board, not an echo chamber. If your don't like anyone saying anything negative about the large corporation known as Disney, go to their website.

TsWade2

Why say anything positive? I doubt Chapek and Iger care what you think of their money making printer. This is a discussion board, not an echo chamber. If your don't like anyone saying anything negative about the large corporation known as Disney, go to their website.
Fine. I deleted that.

Old Mouseketeer

Do you? Those are a lot of credentials you certainly threw around. This was not a personal attack on you sir. It is a matter of fact observation that regardless of all of these things you have shared, Hong Kong seems to have found a way.

Yeah, and it was a petty way for me to respond. But I have deep roots at Disneyland going back decades. Sometimes I get lazy and think that means I don't have to lay out my arguments and back them up just like everyone else. Plus I'm getting older and crankier by the day.

Darkbeer1

Yeah, and it was a petty way for me to respond. But I have deep roots at Disneyland going back decades. Sometimes I get lazy and think that means I don't have to lay out my arguments and back them up just like everyone else. Plus I'm getting older and crankier by the day.

I find the same thing. Though one of the OC Weekly reporters asked me out of the blue, didn't you used to write for MiceAge.... When I was being interviewed on the Trader Joe's issue in West Anaheim...

Just so weird to be an Anaheim Insider and leader. But that also comes from getting old, even if they call it Mature..

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

I find the same thing. Though one of the OC Weekly reporters asked me out of the blue, didn't you used to write for MiceAge.... When I was being interviewed on the Trader Joe's issue in West Anaheim...

Just so weird to be an Anaheim Insider and leader. But that also comes from getting old, even if they call it Mature..

I haven't followed the Trader Joe's issue. I only learned a few years ago that back in the '60s our local convenience store in Garden Grove, Pronto Market at Chapman and West St., was actually the forerunner of Trader Joe's. It was larger than a typical 7/11, had a small meat counter, some fresh produce, and multiple checkout lanes.

Darkbeer1

I haven't followed the Trader Joe's issue. I only learned a few years ago that back in the '60s our local convenience store in Garden Grove, Pronto Market at Chapman and West St., was actually the forerunner of Trader Joe's. It was larger than a typical 7/11, had a small meat counter, some fresh produce, and multiple checkout lanes.

Out here in West Anaheim, we have been struggling to define our image, and many feel that our older community was being left behind (The first suburbs that came out of Disneyland being built were here, partly due to Beach Boulevard and its being a main Thoroughfare for the region). Over the last few years, the city has been working on the Beach Blvd. Specific Plan.

39 Commons (also known as Westgate or Stinkin' Lincoln) is scheduled to be home for the DCA original Sun Icon, which was donated by Disney to the City.

So to help improve the area, most residents want an Upscale Shopping Location, and a couple of Residents chose Trader Joe's and promoted bring it to my community years ago.

Councilmember Brandman, when he ran for election in 2018, used the resident supported cry as a way to help show his belief in improving the neighborhood.

It was brought up in the recent State of the City...

>Our council members are elected by districts. They come to City Hall with an eye toward what is good for the whole city but also to make sure that their constituent’s needs are heard.

District 1

In District 1, the time for action to improve parks and make the Beach Boulevard Specific Plan a reality is now.

We have talked about this for too long, and it is time to invest in District 1.

Council Member Denise Barnes, please join me in making that a reality? District 2

Council Member Jordan Brandman, you speak passionately every day about the needs of District 2, and I heard the same concerns when I went door to door.

For many years, you were our city’s most powerful voice for the need to invest in our neighborhoods.

Whether it is parks, landscaping or bringing — say it with me Jordan — a Trader Joe’s to west Anaheim, the time to invest in District 2 is now, wouldn’t you agree? <<

And at the last S.O.A.R. meeting (The so-called Anaheim Leaders, which include me in their group for some unknown reason), Jordan Brandman came to talk to us, and spent half his time promoting the need for Trader Joe's, and saying how it is a very important issue to him and for the city. And if you look north of Anaheim's stretch of Beach Boulevard, and see how Buena Park is improving its stretch, everything from new Hotels, Porto's Bakery, the Source, Rock n' Brews, etc., we see it can be done.

West Anaheim has its charms, the local parks, the Dad Miller Golf Course and the Tiger Woods Learning Center. (Tiger learned the game here in West Anaheim).

But in reality, West Anaheim is mainly Suburbs and Single Family homes, though recently Apartments and Condos are being added.

Plus we have the "Wild, Wild, West" component, the unincorporated Orange County "Anaheim Island"

So as part of our new chapter, we need that upscale market (Sprouts is another acceptable option) as an anchor, something that will attract other retail experiences.

Alas, the original 39 Commons developer, Zellman, along with Councilmember Denise Barnes is pushing a Smart and Final Extra!..

Well, Zellman was given a 90 day notice by the city Manager a couple of months ago, saying we want a firm, spelled out plan, and if they don't deliver, the city will look for a new developer. (Officially requesting bids, and Zellman could apply again) .

So that is the short story about Trader Joe's and West Anaheim.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I hope this is true and and hopefully it'll be announced at D23Expo. I love Soundsational Parade and all, but I agree that it is a perfect time to make a new parade.

TP2000

I hope this is true and and hopefully it'll be announced at D23Expo. I love Soundsational Parade and all, but I agree that it is a perfect time to make a new parade.

Long since time. This new Magic Happens parade should have opened this spring along with Mickey's Mix Magic, for a whole magic themed thing.

They already announced Runaway Railway on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend, like they were embarrassed about it. That leaves a D23 Expo short list of Magic Happens Parade and Marvel Land Superhero Town E Ticket Avengers Coaster for Bob Chapek to announce.

TTA94

Problems are happening for both versions of PTN. Big difference is when they happen in America you’re seeing a lot more paperwork and workers comp cases pop up. This causes a major headache for Disney and adds up to be even more costly.

So is DLs PTN done for permanently?

TsWade2

I'm sorry to bring this up, but I'm kind of still thinking about the rumor new Disneyland parade lately. I'm still waiting to hear the new official announcement either on Disney Parks Blog or D23 Expo this August. I guess if it is true, I'll make a wish list.

1. While I enjoy DLP's Disney Stars On Parade and TDL's Dreaming Up Parade and I enjoy their music, but their music is a little too...uh.....hip hopish? IDK. I mean, it's not like one of Mickey's worst enemy Hannah Montana(Witch!) or Jonas Brothers(Idiots! Except for Frankie Jonas). I don't know what kind of music, maybe either like this: or maybe music similar to Festival of Fantasy Parade.

2. Since the opening unit is like a Fantasia unit, I may suggests hopefully include and bring back dancing hippos, dancing alligators, and dancing ostriches from the Dance of the Hours. I missed those guys. Of course, if that won't happened (even though it will most likely upset me.), then I guess maybe dancing brooms from Sorcerer's Apprentice will be fine too.

3. Since there's going to be a Sword In the Stone float, which I hope they keep it, while using Merlin, I hope they made a character costume of Wart AKA King Arthur, so he can pull the sword in the stone. And maybe include the songs like Higitus Figitus, Makes The World Go Round , and the finale song like this:

4. Since there's a Coco float, I wonder if it'll be like this: Minus the dangerous bending pole act.

5. Since I've heard there's going to be special effects and magic tricks, don't cut them or they'll face the wrath of the Disneyland fans! Just kidding! But just don't cut them.

6. While there's a Cinderella float, I'm kind of expecting a dress transformation trick. And maybe include the mice Jaq, Gus, Suzy, and Perla.

7. Since I'm nervous that they didn't include their famous classics and Disney Renaissance films, they should include them in the finale like Snow White, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. And maybe add the fairies from Sleeping Beauty and the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio.

and

8. Include Mickey Mouse and friends in their magical costumes like Mickey Mouse as a sorcerer from Fantasia. And maybe add Daisy Duck in there.

My wish list is will some guarantee to happen and some may not. But we'll see what happens.;)

mickeyfan5534

So most of summer and fall is running without a parade and there won’t be anything other than two months of the Electrical Parade creaking down the parade route till A Christmas Fantasy creaks down the parade route

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom