Trip Report THE ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY IN MARCH; 3/15-3/20, 2019 *COMPLETE*

It is official. I am old.

Suddenly my back hurts, my eyesight is failing and I cant remember too good. Or is it too well? I cant remember.

A few months ago when my husband Ant asked me what I wanted to do for this milestone birthday (my Grandma told me a lady never reveals her age, but it has a zero at the end) I said, “NO PARTY!” Instead I wanted to be with my family and go to Disney. And that is what I did.

If you have read my previous TR’s you may recognize some of the cast, if not, dont worry. Here is a cheat sheet.

Husband-Ant
Sons: X- 19, AJ-15, Dre-13

Of course what would a trip be without pretrip drama. Ours was brought to us courtesy of AJ’s high school lacrosse coach.
Briefly, AJ decided last year, about the time he broke his foot, that school and homework weren't cool. He lost his way a little bit and is academically ineligible at the moment for sports. However, he has been working hard and his english and math grades are still a bit dismal, but he is above 80 in everything else. His lax coach has been a complete jerk. He is a total and he bullies and picks on the kids relentlessly. (My oldest, X was a saint compared to most boys and he got the full brunt of this tyrant!) The sad thing is, up until a year ago when he retired, he was a dean at the school. His job was to stop the very behavior that he IS.
AJ was a returning varsity player but the coach gave his jersey number to an incoming freshman. But, we were required to buy a “gear package” that was personalized with his number. Luckily we only got the jacket and have not paid for it yet. We will not pay for it if AJ does not get his number. (The freshman? Doesnt even want the number!)
We made our flight for Friday March 15 at 6:00 pm so the kids could go to school and any practice they would have that day. Turns out there was a lax scrimmage that night. But AJ cant play remember. There was also practice the next morning. Ant emails the coach explaining its my birthday, Disney, going to X’s game etc. Coach emails back, “Saturday practice 10-12.” Ugggh
We rebook AJ on a Saturday flight. Get my FIL to help out and line up a ride and place for AJ to sleep etc. Then on Wed before we are set to leave (2 days before) Ant has a chat with the coach about withholding AJ’s number and the trip. Coach says, “take him. I was going to email you right back but I felt stupid.”
So now we had to change AJ’s flight once again. I was happy we were all flying together but what a jerk! Oh and AJ’s number? He didnt want to “reward” him for his behavior. I really hate that man. (BTW: that number had also been X’s number and it had been forced on AJ the year before by the players and the coach. It worked out because all of X’s old sweats and shirts have that number. Hand me downs!)

But on to the good!!

Day 1/ March 15

I opened birthday presents at home

Then we were off to the airport. The HS where the lax scrimmage was being held was on our way so we stopped and watched from the car for a few minutes.

Then we were on our way to Florida!

Fire Island looks so pretty from up here!

I wore my ears on the plane and all the way to the resort. It was my birthday and I was going to celebrate it. Nobody even looked twice.

Funny story. At one point during the flight I was putting on some hand lotion (my old skin dries out so fast😉). It was, of course, some leftover H2O lotion from our February trip. A little girl behind me said to her mom, “Mom! It smells like Disney!” I love it!!!

It took awhile to get the rental car but we were here at last!!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Them’s the breaks.🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess it gave you the opportunity to bring the TR full circle?..

You’re not old- you just have completed more life levels. 😉

Thanks again for another great TR.

I liked my niece’s definition of old ... until it applied to me. When she and her sister were 15 and 13 and my DD was 6, my nieces came to visit. The older one started to make a comment about her mother being old and I stopped her saying “be careful - your mom and your auntie are the same age” to which she replied “my mom’s old because she has teenagers at home; you don’t so you’re not”. By her definition I became old last year. But at least I didn’t get old until into my 50s and my SIL got old at 45 😂.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I liked my niece’s definition of old ... until it applied to me. When she and her sister were 15 and 13 and my DD was 6, my nieces came to visit. The older one started to make a comment about her mother being old and I stopped her saying “be careful - your mom and your auntie are the same age” to which she replied “my mom’s old because she has teenagers at home; you don’t so you’re not”. By her definition I became old last year. But at least I didn’t get old until into my 50s and my SIL got old at 45 😂.
No comment😊

MickeyCB

DO IT! DO IT!
I would love to read your TR. Any upcoming trips planned???
Sorry for the long answer, but we just went in December and were planning another trip in November, but just got the wonderful call that my daughter got engaged! She lives in Sacramento, so all of a sudden we are planning a West Coast wedding.
(We live in Pittsburgh), and the rumor is that it won't be cheap😲. (Couldn't decide on astonished or eyeball roll face)!
And, we have offered her and her fiance this years DVC points to stay at Aulani for their honeymoon. (Maybe as payback, I'll have her write a trip report on her Aulani stay)!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry for the long answer, but we just went in December and were planning another trip in November, but just got the wonderful call that my daughter got engaged! She lives in Sacramento, so all of a sudden we are planning a West Coast wedding.
(We live in Pittsburgh), and the rumor is that it won't be cheap😲. (Couldn't decide on astonished or eyeball roll face)!
And, we have offered her and her fiance this years DVC points to stay at Aulani for their honeymoon. (Maybe as payback, I'll have her write a trip report on her Aulani stay)!
Oh my Gawd!!!!
Love Aulani!
And congrats!!!
Some old Aulani pix

Cheers to the bride and groom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom