Worst Walt Disney World Attraction

In your opinion, what is the worst Walt Disney World Attraction?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Mission:Space

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 72 17.3%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 85 20.4%
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Votes: 34 8.2%
  • Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Living With The Land

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 12.9%

• Total voters

justintheharris

Original Poster
So Disney has many many attractions and with many hits, there's bound to be some misses. I'm wondering what you people believe to be the worst attraction. I created a poll with options that I've seen circulate as some of the worst (I'm sure someone is still bound to reply "WHY IS (insert option) EVEN AN OPTION?! EVERYONE LOVES IT."). As a reminder, everybody play nice. We all have different perspectives on attractions and we all should respect each other's opinions.

In my opinion, it's the UP bird show.. Even disregarding its predecessor Wonders of Life, it's so bad. Most of it is listening to Dug and Russell talk with Melissa. And in my opinion, it's almost insulting to Dug and Russell as characters. They act like they have 4 brain cells in this show! I think the salt in the wound is the fact that UP is one of my favorite movies of all time and it got such a horrible presence in the park.

But what do you guys think?

Paper straw fan

CBJ hasn’t aged well. It feels a little too plantation-y, and the last time I went in, it seemed kids and parents alike were bored and just using it as a air conditioned pit stop.

I still like the birds in the show, but the tie in to Up is bad. Everything doesn’t need a tie in! (I can’t wait for the Hakuna Matata safari ride in 2021)

justintheharris

Original Poster
CBJ hasn’t aged well. It feels a little too plantation-y, and the last time I went in, it seemed kids and parents alike were bored and just using it as a air conditioned pit stop.

I still like the birds in the show, but the tie in to Up is bad. Everything doesn’t need a tie in! (I can’t wait for the Hakuna Matata safari ride in 2021)
I saw Flights of Wonder shortly before it closed (I had seen it prior to that but watching it in December 2017 was my first time in at least 5 years) and I loved how many birds were there. With the UP show, I just feel like we saw maybe 8 birds. I love UP and an Up tie in didn't need to be as awful as it was.

And yea. I know CBJ was an opening day thing but it's not good anymore. The only reason it has stuck around is because there's really nothing else they can put in there.

Paper straw fan

I saw Flights of Wonder shortly before it closed (I had seen it prior to that but watching it in December 2017 was my first time in at least 5 years) and I loved how many birds were there. With the UP show, I just feel like we saw maybe 8 birds. I love UP and an Up tie in didn't need to be as awful as it was.

Oh yeah, 100%. I’m with you I thought the whole show was weird and felt a bit forced. I like the birds still so while I won’t ever seek it out, it may still be a “it’s hot and we’re here, let’s go relax and see some birds” option.

I hope maybe they are open to feedback and either keep tweaking or maybe just yank the tie in. I feel like the animals should be enough of a sell at a park named Animal Kingdom without some forced movie tie in.

justintheharris

Original Poster
Oh yeah, 100%. I’m with you I thought the whole show was weird and felt a bit forced. I like the birds still so while I won’t ever seek it out, it may still be a “it’s hot and we’re here, let’s go relax and see some birds” option.

I hope maybe they are open to feedback and either keep tweaking or maybe just yank the tie in. I feel like the animals should be enough of a sell at a park named Animal Kingdom without some forced movie tie in.
Well they drastically redid the theater for the tie in so they’re kinda stuck.

Club Cooloholic

I haven't seen it yet, but this seems like a suit said, hey slap a Pixar movie tie in and it will double interest! What I suspect you get are two groups, bird show fans and UP fans, and a show that ultimately leaves both groups disappointed.

Last edited:

Paper straw fan

Well they drastically redid the theater for the tie in so they’re kinda stuck.

That makes sense. I guess I’ll lean towards the ‘tweaking’ possibly then instead of taking a sledgehammer to the whole show.

I feel like every part they stop to inject Dug and Russell in is a part they could be showing me more birds doing cool stuff instead. I’ll still stick with CBJ but I also get this answer- I just wouldn’t want them to completely abandon it, even though we know they won’t!

justintheharris

Original Poster
I haven't seen it yet, but this seems like a suit said, hey slap a Pixar movie tie in and it will double interest! What I suspect you get are two groups, bird show fans and UP fans, and a show that ultimately leaves bith grouos disappointed.
Up is one of my favorite Disney movies and I can safely say it's EVEN MORE INSULTING if you love the movie.

Heppenheimer

Granted, Epcot has evolved since it opened. But it's just weird that the single best attraction of the park's early years, Journey Into Imagination, is now the worst. I never saw the even more hated version without Figment, but the current one just looks like either they ran out of money or just didn't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom