Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5K and 10K are already full? Wow!

Also, for anyone who might be interested in the kids races, they are only available on Saturday. They used to have Friday as option too, but I emailed them and “at this time”, it won’t be an option. Will make it challenging to get from the Half finish line to WWoS in time, but we’ll make it work. I probably just won’t smell all that wonderful! 😂

You'll be in good company with thousands of us.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I hear reports all the time of people going to the parks or restaurants straight from the race. I feel so gross afterwards, all I want is a shower.

I agree. I suppose if I had to I could after a 5K (and if the temperature wasn’t too high when I was running) but anything longer and I would just feel too gross without a shower.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hear reports all the time of people going to the parks or restaurants straight from the race. I feel so gross afterwards, all I want is a shower.

I don't know how they do that. The last thing I want is to visit the parks in my running clothes and shoes. I sweat so much I need a shower after a 5K.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
After the Rival Run 5k, I needed a shower to warm up.

I hear you - it was that way for the 5K during the 2018 Marathon weekend. In fact, I don’t know if I ever thanked you for your tip of wearing a bathrobe while waiting in order to stay warm - I think I ran at least a mile of the 5K while still wearing my sister’s throw away bathrobe before I was warm enough to get rid of it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
OK Dopey-ers. I'm (hopefully) going to be signing up in the next couple of weeks. When do ya'll start your actual Dopey training?

I'm in a training-funk right now and need to get my head on straight. By the time Dopey rolls around I will have 6 half marathons under my belt but those will be my longest race-runs. Dopey will (probably) be my only full and (possibly) my last half.

OG Runner

I agree, though I usually go straight to the pool at the resort I am at first, and just cool for a while. Yes, I know it has been a bit
cool at race time the last few years, but it is what I do. The last time was the 25th anniversary marathon in 2018.

Figment82

Can confirm. Saw a bunch after Rivals Run half. I never changed after the old W&D night races when they finished at the party.
Agree. I NEVER changed after the Towers or night WineDines....it was awesome being in your "uniform" right after the race and partying in the Park with your medal. Favorite memories.
Haha that’s true, I can see that appeal. I’ve never stuck around for the after parties except for one celebratory ride on Tower. I think I’ll pack some wet wipes and deodorant in the car and hope for the best. 😉

LAKid53

Premium Member
OK Dopey-ers. I'm (hopefully) going to be signing up in the next couple of weeks. When do ya'll start your actual Dopey training?

I'm in a training-funk right now and need to get my head on straight. By the time Dopey rolls around I will have 6 half marathons under my belt but those will be my longest race-runs. Dopey will (probably) be my only full and (possibly) my last half.

Galloway has a 29 week training program for Dopey on the rD website. Download it, print it out and tape to the fridge. You can mark off each day. I've used his program - you can't go wrong. In addition, sign up with his pacers at the Expo, based upon your anticipated finish time and corral assignment for both the Half and Full. You'll be motivated and kept on pace. And you'll know you'll finish.

Texas84

This is rough but you will be prepared.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Galloway has a 29 week training program for Dopey on the rD website. Download it, print it out and tape to the fridge. You can mark off each day. I've used his program - you can't go wrong. In addition, sign up with his pacers at the Expo, based upon your anticipated finish time and corral assignment for both the Half and Full. You'll be motivated and kept on pace. And you'll know you'll finish.

the problem with pace groups - no character stops. I'm running this for fun, not time :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom