Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I would love some physical effects in the cabin themselves ala Stormrider at Disneysea where if you crash the falcon maybe some cables fall from the ceiling or buttons stop working or you lose power and such. That missile effect on stormrider blew my mind and it really sells you on the "reality" of a pretty basic simulator
I always thought that effect looked cool on video, too bad it's gone now.

DisneyDrum

The interior waiting room (“chess room”) won’t exactly match the assumed shape of the room. Artistic liberties have been taken to make it feasible to feed three different ride areas, plus have an entrance.

The area marked “7” in the above plan is a good representation of the room. All else is similar but different.

The waiting area is fed from a familiar “Falcon” style curved corridor and is a square room with the chess corner, plenty of “Falcon” decor and a few beep beeps. From here similar curved “falcon” corridors will feed the ride areas. Although for a geek they’re technically in the wrong place, they’ll both feel right. Nor will you have to walk past corridor one to reach corridor two. Each group will feel their corridor is the only one and the correct one.

It’ll all “feel” legit I’m sure.

So with the combo of the Slashfilm image and this info, I've put together this version of how the loading area might work. How close am I @marni1971?

Old Mouseketeer

So with the combo of the Slashfilm image and this info, I've put together this version of how the loading area might work. How close am I @marni1971?

View attachment 365213

No offense, but this is a step backwards (IMHO). Upthread, 180* and I have proposed hypotheses that, when combined, make more sense. The turntable diameter in this diagram is much too small and doesn't account for the tubes that are the screens for each cockpit. The entrance is most likely the port docking ring which is at the right side of your Falcon. According to this depiction's labeling of Turntable 1 and 2 (although we have confirmed through exterior signage on the building that the four turntables are named A-D) the hall to the cockpits on turntable 2 would most likely be above your hall to the starboard docking ring (and the traditional ramp) at a 45* angle (to the upper left where your blue arrow is to the lower left).

@marni1971 said: "Nor will you have to walk past corridor one to reach corridor two."

I believe our solution is consistent with this.

Look, I'm sorry I don't have the graphics software and the time to illustrate what 180* and I have proposed. But I believe it is closer to the truth. YMMV.

SWGalaxysEdge

I think that is a great guess but I wonder if the turntables will turn in opposite directions so that they each exit down the middle or around the outside. I guess part of it would be whether they want to keep the exits separate to make us feel like we were the only ones or one exit to be cheaper.

...the exits will all lead to individual stairways to go down to the first floor (elevators for ADA) and then everyone uses a shared hallway to exit

SWGalaxysEdge

I'm confused with how we're going to load from the chess room. If there's multiple groups in the chess room waiting for a pod, and they call for one group to load, shouldn't the rest of us in the chess room be passengers at that point for those 6 that just loaded and are flying the MF. And if a few minutes later they call for another group, doesn't that break the illusion that there is only one MF. I'm curious what the load spiel will be and if it will keep the continuity.

..once you head to the cockpit, you wont see them again when you leave...they'll still be riding...you assume they are passengers on your flight.

SWGalaxysEdge

Maybe my diagram can help? It’s only speculative but insiders have called it “Not bad.” ;)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...nd-queue-details-spoilers.953642/post-8606868

And if someone with more information would like to point out a mistake in my diagram, please enlighten us!

I need to search through this thread again but I thought somewhere it was stated there will only be one Hondo animatronic preshow room. My diagram reflects that. I think operationally it would run a little smoother with two, though. That way if one side of the building is running a little slower, the other side can still independently draw right from the main queue uninterrupted.

..your drawing looks like "the map" and just one Hondo is correct.

SWGalaxysEdge

According to several insiders on this forum, no. Four seven-pod turntables plus two separate ADA simulators, point being that slow-loading guests will be able to take their time without interrupting any of the carousels. I’m not sure the cockpit even needs to be modified for wheelchair access.

...nope, BUT ADA riders still need to xfer to the seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom