Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Kman101

Really pretty interesting to see how attached we patrons become to things (fountains, etc) because of the feelings the things (fountains, etc) evoked in us while we were visiting...
I kind of view these theme park places as artwork-
I’m ok with someone messing with the art as long as what comes next can keep adding to the original feeling I (we) got that first time we walked through the gate, and strolled around.
it gets scary to me when I think of imagination, and what happened there...
So here’s to those creating what’s to come- May it be “like a grand and miraculous spine redo”
Thanks to Marni and others for keeping us informed as possible as we watch patiently over the next four years...

I'm not attached to the buildings (and for most, it's not at all how some of you are taking this to be about). It just seems, without knowing all the details of course, silly to knock down and rebuild just to house the same things all over again. But I'm sure they have their "reasons".

I find it odd some think we're crazy for suggesting they NOT demo, but why waste the time and money? I guess if they're nice, sure. I also won't miss the smell in Innoventions past Club Cool ... but still ... I'm not clinging to these buildings. Just clinging to what feels like "common sense" ... in this case, reuse what you have. But then they'd have to fill the big buildings, wouldn't want to do that ;)

It'd be nice if we ever got any actual details about why they make these decisions.

Clamman73

I don't know that this thread needs another opinion, but...this is a forum...

I frequented SSE, Horizons, Imagination and WOM in their heyday and they were amazing! Our family loved them, and we rode them again and again. After professional training took me away from WDW for ~10+ years, I was disappointed to find most of the classics gone or gutted. At least SSE and LwtL are still standing.

However, I have never found Communicore to be useful to the flow of the park nor interesting in themselves. The buildings look better from above; at ground level, they didn't captivate me then nor now. And while I suppose that the way that they separate FW East from FW West could allow a presentation of each side of FW when you walk through, I would have always preferred to walk straight from SSE to the Seas then Land then...rather than have to walk all the way to the Land entrance then back.

While I appreciate and enjoy the Fountain and the view of SSE it provides, hopefully once the entrance of Epcot is cleaned up then there will be a beautiful view on entering and we won't miss the cleaner view from the back. I've tried to stop and watch the fountain show, but my family never lets me loiter and it does NOT capture their interest.

I respect @marni1971 and those who feel that these plans could have been done better; but I'm not surprised that they decided that razing Commmunicore was needed to open up the center of FW.

Now they need to do it well; and on completion - please improve Imagination.
If there are some waterfall features on the west side...tear it all down then....plus this should fix the smelly Innoventions West issue...hopefully.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
DreamfinderGuy does not speak for all of this generation. I, for one, think that the Disney Parks do not offer enough opportunities for me to eat Tide Pods.

Does anyone know how many butt-chugging stations the beer garden will have for those millennials who graduated in the 2005-2010 range? Also, what the limit will be? I don't want to see what happens when those guys try to parkour if they've had one too many up there!

DanielBB8

It doesn’t need to. IMHO.
But it doesn't fulfill any thematic purpose. Being there because it always was there isn't enough reason to keep it. Many years ago I though the buildings can be repurposed 2 ways to utilize the cavernous space. Either put in a Fantasyland style dark ride or put in a indoor flat ride park similar to Tokyo DisneySeas Mermaid section. Both are designed to attract young kids who have virtually nothing interesting to see or do there. Alas, that is not to be. The new water park area is a miss for rainy Orlando. Just add kiddie flat rides instead.

JayKZ

Without actual attractions, the Innoventions buildings serve as something of a cattle chute, until the tunnels split off to the Land/Seas and TT/MS/GoG. Sad but true, removing some/most of Innoventions should alleviate much of the current/future congestion issues on the center spine.

Kman101

Again...It was better without the chairs and tables were not there. It looked like this when I went there...Nice and empty..
299.JPG

That hallway stunk to high heaven anyway. I always nearly gagged going in there. How could anyone even sit in there? lol. It was AWFUL.

Kman101

Without actual attractions, the Innoventions buildings serve as something of a cattle chute, until the tunnels split off to the Land/Seas and TT/MS/GoG. Sad but true, removing some/most of Innoventions should alleviate much of the current/future congestion issues on the center spine.

Or they could have built new attractions. Those buildings aren't exactly tiny. I do kind of agree the flow of traffic could be improved. But I still can't agree with demoing them just to rebuild what was already there, just without the 'extra space' which could have been re-used. If there's a specific reason besides long-term cost savings not having attractions and smaller buildings then I'm all ears. But for me, it seems ridiculous to spend the money and start over. There were other plans that involved keeping them ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom