Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyfanman

So we're headed down from 9/30 to 10/5. I picked that week because it was scheduled to be one of the slowest in the fall. I didn't anticipate that GE would be open but I hoped that MMRR would be. Now it's the reverse. I'm offsite so Magic Mornings won't work for me. I wonder what my chances are to get in to GE?

drod1985

@DisneyRoy the BYOS are supposed to start at $109 for the hilt and an extra $49 for the blade.

This was my most anticipated merch of Galaxy's Edge, but I hate to say that I'm underwhelmed by these latest pics. It looks like depending on which of the four tracks you choose you'll get a hilt and a set of eight parts. From those eight parts you pick four to assemble your saber. That means we're seeing all the parts here. Major bummer.

Surferboy567

@DisneyRoy the BYOS are supposed to start at $109 for the hilt and an extra $49 for the blade.

This was my most anticipated merch of Galaxy's Edge, but I hate to say that I'm underwhelmed by these latest pics. It looks like depending on which of the four tracks you choose you'll get a hilt and a set of eight parts. From those eight parts you pick four to assemble your saber. That means we're seeing all the parts here. Major bummer.

I wouldn’t judge them based on these pics I’m still incredibly hyped for them. Also I don’t think we are seeing all the parts since we only see one kit.

drod1985

I wouldn’t judge them based on these pics I’m still incredibly hyped for them. Also I don’t think we are seeing all the parts since we only see one kit.

We only see one kit, but we see 8 hilts all with unique parts. If each kit has a choice of 8 parts, then that means we're seeing each unique part.

Surferboy567

The customizable sabers look... Cheap. Am I the only one who thinks they look like plastic instead of metal?
I'm just wondering if they will be as cost prohibitive as these (to keep crowds down)...

https://ultrasabers.com/build-your-own-lightsaber/

(-1:50:00) more info definitely hefty and the holocron looks great

drod1985

Do we have any idea on the price of the legacy sabers? Really like the Ashoka ones. I really want you build my own as well.

I don't have anything to confirm that, but I'd assume they'll be priced similarly to the current Disney parks exclusives at about $150/hilt. I say that because the Ahsoka blades looked like the same system as the current Parks sabers.

They may be more expensive due to including that new case though.

Surferboy567

can't find it, did the time change since the live stream is complete ?

That is correct the time stamp changes based on time the live stream isn’t fully available yet but you go to the beginning on this stream it’s the video right before it. Should go up after it buffers

Razgriz

I guess im going from a Star Wars fan that owns no sabers to at least 3 after my galaxy's edge visit.
Ahsoka' dual sabers were a must buy, now seeing images of the Temple guard saber that is just as much of a must buy.

matt9112

I don't disagree, but I can't imagine something that resembles nazi uniforms are going to be big sellers.

the resistance is weak and feeble terroists threatening the stability of the galaxy. the empire was built to restore order and civility. the first order are true Patriots trying to prevent chaos and terror.
oh you were saying something about baddie merch???

matt9112

If universal was doing it we would be surprised they actually went that far with the theme for sodas. with that said, i don't think the soda bottles are a big thing. They are cool but they don't add or remove anything to the theming of the place. anyone that thought coke would not be sold in the land is kidding themselves.

duh when you dont have to answer to anybody for standards. cash cash cash.
look im not mad i could care less but i also know its the easy way out nuff said.

RSoxNo1

I don’t know about that. I know this stuff is a bit different but they sell plenty of first order related toys and what not already. If there was a big pushback or loss on those items I think we would’ve seen it by now.
It hasn't been put out en masse yet. It's possible that people will latch onto anything Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, but even the Wizarding World saw changes with the expansion of the candy shop. Ultimately the guests will decide what they want and I suspect it will be less First Order stuff.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Surferboy567

I get that this site isn’t a reputable source but I need to ask the insiders on everything. A certain news site that posts wdw news...today (wink) has reported that the cantina has max occupancy of 30. Apparently the sit down portion will not be ready for galaxy edge’s opening and will open with rise of resistance. Is their any truth to this I don’t really buy the whole “budget cuts” excuse. Another thing mentioned is that their is a 1hr time limit on guests (which I can see being true) It won’t effect me since I’m going in January when the kinks have (hopefully) been largely ironed out. Not sure if this can also effect HWS.

I usually don’t like tagging people but here goes @marni1971 @MisterPenguin

They were right with the Epcot entrance.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom