Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

celluloid

GMR died because modern WDW is hip and happening and has no time for old IPs like Casablanca and Singing in the Rain that no one loves and remembers and that certainly didn’t have a massive and lasting effect on American pop culture.

Now, when does that expensive new Tron ride open?

I feel like this is not far off. Anything that has not had a presence to the Walt Disney Company pre 1989 rarely get reference anymore. Not speaking in attraction terms, just in general. The Art of Animation resort, a resort meant to celebrate a company whose showbusiness roots were animation from the start, has Cars, Nemo and Mermaid being the oldest.

No Name

Then again, CoP's version of the near future looks like a what the 1980s though the year 2000 would look like...

In the future we will have ovens that are too dumb to function with even basic logic, video game graphics out of the 1990 and we will all have "car phones".

wow...I just made myself sad...

But The Great Movie Ride seems more up the current executives' alley in terms of updating. What would they rather do, update a scene or two showing how technology has progressed, or update a scene or two to promote their popular franchises? Seems to me a relatively good and quick form of synergy, right up Chappie's alley. Over time that would've kept the Great Movie Ride updated. However, I think the timing was off for that ball to get rolling, and instead they're replacing the ride completely.

Also spoilers are cool now.

Kman101

It wasnt a culture thing as much as an age thing. Put some movies in there that released after 1980 if you want to connect with everyone. I'm 37 years old and none of the movies on that ride would have put this as a must ride for me. Maybe Alien but to do that property justice risks scaring a core audience group. Besides Wizard Of Oz the whole ride needed to be put in a museum.

I mean for most riders it was scene from movie you have never seen to movie you have never even heard of to boy at least the AC works while I look at a busted Tarzan dangle back and forth.

I'm 33. I knew every movie in there ;) Maybe it's your attitude towards the ride and not the content ;)

Surferboy567

Now this doesn’t mean it’s true but for the record. On the latest episode of Disney Dish released today April 15th, Jim Hill has stated he has heard that the railway has definitely been delayed. He said it was due to have the construction crews headed over to Galaxy’s Edge to finish that by the deadline. He said it could be open by December if not later.

ToTBellHop

Now this doesn’t mean it’s true but for the record. On the latest episode of Disney Dish released today April 15th, Jim Hill has stated he has heard that the railway has definitely been delayed. He said it was due to have the construction crews headed over to Galaxy’s Edge to finish that by the deadline. He said it could be open by December if not later.
Wonder where he read that?

It’s true, however.

matt9112

Vehicles can travel into individual areas, interact with each other, and interact with.... props.

to add to this
if anyone wants a good idea on how it works watch a high quality ride through of the rat ride in paris. (very similar to the seaworld penguin ride as well)
vehicles are simply 10x more flexible. cars can go in a line like a normal ride at parts and than break off into individual areas for prop or small screen interaction they can also orient the line of cars for large screen portions and such. seeing them enter unload is also very neat.

ToTBellHop

Please stop spreading these disgusting lies about trackless vehicles...... I highly doubt these vehicles are even capable of spinning. They do submit tax returns on time though, that I can confirm.
Not this year, they didn't. My e-file was rejected due to a programming error (likely the same error that is holding RotR back) so I had to mail it in! Sad!

FigmentFan82

Just read in a SW:GE thread that the RotR trackless system issue was near to being/if not already resolved. Does this have any merrit and could this breakthru transition to the same issues MMRR is having and cause opening to be moved forward?

Epcot_Imagineer

Just read in a SW:GE thread that the RotR trackless system issue was near to being/if not already resolved. Does this have any merrit and could this breakthru transition to the same issues MMRR is having and cause opening to be moved forward?
MMRR isn't really facing an issue, per say. The ride itself is fine, it's just that all the workers that were focused on it are all being diverted to SW:GE to make sure the land will be in working order for the pushed up opening date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom