Couldn't get Slinky Dog FP Today

Club Cooloholic

I’m going June 4-10 and DHS will be our 1st park day. I couldn’t get a FastPass so we are just doing rope drop. I tell my daughter we do what we can do. If we don’t get to ride that’s just something to do next time.
I gotta ask, how did you book it already? I thought the earliest you could book for June 4 was today, friday?

JIMINYCR

Disappointed and devastated are two different things. If that devastates you, that's totally valid. You're allowed to be devasted. Your feelings are valid. But so are OPs, and the way you worked your original response sounded like you were saying "that's not devastation, this is".
Nope. Never said anything against the OP or insinuated his feelings werent valid. I simply added my take of being devastated. YOU were the one who claimed both of our feelings of devastation were both according to you too insignificant.

awoogala

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately at the current cost per person, early morning magic just isn't in the cards for our group. I'm going to keep playing around on the app and hope for the best!
Understandable. It's a lot, and it is weird these days not to be able to ride everything for the already high costs. Rope drop, or getting in line right before the park closes, seem to be your best bets for cutting down on length of lines. Good Luck!

JenDud

I gotta ask, how did you book it already? I thought the earliest you could book for June 4 was today, friday?
We are arriving a day early so I got a room for 1 night at all star movies before we go over to the boardwalk villas for the rest of our stay. It actually let me book my fast passes at 5:30am Thursday morning.

lmpkmp

The same thing happened to me. I'm arriving at Walt Disney World on 5/28. I tried to get Slinky Dog Dash at the 60 day mark at 7am with no luck. However, I would check for fastpasses on different days and different times of day. I was actually able to get fastpasses yesterday for Slinky dog dash. Keep checking when you can and hopefully you will get lucky.
Good luck!

Trackmaster

Cant do rope drop for various reasons, nor should i have to for the money I've paid.

I hear where you're coming from. I'm not sure if people have told you, but you can always "pound the app" on the day of, or the day before, and you'll probably get it eventually. Its frustrating that you have to do this when you tried so early, but its an option.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
It was may 3 year old's favorite ride, and I loved it as well. We had a 6-night trip last November, and we couldn't get FP for it. No problem - we decided to rope drop it. Well, it was shut down at park open. As was RNR. And then ToT shut down. I sent a polite, but firm, email to DHS expressing my disappointment that 3 of their 6 rides (and 3/4 headliners) were down at the same time. They gave us FP for SDD. My parents and wife wimped out, so I took my kiddo back to MGM and rode and SDD. She loved it, and I thought it was a lot of fun.

The Empress Lilly

Cant do rope drop for various reasons, nor should i have to for the money I've paid.
Indeed. If you fork over $12k for a holiday you may very well indeed expect to ride more than three or four second tier attractions per day without having to get up two hours earlier than on your working days.

Pixie dusting remains it's own kind of mental illness.

The Empress Lilly

It was may 3 year old's favorite ride
To me that's exactly what Slinky is. A kiddie coaster. But one that huffs and puffs and acts as if it were a big boys one. Perfect for toddlers and the very youngest guests. For whom Slinky is akin to driving the MK Speedway and pretending they are in a real car.

Jimmy Thick

I booked fast passes yesterday for a two week trip in June and had absolutely no issues getting any fast passes for any attraction. In fact after the first two day I pretty much had my choice of times for anything.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
"Devastated" seems... excessive.

Just get there at rope drop and ride with no wait. Not getting a FastPass isn't the end of the world.

^^^

This is exactly what my lady and I did. The only ride we had a bit of difficulty getting on was FoP. All the other major attractions were fairly easy at rope drop.

Willmark

Indeed. If you fork over $12k for a holiday you may very well indeed expect to ride more than three or four second tier attractions per day without having to get up two hours earlier than on your working days.

Pixie dusting remains it's own kind of mental illness.
Note my signature.

Trackmaster

There's nothing really special about Slinky. Its sluggishness really kills any forces or airtime you would get on it. Its visually stunning, but the major appeal of it is the exclusivity and how hard it is to get a FP+ for. As I say its visually stunning, you can pretty much get the experience by just watching it. I got 7 laps on it one day, and I've gotten other laps here and there, so I feel like I'm qualified to size it up. Flight of Passage and 7DMT are worth the long waits, but Slinky is just hype.

If they sped it up by 25 MPH or so (and maybe added some banking and smoothed out some of the turns to accommodate the extra speed) it would pretty much be airtime heaven and be an elite coaster, but they didn't do that, so for now, its a coaster just missed out on its potential. Yeah, its a kiddie coaster for sure.

ElvisMickey

I was online right at seven. We have a party of 5. All the fastpasses for the day I chose were gone. We are going 6/2-6/8. Does anyone have a similar experience on their 60 day mark? How likely am I to score a FP for it in the future? Thanks for any help. I'm pretty devastated.

Get to Hollywood Studios before rope drop in the AM, go directly to Slinky Dog when the park opens and once in line you'll be on the ride in less than 30 minutes.

Jim Buck

Did the time window change to 7 am? Used to go active at midnight Eastern time to be able to book FP's.
I usually stayed up and booked them then with good luck overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom