News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

flynnibus

Premium Member
One of the big things left is the railings which they probably can't do while the line is running.

Just look at the yellow columns in that video... the flooring still.. the lack of railings... All of this stuff has just been sitting for weeks and the line hasn't been running all that much... nor is it all day and night.

I get prioritizing tasks... but its like the station building crews just moved onto something else.

mm121

Painting outdoor steel structures that are generally hard to reach is a very bad idea. Anytime I design or approve exterior, exposed structural steel structures it must always be galvanized steel.
I know it's a pain from a maintenance standpoint which is why I understand not painting all of them.

There's just two or three right in the middle of CBB that are pretty horrible looking.

Grimley1968

Since the Riviera resort itself appears to be well behind the Riviera station or any of the other gondola stations, will the EPCOT line open with gondola doors remaining closed at the Riviera station while they pass through, until the resort opens?

mm121

International Gateway is boarded up, and totally rerouted around to expand. Walls went up last night!

Will be interesting to see how that area ends up as thus far it seems from the pics that its gonna be pretty crowded no matter what changes are made
Since the Riviera resort itself appears to be well behind the Riviera station or any of the other gondola stations, will the EPCOT line open with gondola doors remaining closed at the Riviera station while they pass through, until the resort opens?
I'm sure that's easily accomplished, and very likely.

Not sure what the opening planned date of Riviera is, but no logical reason they'd keep the skyliner close because of it

They definitely want the skyliner up and running smoothly before the opening of galaxy edge

Disone

Image result for convection oven that looks like a gondola
Notice the ventilation slots on the bottom and the vents in the windows to promote even convection roasting.
wow. the cooking joke just will not stop, I wonder if any new ones will be funny? That said, this IS an excellent shot. Looks like it will be very well ventilated. Interesting the doors do not seem to have ventilation features, but the side opposite the door does. The Doppelmayr Gondola I recently rode while skiing, the door have ventilation but Only one vent slot on the forward and rear facing surfaces though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
wow. the cooking joke just will not stop, I wonder if any new ones will be funny? That said, this IS an excellent shot. Looks like it will be very well ventilated. Interesting the doors do not seem to have ventilation features, but the side opposite the door does. The Doppelmayr Gondola I recently rode while skiing, the door have ventilation but Only one vent slot on the forward and rear facing surfaces though.
I agree -- those cooking jokes are getting old. :rolleyes:

Let's go back to the alligator bait jokes.

Phil12

The angled slatted jalousie windows only appear to provide good ventilation. As many Floridians know, jalousie windows tend to trap heat and are commonly referred to as "jalousy windows" because they provide such poor ventilation. But they are efficient in even heat distribution.

trainplane3

We can start a cookbook. Submit all recipes to...

cookedingondola.com
Is a joke worth $12?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom