Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In claiming that Disney is "investing in a preview center", would that mean in this case that they are just using the Odyssey building to display some concept art, maybe a model or two?

That was indeed officially announced with the front gate update, namely, that Odyssey would become an exhibition center for the upcoming projects.

Phicinfan

It is a fact they are investing in a preview center which they wouldn't be doing if the latest doom predictions for the park were remotely accurate.

IMO.
Seriously?
They will have models and art of Rat and restaurant in France, WoL Innovations light, GotG ride, UK ride(hope beyond hope), maybe updated art for Land....
And a friggen picture of the new center area that IS FW - that being Festival World - yes folks I just figured out what the new FW means! :D

Phicinfan

I will add to my previous post - I hope they will also eventually have Brazil Pavilion or whatever country they may be adding....

FrankLapidus

That was indeed officially announced with the front gate update, namely, that Odyssey would become an exhibition center for the upcoming projects.

Thanks, I suspected as much.

So hardly an "investment" that proves that the lastest news/developments (or "doom predictions") about this project are in any way innacurate.

FrankLapidus

If you consider doom to be the most extensive and elaborate expansions in the history of Disney, then yeah, I'll take doom and so will 98% of the public.

Read through posts on the previous page and you'll see that I didn't use that term myself.

I was quoting another poster who did use it to, true to form, mischaracterise and distort the fair and reasonable opinions that others had expressed about this project.

FrankLapidus

There is a large chunk of people who will never be satisfied and think they (alone) have better ideas than everyone else. It's much easier to condemn and complain (or assume the worst) than it is to be naturally enthusiastic and optimistic.

I also think there's a fair number of wannabe Disney employees (who were probably rejected) and thus permanently angry at leadership (or simply fail to understand how business actually works...)

I think you're talking absolute nonsense; if nothing else, you're at least consistent in that.

You don't seem able to comprehend that not everyone shares your opinion so you've taken to being incredibly patronising to those you disagree with, or in the case of @marni1971, discredit him altogether, in spite of him having a considerable and proven track record of access to information from within the company - I assume your "wannabe Disney employees" dig is aimed in large part at @marni1971 given the way you've mischaracterised him previously and, in truth, it's a pretty pathetic attempt to put down a respected and valued member of this forum who happens to disagree with your own viewpoint.

For all of your accusations of others harbouring and pushing agendas, it is your own posts that have been the most glaringly agenda-driven. I have no idea what your goal is but you're on a hiding to nothing - your posts have been nothing but petty and patronising.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think you're taking absolute nonsense.

You don't seem able to comprehend that not everyone shares your opinion so you've taken to being incredibly patronising to those you disagree with, or in the case of @marni1971, discredit him altogether, in spite of him having a considerable and proven track record of access to information from within the company - I assume your "wannabe Disney employees" dig is aimed in large part at @marni1971 given the way you've mischaracterised him previously and, in truth, it's a pretty pathetic attempt to put down the opinions of others who don't agree with your own viewpoint.

For all of your accusations of others harbouring and pushing agendas, it is your own posts that have been the most glaringly agenda-driven. I have no idea what your goal is but you're on a hiding to nothing - your posts have been nothing but petty and patronising.
Bingo. I’m glad you can all see through this sad muppet. Thank you.

CaptainAmerica

Of course they'd never want to promote bad projects in such a public-facing way. Meanwhile at DCA's Blue Sky Cellar...

Pixar-Fest-at-Disneyland-Blue-Sky-Cellar-Pixar-Pier-Preview.jpg

https:///wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DasUIZXVQAA3CtY.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

Pixar Pier is a bad concept, executed poorly, at incredible expense for what it is, yet it's still being highlighted nearly a year after it opened. In the meantime, there's a new billion-dollar land across the Esplanade that's set to open in a couple months that has remarkably little information available in the parks, but is largely blocked from view of average guests.

DCA's preview center opened in 2008 because they knew all the upcoming construction would be too significant to ignore. So instead of pretending like it didn't exist, they leaned into it and created an opportunity to get people excited for the park's future. Given that Epcot's core will also require several years of extensive construction, it makes sense that they want a similar location for guests to learn more, so all those poor CMs don't have to keep answering questions about what's behind the wall.

It's not about quality, it's about marketing. I suspect marketing is also the reason why they were willing to tear down perfectly usable buildings for this plan: it's a lot easier to get people excited (whether potential visitors planning vacations, or corporate boardrooms buying into expensive projects) if the change is more drastic. New must be better, right?
I was never at DCA prior to the Pixar redo, so I'm curious. What about Pixar Pier is a bad thing? I'll concede that the Incredibles overlay on California Screamin' adds nothing to the ride, but I can't imagine it makes it somehow worse. That's how I feel about most of the land actually. Pixar adds nothing, but it doesn't really take anything away, either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was never at DCA prior to the Pixar redo, so I'm curious. What about Pixar Pier is a bad thing? I'll concede that the Incredibles overlay on California Screamin' adds nothing to the ride, but I can't imagine it makes it somehow worse. That's how I feel about most of the land actually. Pixar adds nothing, but it doesn't really take anything away, either.
Why fix what wasn’t broken. Since the overhaul Paradise Pier was a well themed, time specific area. Biggest complaint I’ve heard from friends over there is why shove IP where it wasn’t needed when the money could have gone elsewhere.

CaptainAmerica

Why fix what wasn’t broken. Since the overhaul Paradise Pier was a well themed, time specific area. Biggest complaint I’ve heard from friends over there is why shove IP where it wasn’t needed when the money could have gone elsewhere.
Was it expensive? It doesn't look expensive...

I still feel the well-themed, time-specific vibe when I'm there. It doesn't feel like Pixar replaced Paradise Pier, it's as if the two merged. It's sort of like adding a video to the queue in Kilimanjaro Safaris where Timon and Pumba tell you about their African friends that you're going to be seeing. It's not really necessary but IMO doesn't harm anything.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I still feel the well-themed, time-specific vibe when I'm there. It doesn't feel like Pixar replaced Paradise Pier, it's as if the two merged. It's sort of like adding a video to the queue in Kilimanjaro Safaris where Timon and Pumba tell you about their African friends that you're going to be seeing. It's not really necessary but IMO doesn't harm anything.
Good description.

Bender123

Expensive is relative...

Putting those tens of millions into something like a new attraction just seemed like a better "theme park" move than what was done, which is a better "business synergy" move.

DreamfinderGuy

Someone had mentioned the countries a page or two back. Martin would probably be a better source than me on this but I’m pretty sure Brazil is still on the table, along with concepts for something else

yensidtlaw1969

I’d have to disagree - I never cringed while riding California Screamin’. It was lacking in quality theming and cohesiveness, but at least it didn’t have babies on a stick and excruciating dialogue work.

I could forgive a bit if we at least got solid Edna Mode animatronics at the beginning and end of the ride, but they didn’t even do THAT. I absolutely enjoyed myself more on the older attraction, and it wasn’t even a favorite of mine.

JacksonSq

I'm looking forward to all of the new changes at Epcot. They are gearing towards more of what I like about the park already. I do sympathize with those that feel the park that they loved so much is slipping away though. I understand that it's a bummer.

I don't agree with any of @marni1971 's opinions on what's good or bad about Epcot's changes. I think we're just different people, but I can separate that from the information that he provides. What he shares is nothing like you can get on any other Disney site and it's pretty valuable and appreciated. I don't believe he has an agenda.

As more of a lurker and less of a poster, I can say that these forums and threads would be so much easier to navigate if everyone could curb the one line sarcastic posts that offer nothing to the conversation except rile up those that are easily riled up.

I've now posted twice in two days. See you in 10 months.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to all of the new changes at Epcot. They are gearing towards more of what I like about the park aready. I do sympathize with those that feel the park that they loved so much is slipping away though. I understand that it's a bummer.

I don't agree with any of @marni1971 's opinions on what's good or bad about Epcot's changes. I think we're just different people, but I can separate that from the information that he provides. What he shares is nothing like you can get on any other Disney site and it's pretty valuable and appreciated. I don't believe he has an agenda.

As more of a lurker and less of a poster, I can say that these forums and threads would be so much easier to navigate if everyone could curb the one line sarcastic posts that offer nothing to the conversation except rile up those that are easily riled up.

I've now posted twice in two days. See you in 10 months.

rudyjr13

How DARE YOU tell me what I do or do not like. How DARE YOU attempt to continue your PERSONAL AGENDA against ME. Anything I post as opinion I state as such.

Im afraid you`ve been seen by other members for what you really are. No one to blame but yourself.

Why even feed the troll? You guys are all crazy engaging with crazy posters. Just let them post and go away.

As for this rumor, again I am reading a lot of jumping to conclusions with the beer garden especially. If something is built and you hate it, fine but we have such little information about this today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom