News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

aladdin2007

Big Bang when the earth was started. ILLUMINATIONS 1988 highlighted the countries in WS. Maybe Epcot Forever will give a nod to that?

agree would love to see that done again, and I hope the pavilions are still outlined in lights (though fixed and improved) like they have been, in both the forever, and whatever ip mess the new show ends up being.

jrhwdw

agree would love to see that done again, and I hope the pavilions are still outlined in lights (though fixed and improved) like they have been, in both the forever, and whatever ip mess the new show ends up being.
Are some Pavilion lights broken? I really haven't seen anything onYT or Twitter about that. At the VERY least, the Pavilion lights SHOULD be in Epcot Forever, who knows about 2020. I hope the IllumiNations 1988 intro makes it in somewhere in Epcot Forever.

JayKZ

i never understood the "fire" on the lake. Does anyone know the meaning to that? or just for ambiance?
The IllumiNations:RoE article here on WDWmagic explains the "story" very well in the show notes by Don Dorsey. Just knowing the titles of each musical section gives meaning to the whole show, from "Chaos" and "Space", through "Life", "Adventure", "Home", "Celebration", and finally "Meaning", RoE tells a great story both musically and visually.

DreamfinderGuy

There’s a certain song in Epcot Forever that they’re unexpectedly shining a spotlight on, unless plans have changed. The way that guy in the preview video said “And here’s the intro” is starting to make me think that plans might’ve changed again. Anyway, if that section of the show stuck around, then you read it here first I guess. It’s not one of the big ones that you’d expect.

jrhwdw

Posted this in ROE's thread, but fits here as well,

A quick look at the Sept-Oct Calendar 36 hours after ROE's stream shows EF taking ROE's times. So, doesn't look like EF will be more than 1 time a night. Maybe the 2020 show will go up to 2 times a night? Or EF if it's insanely popular?

NO WAY EF is opening BEFORE 10/1!!! (Unless After Hours/Moonlight Magic surprise or Media Night after Park close)

And we all know ROE's last weekend though 10/1, WSL will be Full!

However I'll be shocked if we don't see EF testing after hours from Epcot Resorts.

skimbob

I am glad to hear that ROE will still be there for my trip in early September. It will give me one more time to celebrate a show that I have always enjoyed.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

im Surprised there not using the Fountains for Epcot Forever, I guess the barges are being reused and reworked for the next show. I’m still under the impreshion there going back to the old roots and introducing the countries like the old days more in a Disney theme.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am definitely looking forward to Epcot Forever.

I really didn't see the connection between illuminations and Epcot. Not knocking it - i've seen it many times and watched the Live stream last night and it's just a little random for me.

i never understood the "fire" on the lake. Does anyone know the meaning to that? or just for ambiance?
In brief, the initial Big Bang is just that. The birth of the universe. What follows is Chaos - the creation of everything.

Out of this comes the molten earth. As it floats through Space it cools, water develops, then plants, and life with animals, then man. Man becomes the dominant species (kills) and begins to document (cave paintings)

Man then leaves the cave and begins to explore. Adventure. Travel. Build.

Then we come Home to celebrate the arts, science, progress. This is followed by a celebration of mankind.

Finally we find Meaning and We Go On into the future.

Words underlined are the chapters and sub chapters of the show.

Mediachi

In brief, the initial Big Bang is just that. The birth of the universe. What follows is Chaos - the creation of everything.

Out of this comes the molten earth. As it floats through Space it cools, water develops, then plants, and life with animals, then man. Man becomes the dominant species (kills) and begins to document (cave paintings)

Man then leaves the cave and begins to explore. Adventure. Travel. Build.

Then we come Home to celebrate the arts, science, progress. This is followed by a celebration of mankind.

Finally we find Meaning and We Go On into the future.

Words underlined are the chapters and sub chapters of the show.
Well with that being said...Do you have an idea on when we will see an Illuminations Retrospective edit, Martin?

tl77

Wish I could see this in person. Saw IllumiNations last summer, and after as we were leaving the park they started playing music from the classic EPCOT attractions... was my favorite part of the trip

...by the way, didn't they have jet skis with kite during that shot lived daytime show on the World Showcase Lagoon back in the day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom