Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Rteetz

As a former Wisconsinite, I was thinking the same thing. The beer garden concept has exploded in the last five years or so, and are really trendy and popular in this part of the country.

In my experience, they are usually located in county parks and are generally gathering spaces in a garden pavilion where they serve beer, non-alcoholic beverages and food. Sometimes there is music nearby and a lot of times there are playgrounds or activities for kids.

I don't know what the Epcot plans are, but based on the map showing green space and gardens nearby, I'm guessing it may be similar. Not that Epcot doesn't already have elements of this concept throughout the World Showcase, but I digress...
As another Wisconsinite I don't have a problem with a beer garden in Epcot in saw Canada, the UK, etc., I have a problem with the location in the middle of what is currently known as future world.

Rich Brownn

Sanctioned or not, the components of a World's Fair (NONE have been held in North America for ages, and so next to nobody on here has been to one) are basically the same components of Epcot both at inception and into the future. The theme they are aiming for is clear... World's Fair with a heavy Disney tilt. That does mean the end of Future World (which was never really a World's Fair thing anyway).
If you look at the NY WF versus others you understand what I mean. If it had been themed like a normal WF, World Showcase would have been the entire theme, with a corporate pavilion scattered here and there. At NY the focus was on corporations and heavy on ride extravaganzas or interesting theatrical shows. I went to both that and Expo 67, and can tell you Expo was more representative of a normal world's fair. Look at www.nywf64.com and see how much of it was corporations as compared to a normal fair. Plus the amount of money companies would throw hrs a nation made it much more spectacular.

FrankLapidus

Whether he admits it or not, it's important to keep in mind that "Marni" has an agenda

As do you, clearly.

You obviously have some strange grudge to bear with @marni1971, given your concerted (and misguided) attempts to discredit him and the information he provides here, as well as convince to others to share your scepticism and question that information.

Rich Brownn

Well, THAT opinion of Walt sounds...suspiciously...familiar. :cautious:

I have read "unauthorized" biographies of Walt - most notably "The Disney Version" by Richard Schickel - and if anything the authors of those books are the ones who present opinions rather than facts. (I agree with the opinion of Joe Adamson, who wrote a definitive biography of the career of MGM animation director Tex Avery, that the Schickel book should have been entitled "The Outrage of Richard Schickel", because the book is so full of BS. It's mostly a tedious didactic rehash of the Disney strike of 1941). I see no reason to believe that such biased diatribes are more reliable than Bob Thomas' biography of Walt, which was well-researched, contains interviews of Walt and his employees that Thomas conducted himself, and Thomas' pledge that neither the Disney company nor the Disney family influenced or interfered with him in any way. Thomas had a sterling reputation as biographer and reporter. So stow the lecture, dude.

As for Marni, he cares about the parks and has inside information, and therefore I fully support his agenda/point of view. He has proven to be a reliable source, and is one of the main reasons I visit his site. And that's that.

View attachment 363275
Schikel has the best quote about Disney though. "In the end, Walt Disney's greatest creation was Walt Disney."

rocketraccoon

On the site that shall not be named's article, they mention a bridge connecting the Festival Center to somewhere near Spaceship Earth. Is there not gonna be access to the Festival Center from the central area? That seems excessive otherwise.

rocketraccoon

Yeah, the bridge seems...odd. I don't know what the point of it would be....
There's a green circle around the side of Festival Center facing the central area. That's supposed to be a planter I'm assuming? Although it seems like you could just cut a path across and not need a giant bridge.

trainplane3

Sorry to interject, but this is seriously getting ridiculous. Does @marni1971 put his opinion in his posts? Yes. Are they sometimes in the same post as news/rumors he's providing? Yes. Can an individual of minimal intelligence tell the difference between the facts, rumors and his opinion? Yes! Even then, his opinions also have never been 100% for or against TDO. Look at this case, he explicitly stated that in his opinion there were options better, and also worse, than the one green-lit.

Meanwhile, is there a member of these forums who has a history of bashing the insiders, asking for sources and then refuting them? Yes, I'm looking at you @tigerlight. That is the definition of an agenda.

I appreciate the insight given here, and I also appreciate seeing other people's opinions. I don't love this idea, but at the same time can appreciate FW getting less "bulky". I'm skeptical, but time will tell.
And when people ask him if something (project/rumor) is looking "good or bad" he'll usually put a little "imo" right in his post. It isn't science. He discloses his opinions right there. Heck, right when the layout of "new" FW was posted he said there were others that he felt were better and "another that was much worse imo".

I'm not even sure why this is a "issue" today.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Odd that you haven't bothered to refute my main point: you love to mix (your) opinions and (some) facts together into the same basic statement: Disney leaders are incompetent buffoons who overspend on crappy stuff. Isn't that what you basically think?

Well, even if that's the case, @marni1971 is one step ahead of you since all you have is your opinionated agenda and no facts at all.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
SO, you want to instill your morals and values on others? A few misbehaving people should ruin the experience for others?

In my hundred+ Epcot visits (including NYE) I've never, NOT ONCE, observed anyone fighting, peeing themselves, or cursing up a storm. But even if I had, it happens. Don't go if you don't like it. Epcot has a different vibe and that's on purpose.
I was nearly thrown up on in a monorail by some heavily intoxicated 60 year old women.

They were executing good judgment by taking the monorail back to the TTC to get their car to drive back home.

BoarderPhreak

I think the vast majority of people just walk right past the Art of Disney store at EC. Whether because it's in a "dead zone" in SSE's shadow and/or set back a bit or needs more... Pizazz. I'm not convinced anyone would therefore miss it. I know that personally, over all the years - I've been in there once, maybe twice.

i.php

rocketraccoon

To be honest, I feel the Art of Disney store in DS makes the one in Epcot feel...forgotten? My last three purchases were from the one in DS because the Epcot store didn't carry them. They weren't anything special either.
I imagine it's still worth keeping around somewhere, though maybe some place in World Showcase may draw more of a crowd. There's a good amount of people who go to the parks that will never touch Disney Springs, and I imagine it's not that expensive of a store to run.

Also that reminds me, the store in Epcot has a staircase directly to the left of the entrance. Where does it lead?

sedati

Imagine you had never been to, or even heard of Epcot Center before. Then you see this:

What might you think this was?
When told it was part of a theme park, what might you think then?
What's inside, what's beyond?
Would you know there are exhibits inside? What kind of experiences would you guess are in there? Did you know there's a shop and restaurant? Where might those be? Any idea what amazing pavilions lay beyond these structures or how to reach them?
This was Disney's first flex-space. A great idea, but not for a hub. I feel like any other park you make your way inside and you mind fills with the options laid out all around you. I think once you pass beyond Spaceship Earth, many first-timers look about and think, "wait-what?" as they reach for a map.
IMHO

TwilightZone

Imagine you had never been to, or even heard of Epcot Center before. Then you see this:
View attachment 363303
View attachment 363304
View attachment 363302
What might you think this was?
When told it was part of a theme park, what might you think then?
What's inside, what's beyond?
Would you know there are exhibits inside? What kind of experiences would you guess are in there? Did you know there's a shop and restaurant? Where might those be? Any idea what amazing pavilions lay beyond these structures or how to reach them?
This was Disney's first flex-space. A great idea, but not for a hub. I feel like any other park you make your way inside and you mind fills with the options laid out all around you. I think once you pass beyond Spaceship Earth, many first-timers look about and think, "wait-what?" as they reach for a map.
IMHO
This post reminded me of dreams I would have when I was younger, and all I had knowledge of about epcot was the ball and what was inside innoventions.
My brain would combine them into a technology wonderland.
So thanks for making me nostalgic and sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom