Magic Kingdom losing evening EMHs?

rudyjr13

Maybe they are going hard ticket events (halloween and Christmas) from Aug-Dec then the new after hours pay event the rest of the year unless crowds don't demand it. I'm thinking January and Feb maybe they don't need the extra events. We'll see. I will just adjust the type of ticket and how many I get if this is the case going forward.

The thing is when they don't have the hard ticket events the park should remain open until 9, 10 or 11pm. If it closes at 7 or 8 that's rough.

jt04

How anyone could “hope” that an already-overcrowded MK will be closing earlier to resort guests is beyond me. Unless you just love crowds that much. Or are trolling.

Opening earlier will cause many guests to leave earlier. Making for more reasonable crowds towards the evening.

Kman101

there was some speculation what was once free is now becoming more pay to play... which is unfortunate.

it's likely due to a combination of MNSSHP and MVMCP along with the after hours events (guests can pay for) means no room for EMHs in the evening. This will likely be a trend from here on however

That was my thought. There's no "room" for them at night during this time frame. June-December will be pretty busy at night with After Hours and the holiday parties. Will be interesting to see where this heads ...

Kman101

Maybe they are going hard ticket events (halloween and Christmas) from Aug-Dec then the new after hours pay event the rest of the year unless crowds don't demand it. I'm thinking January and Feb maybe they don't need the extra events. We'll see. I will just adjust the type of ticket and how many I get if this is the case going forward.

The thing is when they don't have the hard ticket events the park should remain open until 9, 10 or 11pm. If it closes at 7 or 8 that's rough.

So far they seem to be doing it at 8:30/9pm. I agree they shouldn't close the park at 7 or 8 for them. But they already hard close most of the parks at 9. I'd agree with the complaining about them if they started doing even earlier closures. 9 is pushing it as it is, but for a few years now the park hours have been pretty 'set in stone' with little flexibility. Personally, I think the MK should be open until 11 or 12 (World Showcase as well) most nights, barring maybe January and February (the only "slower" times left, they're already killing the end of August/September slow period)

rodserling27

Disney:
Just Pay ~$100 for a park ticket
We'll be overcrowded
Have less hours for you to do things
If you're staying on property bus service isn't as good as it once was
Disney springs and a few other hotels can book FP's at 60 days now just like you can which means less availability
if you want a good seat for some of the night shows you may want to pay more for your meal even though good seating was once available to all

...but hey don't worry, we'll have extra special hours you can purchase to do the same things you did once before

What do ya think? Ready to book?
Ha! Not only this, when there does happen to be EMH or AH in MK, everything is basically closed save for a few popular rides.
"Come to the Magic Kingdom! We keep it open late for on-site guests, but everything is closed."

Legendary

It will be interesting to see if they start adding more hard ticket evenings if guests will abandon regular tickets all together. If there were enough nights during my stay I would just do all hard ticket nights. Why deal with all the crowds? Relax at the pool all day and enjoy low crowds at night. A 4 day ticket is roughly only $20 less than 4 after hours nights.

Bill in Atlanta

Opening earlier will cause many guests to leave earlier. Making for more reasonable crowds towards the evening.

Sorry, I just don’t see this. I think closing at 9pm, regardless of the morning schedule, keeps MK slammed in the afternoon and night. Most people aren’t crack-of-dawn types on vacation, especially if they just had a grueling day at the parks yesterday.

They really need to expand hours in both directions- morning and evening. MK attendance is now over 20 million/year. It was 15 million in 2004. There is no longer a “slow” time or offseason.

I understand the next step is to charge for late evening hours through ticketed events, which has already begun. I’ll take a wait & see approach because, hey, maybe it’ll be worth it. To a lot of people it won’t. But if it’s the only way to enjoy MK at night without it being slammed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom