News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Rteetz

22E89D45-2B01-4274-B694-0B0D5FC1D7FC.jpeg
2352937B-5D74-4E99-A303-F1B429FFBFE6.jpeg
C581270E-2318-4465-ACE0-1C7C44208335.jpeg

Robbiem

I think they could build star wars hotels with maybe a star tours style attraction and put them in other areas. Maybe places that are too cold for a major park. Somewhere that wouldn't have a lot of competition but population and airports. Maybe not even in the us. But a premium star wars (or marvel) hotel, with role playing costumes etc. You would check in and not see the outside world during your stay. It could only be done by someone like Disney that can afford to do it right, with a product that has a huge fandom, heck universal could do something similar with HP.

I could see Disney trying something like this as their next try at regional entertainment centres. Im not sure how well marvel would work as it would be hard to have people with superpowers but there are several IPs which could be used, personally id love to see a tron hotel / mini park where you go onto the game grid

Hawg G

I believe the survey was just $1k per night and a two-night experience with no clue as to whether that was per person or per room.

Let's break it down.

I'd assume a refillable mug is included...Oooooo! $15 bucks. Maybe $25 if it's all inclusive with blue Milk too. Maybe $100 if it's alcohol inclusive.

But honestly, it will include top tier Free Dining, with likely Signature meals, at least one night, but perhaps a dinner theater level night. So, easily $100 a day, maybe $150 for Disney.

Then it should include theme park admission, as it would break the illusion if you had to buy a ticket to actually go to Batuu. That's $100 a night. I guess for 3 days.

Plus, it would likely include a night time event one day, and maybe a morning event the other. Perhaps with costumes wearable for the evening one, and a lot of interactivity . That's $250 for the night, and 100 for the day.

Add in perhaps a few freebies, Republic credits, etc for another $50 a night.

That's somewhere around $6-700 a day in high level upscale included activities. Since it is such a small place, ramping up to $1000 a night would be doable due to how hard a reservation will be to get.

Then add in the room. While I can't see the rooms being as large as the GF, adding i screens as windows, interactive things in the room, I could easily see $1000 a night for the room.

So, $3000 for a 2 night stay for 2, plus $1000 per kid, maybe a little less, is not a ridiculous number to expect.

And honestly, I'm just not sure I could bring myself to pay that. I have a pretty high level job, and have the money, but $5000 for 2 days of pure Star Wars for my family would be a pretty tough thing to sign off on.

However, I also think basically all WDW hotels are insanely over priced, and never stay on property.

I would definitely have to read lots of reviews before making that reservation.

Janir

At the ball-park figure of 2K per person for the 2 nights, can you imagine how many points this would be for a studio?

There’s no way this will ever have DVC, sorry.
Missed the costs. $2k per person for 2 nights?? Ok I'd LOVE to stay but no way in heck. I can get dinner for two at the Chefs table in Victoria and Albert's for less than half that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BTW, I was wondering, where do these sorts of aerial shots come from? Does Disney officially release them? I ask because I believe the airspace over Disney World is restricted.

The "do not fly zone" is about 3 miles in radius from some random point near the Contemporary and goes 3,000 feet up.

That means only part of Epcot is in the zone and DHS and DAK are outside.

One can try to do telephoto shots of stuff inside the zone from outside, which is what most of these aerials do as part of plane/helicopter tours of the area. You can also fly over it with a telephoto camera mounted underneath the plane.

Or, you can get permission to fly through it. Just fill out paperwork with a flight plan. The FAA I've heard isn't keen on Disney having this Congress-mandated NFZ and is more likely than not to grant the permission (which is allowed by law).

This shows the extent and the height of the NFZ...

ppete1975

Let's break it down.

I'd assume a refillable mug is included...Oooooo! $15 bucks. Maybe $25 if it's all inclusive with blue Milk too. Maybe $100 if it's alcohol inclusive.

But honestly, it will include top tier Free Dining, with likely Signature meals, at least one night, but perhaps a dinner theater level night. So, easily $100 a day, maybe $150 for Disney.

Then it should include theme park admission, as it would break the illusion if you had to buy a ticket to actually go to Batuu. That's $100 a night. I guess for 3 days.

Plus, it would likely include a night time event one day, and maybe a morning event the other. Perhaps with costumes wearable for the evening one, and a lot of interactivity . That's $250 for the night, and 100 for the day.

Add in perhaps a few freebies, Republic credits, etc for another $50 a night.

That's somewhere around $6-700 a day in high level upscale included activities. Since it is such a small place, ramping up to $1000 a night would be doable due to how hard a reservation will be to get.

Then add in the room. While I can't see the rooms being as large as the GF, adding i screens as windows, interactive things in the room, I could easily see $1000 a night for the room.

So, $3000 for a 2 night stay for 2, plus $1000 per kid, maybe a little less, is not a ridiculous number to expect.

And honestly, I'm just not sure I could bring myself to pay that. I have a pretty high level job, and have the money, but $5000 for 2 days of pure Star Wars for my family would be a pretty tough thing to sign off on.

However, I also think basically all WDW hotels are insanely over priced, and never stay on property.

I would definitely have to read lots of reviews before making that reservation.
i can break it down in less words....

Because they can.

Hawg G

Haven’t we seen the pictures of what these will look like? Like mini escape pods from a space ship ......

It's close enough to the parks that they could have put a people mover type ride. Of course, Disney loves busses. And cutting budgets.

I can't see it being escape pod themed unless they create a non stop path to the park, which doesn't seem to be available.

Some airports have busses you board at seat level from the terminal, so it's not a new thing. But a bus with no windows that doesn't move smoothly could be a problem

kthomas105

“It will also ‘seamlessly connect’ to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, likely via a themed bus.”

A themed bus?
With screens instead of windows in the likeness of Hogwarts express. And access to the "ship" bus is through a gangway (think jet bridge) likely with screens for windows as well. The floor plans of the hotel show the area where the guest will load the bus along with the connecting gangway.

_caleb

Thanks for clarification. I’ve seen some of the “bus transport to the Star Wars Hotel” artwork online. Seems like Disney may want to get ahead of the “bus” wording that fans are using by announcing it as a “shuttle transport” or something.

Back to talking about how the hotel will be so expensive I’ll never get to visit it...

kthomas105

This, although I am not sure how you would ever see this. Maybe on a projection screen from inside the hotel.

View attachment 363245
In my mind this is the vehicle bringing you from the lobby to space in the likeness of the hydrolators from the original seas pavilion at Epcot. There is a room you enter after checking in and passing through security where you enter an “elevator” that brings you to the ship in space where you will be staying. To get from your ship, in space, to Batu you take another ship on the opposite side of the hotel... I mean ship(port side if my memory serves correct) and enter a bus... I mean shuttle transport via a gangway. All of which is themed to give the illusion of being in space the entire time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom