Sky liner, great idea but ...

KBLovedDisney

I am unfamiliar with this 'reaction score'. What is it?
When you click on your username, it shows you your messages and your reaction score. I am actually not sure if you have to have a higher message posting count or reaction score, but one of them has to be higher in order for you to have access to post something or reply to the political forum.

nickys

Premium Member
When you click on your username, it shows you your messages and your reaction score. I am actually not sure if you have to have a higher message posting count or reaction score, but one of them has to be higher in order for you to have access to post something or reply to the political forum.

You need a minimum of 100 posts to be able to post on the Politics forum.

KBLovedDisney

You need a minimum of 100 posts to be able to post on the Politics forum.

Thank you!

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure of the minimum post restrictions or why there would be any problem with the reaction number either since that is nothing more then "likes". However if you happened to try and post on a thread that has been locked you will get that same response that you are not eligible to post. Actually, no one except the moderators are allowed to do that.

JusticeDisney

I think they look great and add even more character to WDW, just like the monorail. These unique modes of transportation are just another way WDW separates itself from Universal, IMO. I mean, think about it. WDW has managed to create ways of getting from point A to point B that people go nuts over as if they were rides in and of themselves.

Walt Disney1955

When we were there in October they were building them and saying they are ready to go in 2019. I like the idea, other than the obvious cost of things I just wonder why they never did this before. But it surprises me that they did do it. After taking away the Skyway in Magic Kingdom a number of years ago I just as well assumed something like this was a dying breed. Busch Gardens has a skyway, Cedar Point has one, one of the Six Flags where the girl fell out but got caught by a group of people (was it Six Flags Delaware I think?) still has it. By the way, her fault too.

I realize the Gondalas are a little bigger and higher and different altogether than the skyways but it still surprised me they did this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When we were there in October they were building them and saying they are ready to go in 2019. I like the idea, other than the obvious cost of things I just wonder why they never did this before. But it surprises me that they did do it. After taking away the Skyway in Magic Kingdom a number of years ago I just as well assumed something like this was a dying breed. Busch Gardens has a skyway, Cedar Point has one, one of the Six Flags where the girl fell out but got caught by a group of people (was it Six Flags Delaware I think?) still has it. By the way, her fault too.

I realize the Gondalas are a little bigger and higher and different altogether than the skyways but it still surprised me they did this.

They may be a dying breed as rides, but they are becoming very popular as a transportation system. They have been used for decades in ski resorts, but more and more cities are starting to install them for mass transit. Disney would never build one of these as an attraction in park again, but they make a lot of sense for transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom