Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2019

britain

Eh....

Um....

Look, I like Antman and the Wasp. I like the feel they gave this attraction. The story is minimal but better than Buzz.

But... THAT’S it!? Yes I’m disappointed there is no large Yeti-sized Antman animatronic like the concept art clearly showed. Disappointed but not surprised.

I AM surprised not a single target has ANY sort of physical reaction when shot. Not a spin, not a jiggle. Not even the large claws move! It feels really dead in there.

Even though I want to like this more than Buzz... man, what a step down.

Fox&Hound

I watched the video today was surprised how underwhelming it is. I think I actually prefer Buzz, even in its grime, to the boring "let's shrink you down as you shoot lasers inside an....air conditioning unit?!?!?" Ummmmm, am I missing something here? This looks truly uninspired.

Sped2424

SOmething happened to the budget of this ride idk what it was. But we went from this

To whatever the HECK that was in the video I saw. Not a single moving animatronic, not a single moving target. And everything you shoot is beyond BLAND. HOw HOW HOW did this happen? Seriously was this the E team of imagineering?

Timothy_Q

I disagree with that though! Even with a small budget a good Imagineer worth their salt would be able to craft a good experience.
If there's no budget for things to move and for more physical sets, there's nothing the imagineers can do.

Also, you don't know what kind of creative constraints they were under.

A reminder that Mission Breakout and Animal Kingdom were projects led by the same guy.
The end result of a project goes beyond simply "how good" an imagineer is.

Animaniac93-98

The sad thing is that HKDL is losing money and needs a big wow attraction NOW. Not 2-4 years later.

Doing this on a small budget was a bad decision. Now they're hyping HKDL as "Asia's Marvel Hub" and "A Complete Marvel Experience" (because of Iron Man's ride + meet and greet too) despite both together not being as good as what IoA has had since 1999.

Princess Leia

The sad thing is that HKDL is losing money and needs a big wow attraction NOW. Not 2-4 years later.

Doing this on a small budget was a bad decision. Now they're hyping HKDL as "Asia's Marvel Hub" and "A Complete Marvel Experience" (because of Iron Man's ride + meet and greet too) despite both together not being as good as what IoA has had since 1999.
IoA has 2 terrific Marvel rides, and 2... okay rides (no one is ever rushing to ride Doom or Storm). Now, the okay rides are needed to balance out the crowds, just like Ant-Man & Wasp will be in the future. But like you said, something else is needed now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom