Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

draybook

This is your last warning. If you can't discuss this issue without insulting each other, then the thread will be locked.

Exactly why I started putting people on ignore. I'll be the first one to admit that my buttons get pushed easily and I'll let things slip out. Internet anonymity has too many people gassed up. I've already stated my opinion in this matter and it would probably serve us best if I just left this one alone like I did the political thread. My bad, Mom.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hey @marni1971

Any chance for a tribute video?

Emm

Anyone who thinks this will be effective needs to join the other smokers outside the gates. They must be smoking pixie dust to think this won't create numerous rogue smokers all over the park. If you want them to actively search for cigarettes at bag check, plan on it taking atleast 4X as long and it wouldn't still stop people. If your lucky, Disney's new rule will have a true effect by WDW's 60th.

Phil12

Anyone who thinks this will be effective needs to join the other smokers outside the gates. They must be smoking pixie dust to think this won't create numerous rogue smokers all over the park. If you want them to actively search for cigarettes at bag check, plan on it taking atleast 4X as long and it wouldn't still stop people. If your lucky, Disney's new rule will have a true effect by WDW's 60th.
In reality it becomes self policing after awhile. No one thought, years ago, that banning smoking in restaurants would work either. Non-smokers will rat out the smokers and first time offenders will just be asked to stop smoking. Repeat offenders or people who refuse will be trespassed by Disney as they do with other rule breakers. It will work out just fine.

LittleBuford

In reality it becomes self policing after awhile. No one thought, years ago, that banning smoking in restaurants would work either. Non-smokers will rat out the smokers and first time offenders will just be asked to stop smoking. Repeat offenders or people who refuse will be trespassed by Disney as they do with other rule breakers. It will work out just fine.

Exactly. I think we’re losing sight of how much of a sea change there’s already been. It wasn’t that long ago that you could smoke in restaurants, workplaces, and even airplanes. Things are radically different now, and the vast majority of smokers have adapted accordingly. The Disney ban is really a tiny shift in the whole scheme of things, and there’s no reason to think that smokers, after having acquiesced to so many more significant measures, are suddenly going to start rebelling in droves.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Exactly. I think we’re losing sight of how much of a sea change there’s already been. It wasn’t that long ago that you could smoke in restaurants, workplaces, and even airplanes. Things are radically different now, and the vast majority of smokers have adapted accordingly. The Disney ban is really a tiny shift in the whole scheme of things, and there’s no reason to think that smokers, after having acquiesced to so many more significant measures, are suddenly going to start rebelling in droves.
We all knew it was coming. Doesn’t mean we have to like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom