Favorite Room/Resort Feature

TongaToast21

Original Poster
In any resort (DVC or non) what are your favorite in-room and general resort features?

Mine would (currently) be the Poly DVC studio double bathrooms with the overhead shower

Resort feature- the Tiki torches lit at night piped in with the Hawaiian music on the paths along Seven Seas lagoon and between longhouses.

Bartledvd

Room feature: Separate kitchen/living/dining room from the master room in our 2 bed OKW villa this means we can have private time and the kids are really far away from us in their own room.

Resort feature: quiet pools and spas every resort we have stayed at almost no one uses them we often go each night for an hour before bed just to relax and rest our feet.

We go for 14 nights at a time and maybe will see others using the pool maybe twice each trip i can only guess they are all watching the night time shows.

mmnw

Contemporary - Being able to watch the fireworks from your bed or areas in the resort. Kids are either tired and watching from bed or we are showered and watching from areas in the hotel. I don’t love crowds. Been in a few sticky situations. And yes, we do watch fireworks at MK as well. Being able to walk to/from MK. Minnie Mouse sightings from Chef Mickeys on days we don’t have a reservation. Having monorail so close and in your resort. Spending some time on a balcony enjoying warm air. Being able to relax. Watching electric water parade or even just hearing the music.

zurgandfriend

Room features = the contemporary bathrooms, 2 sinks, private toliet, bow!ed out shower curtain (which I have in my house). Resort feature = being on the monorail and walking to the magic kingdom.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In any resort (DVC or non) what are your favorite in-room and general resort features?

Mine would (currently) be the Poly DVC studio double bathrooms with the overhead shower

Resort feature- the Tiki torches lit at night piped in with the Hawaiian music on the paths along Seven Seas lagoon and between longhouses.

That shower is amazing. The newer DVC resorts now have a similar shower.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Room features: kitchen in 1 bedroom & up DVC resorts, that ginormous shower in GF Villas, soaker tubs in both GF Villas & Copper Creek, walk in closet
Resort features: Savanna view at AKL, views of Bay Lake at WL, walkway along Sassagoula River at SS, the skillets at Whispering Canyons.

DISR

I was thinking of all the cool and unique features across the Disney resorts, and then I saw the in-room laundry idea. I just can't top that. When you sweat through three outfits a day in the Florida summer, in-room laundry capability is awesome....and you get to pack in a very small suitcase.

stratman50th

Ha! We stay in our own coach at Ft. Wilderness now. After many years of going and staying at a lot of different on property resorts over that time, for us you just can't beat going back to your own home after a long day. Plus you can visit any of the other resorts if you need a fix. I know you can't try out one of the rooms but traveling around the property isn't bad at all.

DisneyJill

yacht club rooms: 12 usb ports throughout the room, raised beds, tons of storage in cabinet/closets, sliding door blocking off sinks. when the reno was done 2 years ago, it was done really smartly.

resort features: being able to walk to parks (epcot [and some might say dhs if you're ambitious and don't mind the blistering florida sun 😎] from Y&B, boardwalk & swolphin, MK from contemporary)

Nottamus

12 usb ports throughout the room

Definitely the charge ports! Makes life that much easier. Loved the walk in shower in a Kidani 1 bedroom.

Best resort feature...is the total theme at AKL Jambo. From the smells to the looks to the MUSIC...just takes you away. We just got back 3 weeks ago and ready to go back already...

eliza61nyc

resort room feature: the huge bathrooms in the villas. I pack like I'm on cleopatra's barge, I've got more crap for the bathroom sink. it's wonderful having a bathroom sink and mirror in the shower area and a separate sink/mirror area in the tub area
20170519_064829.jpg
20170519_064842.jpg

Best resort feature: Beach club and beach club villas. location, location, location. lol so many amenities easily accessible

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Room feature: That "Resort TV" station they play on the loop, that tells you about the opening times, weather and any special events. There's just something really soothing and joyful about it.

Resort feature, general: The background music loops. For me, these do so much to establish the atmosphere of the resort. I find myself often pulling the reconstructed music loops up on Youtube and making them the background music in my house.

Resort feature, specific: The boat transportation to and from the Magic Kingdom. Its an exciting way to being your day, and a soothing way to end it. Especially with the crush of crowds attempting to leave via the monorail and parking lot ferries, the Wilderness Lodge boat almost feels like your own semi-private charter.

LAKid53

Premium Member
resort room feature: the huge bathrooms in the villas. I pack like I'm on cleopatra's barge, I've got more crap for the bathroom sink. it's wonderful having a bathroom sink and mirror in the shower area and a separate sink/mirror area in the tub area
View attachment 368282View attachment 368283

Best resort feature: Beach club and beach club villas. location, location, location. lol so many amenities easily accessible

That tub at GF Villas is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom