Disney making Dumbo Remake

khlaylav

Saw a trailer before Captain Marvel and it looked... better than I'd expected, is what I'll say. Seeing Dumbo fly was pretty cool, and Danny DeVito is Danny DeVito. Still not sure if I'll see it in theaters but I feel a bit better about than I did.

Tony Perkis

I’ll never see this film.

Not because it looks bad. It actually looks decently solid. I haven’t had tht reaction to a Tim Burton film since Big Fish, which is still the under appreciated masterpiece in his filmography.

I will absolutely lose it when mom and son are separated, which to me is the cheapest form of emotional manipulation I can imagine. And the reason I won’t see it because it works.

If I have to ever imagine where my pet GCC is forcefully taken from me, I’d be in pure hell.

seascape

I’ll never see this film.

Not because it looks bad. It actually looks decently solid. I haven’t had tht reaction to a Tim Burton film since Big Fish, which is still the under appreciated masterpiece in his filmography.

I will absolutely lose it when mom and son are separated, which to me is the cheapest form of emotional manipulation I can imagine. And the reason I won’t see it because it works.

If I have to ever imagine where my pet GCC is forcefully taken from me, I’d be in pure hell.
The first half of the movie is the original and then we all get to see Dumbo grow up and what happens. From everything I hear it will be great. I can't wait to see it. There are so many movies coming out this year I joined AMCs membership.

SteamboatJoe

I don't like these live action cash grabs......but this one actually looks half-way decent. Not being a shot-for-shot remake and designing the film for an older audience (in a non-pandering manner) would help a lot. I just hope it's not too Tim Burton-y.

Tony Perkis

The first half of the movie is the original and then we all get to see Dumbo grow up and what happens. From everything I hear it will be great. I can't wait to see it. There are so many movies coming out this year I joined AMCs membership.

Alamo Drafthouse is where it’s at.

BuddyThomas

Shocker. A Tim Burton film in the 2010s that’s visually appealing and otherwise empty. I can’t think of a single other Tim Burton film that fits that criteria except all of them.
I agree he has had more misses than hits, but I loved Edward Scissorhards and Mars Attacks. Beetlejuice was fun, and Ed Wood had its charms, but basically, I'm surprised that from his whole list of films, there are only two that I really love.

mf1972

i’m in the same boat with tim burton. i like his movies, but some of his recent ones are mediocre & not memorable at best. just my opinion.

Tony Perkis

I agree he has had more misses than hits, but I loved Edward Scissorhards and Mars Attacks. Beetlejuice was fun, and Ed Wood had its charms, but basically, I'm surprised that from his whole list of films, there are only two that I really love.
I love his work, and I particularly think Big Fish is an under appreciated masterpiece.

Mars Attacks, Ed Wood, Beetlejuice, Pee Wee, Edward Scissorhands, Batman 1 & 2 are great.

But he hasn’t made a good film since Sweeney Todd, with Alice in Wonderland being particularly unwatchable.

BuddyThomas

I love his work, and I particularly think Big Fish is an under appreciated masterpiece.

Mars Attacks, Ed Wood, Beetlejuice, Pee Wee, Edward Scissorhands, Batman 1 & 2 are great.

But he hasn’t made a good film since Sweeney Todd, with Alice in Wonderland being particularly unwatchable.
How could I forget Pee Wee and Sweeney? Those were both awesome as well. And yeah, that Alice in Wonderland was awful.

mf1972

i thought the alice sequel was a lot worse. 100% agree with tony perkis. sweeney todd was the last good movie burton made. he’s due for a comeback.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Dumbo remake panned by critics"

"Shocking!!!" - No one.

Never been a fan of Burton's movies. Batman was about it for me as far as liking anything he did.

Stripes

Saw it tonight at the theater. Maybe I went in with low expectations, but it was certainly better than I thought it would be. The beginning is a bit rough, but once things were established it was honestly pretty good. It's not a knock-your-socks-off film, but it's definitely not an Alice 2-style flop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom