News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Grimley1968

I wonder if those passing trough Riviera would have their gondola open up automatically like an empty one?

If it did, then a gondola with, say, two people, can be filled up with more.

Was just about to post something similar. I can't imagine WDW would try to fill up already occupied gondolas with more people, and would bet they'd send out empty gondolas every xth one from EPCOT and CBR as previously mentioned, but I am curious as to how long the doors would remain open for people passing through.

At the very least, I'd imagine this station will feature a longer spiel than other stations.

Grimley1968

Why not? A bus or ferry that makes multiple stops picks up more passengers.

For bus/boat passengers, they don't know when there will be another bus or boat, so it makes sense for them to get onto the next conveyance even if it means a SRO ride. For the gondola system, if there's known to be an empty gondola just seconds away, it makes sense for them to wait those few seconds and have a seated ride with fewer or no strangers with them, if WDW is using that approach. I realize this might not be workable during peak times or at possibly DHS when SWL opens for a while, but Riviera should be a more lightly populated station even when the resort opens.

Edit: sorry about the DHS example. They should never need to send out empty gondolas because there is no way station between it and the required exit at CBR.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The thoughts of my adult DD. If she was an imagineer this is what the Gondolas would look like at night.

The Lights above the guests. That would look charming especially behind the World Showcase.

mm121

You can stay on at Riviera. You don't have to get off and back on.
Is the wire two separate loops on the two ends of the DRR station? One from epcot and one from CB.

If so they could have designed the station with an overflow track for extra cabins, similar to how the handicap cabins will be handled where they drop off the main line.

Kamikaze

Is the wire two separate loops on the two ends of the DRR station? One from epcot and one from CB.

If so they could have designed the station with an overflow track for extra cabins, similar to how the handicap cabins will be handled where they drop off the main line.

Its one cable.

And no, they didn't add the extra load station(s) at Riviera.

nace888

I'd imagine they would allow these to keep running during the rain? My concern would be whether or not the vents are actually designed to avoid allowing the rain in. Another concern of mine would be how slick it would get once guests are walking in from the wet ground.

lazyboy97o

I'd imagine they would allow these to keep running during the rain? My concern would be whether or not the vents are actually designed to avoid allowing the rain in. Another concern of mine would be how slick it would get once guests are walking in from the wet ground.
This is not the first system in a rainy environment.

Disney has slip standards for walking surfaces.

lazyboy97o

I know Disney can handle wet surfaces, but my thing was more related to the type of services inside the cabins, and whether or not the vents are designed to avoid the rain.
Disney will not buy products that do not meet their safety standards, meaning the floor of the cabins had to pass their slip tests. The vents are used in plenty of locations without problematic rain infiltration, so yes they are designed to keep rain out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom