News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not sure if that is the purpose of those, and I wonder if they are even permanent. If they were trying to get air through the cabins I think there would be more effective locations for the fans.
Hey, you've got to admit it's better than having the Reedy Creek Fire Department on hand at every station hosing down the cabins so they don't burst into flames...

jt04

I'm reminded of Batman's troubles while hanging over a body of water.

giphygif.gif

Remember to pack a can of Gator Repellent spray, folks! 😆

latest

If Disney had any sense, they'd have cans for sale at the stations! 🤣

Maybe they can add depth charges to the gondolas.

ToTBellHop

That's because at 11,942 feet, boiling occurs at 192° F... as you can see, the average temperature rarely gets above 65°.

Also, the natural lack of oxygen at that altitude drastically cuts down on spontaneous rider combustion.
Back on topic, Bolivians will not be allowed on the Skyliner for much of the year. Their boiling point is below the ambient temperature in the Hot Box of Death from April 7 to November 22. Nepalese will never be allowed.

joelkfla

Not sure if that is the purpose of those, and I wonder if they are even permanent. If they were trying to get air through the cabins I think there would be more effective locations for the fans.
There's a vent window on the side of the cabin opposite the doors. The fans seem to be at the same level, so they might be effective at flushing stale air out the end vents.

nbdysreal

Maybe the fans are temporary because the vents are temporarily covered and they are indeed getting very hot.
I'm leaning towards what others were suggesting about slow moving/leaving gondolas. It makes sense it's be for flow once the wraps are off. They are situated at where cabins will be full, closed, slow moving. The doors will open on entry fairly early meaning they don't need fans there. Maybe lift experts have some input that I'm not thinking about.

ToTBellHop

I so cannot wait until this opens and people aren’t actually burning alive in the cabins, or are not uncomfortably warm, and actually stay connected to the cables, and are actually a great mode of travel as opposed to busses.
Does anyone actually believe people will be cooked alive? It’s a joke. Plenty of rides subject guests to 95 degrees in the summer. Hell, half the time the monorails have broken a/c and we survive. Though we continue sweating and smelling...these cabins should take on that lovely monorail stench by mid-October.

nbdysreal

Does anyone actually believe people will be cooked alive? It’s a joke. Plenty of rides subject guests to 95 degrees in the summer. Hell, half the time the monorails have broken a/c and we survive. Though we continue sweating and smelling...these cabins should take on that lovely monorail stench by mid-October.
TBH, I died twice looking at the wrapped gondolas. I'm concerned.

DisDadWoz

Not sure if this has been asked (I've been trying to follow as much as possible) but will guests have to exit at each stop? For example if someone wants to just "ride" the gondola will they need to depart at a destination such as EPCOT or will they be allowed to stay on and circle back to where they started? I'm guessing they could stay on like the do with the monorails but could that become an issue if its crowded?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom