So I kind of miss the Diamond Celebration already

Kramerica

Original Poster
I know it just ended, but I've been watching some older Disneyland content on Youtube and it makes me realize how terribly bad I miss the Diamond Celebration already. Am I totally alone in this? I know a lot of us like to goof on Disney a lot of the time, but was the Diamond Celebration years really all that bad? Thinking back on it, it was a pretty exciting time to be a Disney fan.

I loved the look of the park. Some people maybe thought it was gotti but the castle's lights were awesome. The Disneyland forever fireworks had blown be away beyond anything I'd seen at WDW. There were new rumors every day about the yet to be announced Star Wars land. New events all the time. I could go on, but it seems like a ton of fun looking back.

The dust has since settled, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the 60th celebration as a whole.

TwilightZone

I miss the 60th. It was an awesome time to be a Disney fan, and it was a huge milestone for the first Disney park. I remember the excitement and optimism in 2015 when all the improvements were happening, as well as when the decorations went up. The nighttime entertainment was really good too, and I'm disappointed that it's been replaced with shows that don't have the same "wow" factor, IMO. DCA even got some love, with Grizzly Peak Airfield, and pretty much everybody thought that the park was becoming something spectacular. Sadly that didn't last long, because 2016 is when everything took a turn for the worse, with the announcement of Mission: Cashout. Plus 2016 brought the closure of Big Thunder Ranch and the Star Wars construction. I was pretty much over the Diamond Celebration due to these reasons the day the park turned 61, but looking back it was truly a once in a lifetime celebration.

I'm hoping that WDW's 50th will be just as special, but I have a feeling that it won't be as exciting.
Hey 2016 wasn't too bad. A lot of people like breakout, plus star wars land looks amazing. I prefer it over a petting zoo any day.

Plus that's the year I joined after my excitement of riding the Tower of Terror for the first and last time. But I'm looking forward to breakout still, it seems fun!

I'm getting tangenty now. : P

VJ

I know it just ended, but I've been watching some older Disneyland content on Youtube and it makes me realize how terribly bad I miss the Diamond Celebration already. Am I totally alone in this? I know a lot of us like to goof on Disney a lot of the time, but was the Diamond Celebration years really all that bad? Thinking back on it, it was a pretty exciting time to be a Disney fan.
if you thought that was exciting, you should have been around during the 50th in 2005 ;) geez, nearly 15 years ago.. i honestly think that the golden age (no pun intended) for disneyland of the 2000s was the 50th, so much activity, and magic, and love poured into every square inch of the park

Kramerica

Original Poster
if you thought that was exciting, you should have been around during the 50th in 2005 ;) geez, nearly 15 years ago.. i honestly think that the golden age (no pun intended) for disneyland of the 2000s was the 50th, so much activity, and magic, and love poured into every square inch of the park
I’d love to hear some more about the 50th if you wanna share. At that point in life I wasn’t going to Disneyland at all, so I have no memories of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom