Ideas for a third Disneyland park.

SteamboatJoe

Marvel's New York would be the obvious choice. Stark Tower would be the icon. There'd be a section for 40s Brooklyn (Captain America), the New York Sanctum, the Daily Bugle, the Baxter Building, Xavier's Institute, a "floating" SHIELD station, and "portals" to Wakanda, Asgard, and Knowhere.

SteamboatJoe

Disneyland is themed to Americana, DCA is themed to a state in the US, a third park must continue the American centered theming. Disney's America is, then, an option but I find it to be rather dull and uninspired as it is already an unused concept. A park themed, however, to both American continents allows for more potential and creativity. It also, if done properly, can mimic Disneyland's lands in the same way DCA and DisneySea attempt to. There can be a 1960's New York land full of Marvel characters (a Tomorrowland equivalent), deep jungles of the Amazon (Adventureland), American west, Canadian frontier, and Mexico (the Frontierlands), etc. Using this concept as a theme also gives way to unused concepts from Westcot and Disney Sea Long Beach.

Since WDW has a park that with a romanticized version of Hollywood, DL needs a park with a romanticized version of Florida. ;)

SteamboatJoe

Romanticized Florida is just Walt Disney World.

I dunno, I think a 1930s Ocean Drive (South Beach), Castillo de San Marcos, Ponce de Leon Hotel, Cypress Gardens, Key West, Kennedy Space Center, and Daytona could make for an interesting park, but I do see where you are coming from.

If Disney was to do an Americana park, I'd rather see them do it in the Northeast or Midwest. They'd figure out how to deal with ice/snow (possibly capitalizing on it by reviving the Mineral King concept). People in that part of the country, including me, are hardy folk. The cold wouldn't stop them from going somewhere if it is really worth going to. Despite often very cold temperatures, Cedar Fair's Winterfests do well as do the various nighttime Christmas light displays put on by various zoos.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

A villains park sounds fun at first... and then not. Villains are fun when they give a hero something significant to vanquish. That's their role in entertainment. An entire park dedicated to evil would be depressing, shallow and not a great comment on society as a whole. Besides, the world already has Las Vegas. Disney parks should celebrate courage, creativity, etc. The villains are there to make stories work. Even something like Haunted Mansion works at DL because it's playful and--in its own way--comforting.

On a larger note, I wouldn't be suprised if Disney never opens another stateside park, for many reasons.

Agreed. A villain's land might make sense but it's not a good concept for an entire park.

SteamboatJoe

LMAO.

Not gonna lie, I can’t think of many things when Florida comes to mind, however that most likely stems from me never visiting.
I am not from there. Just have visited many times over the years; not just for Disney. Yes, the theme and amusement parks are a big component of the state and the Florida Man jokes exist for a reason, but it's definitely got plenty of things to see and lots of history.

Phroobar

Since WDW has a park that with a romanticized version of Hollywood, DL needs a park with a romanticized version of Florida. ;)
Bayou land - watch croc show and dodge free roaming crocs. Swamp Thing ride from Fox. Hurricane survival simulator.
Spring break land - cast members run around in bikinis chugging beer.
Cubaland - see what is like to live under Castro. Swim to the States.
Corporateland - a big soulless version of Disneyland.
NASCAR race track.

Robbiem

I’d love to see a Disneysea type park based on myths and legends:

Old Japanese themes entrance land with hotel like the miracosta themed to Japan and a castle as park icon.

Ancient greek area - greek myths

Arabia- sinbad and the Arabian nights tales

Scandinavia- norse sagas

Lost city - ancient African or indian jungle area

Wonderland- Alice themed area similr to mermaid lagoon at TDS

Marvel area - comic book legend area themed to new york city

VJ

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge promises immersion and storytelling the likes of which have never been seen before. That level of interactive LARP elements combined with fully themed merchandise and shops is a stark contrast to the rest of the park.

That's my idea for a third gate- Galaxy's Edge on a much larger scale, make it a full day experience with a variety of attractions and interactive elements.
w e s t w o r l d

DanielBB8

I don't get why some are suggesting the "Third Park" should be IP Land when DCA is perfectly suitable to be IP Land. The east side of DCA is the weakest with Hollywood Pictures Backlot and this is also true of the east side of Disneyland with Tomorrowland. Disneyland's theming structure broken down when they decided to put Star Wars Land in the north section. That's not to say the theming structure can't remain intact in the other parts of Disneyland. DCA's theming gotten better, but concepts changed after Pixar Pier and the future Superheroes Land.

I don't expect a third park. The idea that Disney has any idea of how to advance a theme and stick to it should not be encouraging. A third theme park will only divert resources from making Disneyland and DCA better and they are already short of funds to fix Tomorrowland and justify the addition of a 4th Hotel Resort. WDW doesn't need a 5th park either. Even with the additions, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and DHS are still lacking in enough attractions to last an entire day. You certainly will spend many precious hours waiting in line as if this counts to make the parks worthwhile.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Chapek's greatest accomplishments will forever be Pixar Pier and Mission Cheapout. It would make sense that all future development is strictly cheap, advertisement-based IP.

socalifornian

Apparently USH sent out an interesting survey recently. People over at Inside Universal are saying it insinuates either large scale expansion of the park, or possibly park 2. To make it sound less crazy, they brought up the fact that years ago Universal released a master plan that slated home development on the eastern side of their property thats since been scrapped. It’s about 100 acres.

If USH actually makes a large scale power move leading up to LAs 2028 Olympics (hosted by NBC on top of that as usual), maybe that’s the push DLR needs for a park 3. Or at least a Tomorrowland refresh

Mac Tonight

I don't get why some are suggesting the "Third Park" should be IP Land when DCA is perfectly suitable to be IP Land. The east side of DCA is the weakest with Hollywood Pictures Backlot and this is also true of the east side of Disneyland with Tomorrowland. Disneyland's theming structure broken down when they decided to put Star Wars Land in the north section. That's not to say the theming structure can't remain intact in the other parts of Disneyland. DCA's theming gotten better, but concepts changed after Pixar Pier and the future Superheroes Land.

I don't expect a third park. The idea that Disney has any idea of how to advance a theme and stick to it should not be encouraging. A third theme park will only divert resources from making Disneyland and DCA better and they are already short of funds to fix Tomorrowland and justify the addition of a 4th Hotel Resort. WDW doesn't need a 5th park either. Even with the additions, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and DHS are still lacking in enough attractions to last an entire day. You certainly will spend many precious hours waiting in line as if this counts to make the parks worthwhile.
Yikes. Who peed in your cornflakes??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom