Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Ismael Flores

I think that could really bring Toontown to life but what would that building look like from the Small World Corrdidor? I’d imagine it would have to be pretty tall so effectively pull off the illusion.

Did they pull it off with Mermaid land at TDS? Or does it feel stuffy?

I would think that they would just have to make it a few feet higher than the last fake hill and maybe hidden from view from IASW by extending the IASW facade a bit.

Bongocrab88

Curious how this would impact the overall theming of ToonTown. Would the existing houses be updated with the new character design? Or would the two different variations live within a few hundred feet of each other? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to include both but it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

mickEblu

Curious how this would impact the overall theming of ToonTown. Would the existing houses be updated with the new character design? Or would the two different variations live within a few hundred feet of each other? It wouldn't be much of a stretch to include both but it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

I doubt they ll update Toontown to match the art design of the Mickey shorts/ MMRR. It’s much easier to match the theatre facade with existing Toontown and then showcase the art design of the Mickey shorts inside the attraction. I think the land will get some love a fresh coat of paint and maybe get some old interactive elements working again.

Nland316

Yesterday, March 18, was the date that was given on the rumor that backstage facilities behind Toontown would be closing for “future expansion”. Does anybody know if that for sure happened? If so, I wonder how soon til we see some kind of movement..

mickEblu

Yesterday, March 18, was the date that was given on the rumor that backstage facilities behind Toontown would be closing for “future expansion”. Does anybody know if that for sure happened? If so, I wonder how soon til we see some kind of movement..

I can confirm

Nor deny

Bongocrab88

I would guess we wouldn't see anything significant until SWGE opens and operations gets a rough idea of the crowd impact around the park. If they determine the loss in capacity wouldn't be significant, they would close ToonTown and start building and touching up the surrounding area.

mickEblu

I would guess we wouldn't see anything significant until SWGE opens and operations gets a rough idea of the crowd impact around the park. If they determine the loss in capacity wouldn't be significant, they would close ToonTown and start building and touching up the surrounding area.

I don’t think any of Toontown needs to close due to building MMRR except the Five n Dime store.

mickEblu

Not unless the whole land is getting a makeover, which I hope it does. But even then I would expect it to be done in phases, like phase one the west side and phase two the east side (at which time Roger's would be a complete overhaul).

Yeah I just don’t see them spending the money to do that. Not sure they can make that make cents on a spreadsheet.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah I just don’t see them spending the money to do that. Not sure they can make that make cents on a spreadsheet.

I guess it depends on if they want to fix a lot of the overall maintenance issues with TT. I mean they got to be able to find a way to make sure the paint doesn't fade a month after painting.

NateD1226

I don't know. But if it did happen, I am glad I got to walk around back there before a ride takes it place.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, especially when people jump in and start talking about Orlando's Magic Kingdom, or Galaxy's Edge in DHS, or really anything about WDW without tying it back to Disneyland.
And this happens almost every day.

Maybe the next time @GiveMeTheMusic shows up, they can add "...in Disneyland" to the title or a "DL:... prefix." There's two threads with the same title and when you look up new posts, the threads aren't sorted by section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom