Upcoming Changes to Test Track?

MaximumEd

If you really want to stick with Epcot's theme there should be a space attraction. Right now is a new heyday for space exploration. There is more stuff in the pipeline right now then there has ever been. I'm talking in the next couple of years, not decades from now. Both on commercial and government levels. The commercial stuff is more exciting because the commercial guys are trying to make all the space stuff pay for its self. The commercial people can get things done in a hurry when they figure out how to make money on something. Also why communism will never work.

The thing there is Disney would have to foot the bill for the attraction since the companies involved are all using every dollar to try and make their plans work. They don't have any extra money for a monument to themselves or an expensive commercial.

I’m a lifelong space geek and would love to see more space in Epcot, but does Mission : Space not count?

Lensman

Unpopular opinion: the car design pre-show becomes tedious after the first few times. I actually find it boring now that I've done it so many times!
I read a trip report by @wdisney9000 about his method of making it more interesting by designing impractical and imaginative vehicles with no thought to optimizing performance. It sounded more fun so I was going to try it out next time I went.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I could see how Cars would work. Especially tying into Cars 3 (Which should have been the actual Cars 2) where they are testing those brand new technologies on racing cars and such. Imagine if that long track was used as a racing track! Expanded on width to make it able for two cars to race. Just like Disneyland's version, but more focused on the technological innovations of cars. That'd be LIT. And honestly, just as fitting as it is now, but with IPs.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I read a trip report by @wdisney9000 about his method of making it more interesting by designing impractical and imaginative vehicles with no thought to optimizing performance. It sounded more fun so I was going to try it out next time I went.
It is very fun! We try different concepts such as the smallest car we can build or the largest, or the ugliest, the slowest, etc.... And as a bonus, you can often overhear people walk by your design and laugh and make random comments.

montyz81

I'm not sure why, in addition to designing your own car, you do not have the characters from Cars to race against. This is a nice way of putting IP into an attraction while keeping the original charter that Epcot Center started out with. I still maintain, that old Epcot Center and the new direction of Epcot can both be achieved. Learning and having a blast at the same time....with that concept the possibilities are endless. People will in fact just begin to dream!!!

SirWillow

My issue with TT 2.0 is that they can take everything that's actually good about it (designing your own car) and put it in the post show area after the ride and it would work just as well there. In fact maybe even better, and would be a ton of fun. Shoot, maybe even find a way for people to take home a souvenir photo or some sort of recreation of it. But the truth is that part of the ride- creating your own car- has almost nothing to do with what is actually happening on the ride itself. And because of it's insertion, there is now almost no rhyme, reason or logic behind anything that your vehicle does actually do on the ride.

Whereas TT 1.0 made complete sense, had a real story line, and you could feel and sense what it was actually like to test a vehicle.

and yes, the crash test and doors, and the brake tests, were far far better in the original than the waste of space that both are now.

After this last trip, my whole family has now experienced the new version, and we're all pretty much agreed that it won't bother us if we skip it and not doing again. we never would have said that in the past.

AJDMB05

I've said this on Reddit more times than I can count, but I really wish Tesla would make a push for this ride when GM/Chevrolet's contract is up. Get them out and put the focus on EVs and renewable energy, along with new modes of transportation. I could honestly see that being a return to vintage EPCOT where you learn a little something and also get a really thrilling concept. Take us through the history of the car in a brief nod to WoM, get into the present and future, then hit the Ludicrous Speed button and fly around the WoM building in a new Tesla.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom