Clones of Rides That Change The Ride System

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
I recently found out that Minion Madness at USJ uses the BTTF ride system instead of the ride system at USH and USO. Another cloned ride that changes the ride system is TOT at DCA, which is why the fifth dimension scene was cut. What other clones of rides either slightly change the ride system or use a radically different ride system?

TwilightZone

Does Harry Potter and journey into imagination both having a turntable count? My mind was blown when I found that out.
EDIT: also same ride system as sum of all thrills but with more movement.

Last edited:

oo_nrb

The Storybook Land Canal Boats in Disneyland are piloted by Cast Members, who give live narration and control the speed. At Parc Disneyland in Paris, they are an omnimover-type attraction with pre-recorded narration.

Similarly, Casey Jr. Circus Train in Disneyland is a Cast Member-driven vehicle, with gentle slopes and flat turns. In Paris, Casey Jr. Le Petit Train Du Cirque is a roller coaster-esque attraction, with higher speeds and banked turns.

BrianLo

I recently found out that Minion Madness at USJ uses the BTTF ride system instead of the ride system at USH and USO. Another cloned ride that changes the ride system is TOT at DCA, which is why the fifth dimension scene was cut. What other clones of rides either slightly change the ride system or use a radically different ride system?

Frozen Ever After at Epcot versus Hong Kong sounds like it might fit your criteria. The show scenes sound all the same, but they are going to go after the bigger Shanghai Pirates boats.

I agree with other posters that a lot of rides listed aren't really "clones".

180º

How about two things that have almost the same name AND the same ride system, except they look completely different and only one of them is an operating ride, and there’s an actual clone of the former next to the latter except the actual clone doesn’t share the same name?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom