News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

flynnibus

Premium Member
That just sounds lame and unnatural, I hope that's not what they decided.

It’s not going to be some free flight simulator. Imagine waiting two hours to ride and some 8yr old is the pilot and just does horrible things the entire ride. They won’t let the ride design fail to deliver consistent, good experiences due to something like that.

Guests will interact and provide input... not really drive.

JD2000

The interactivity of Smuggler’s Run is going to be simplistic, meaningless, and boring; adding nothing to the experience, other than destraction. Mark these words!

SSG

I probably laughed at this harder than I should have:

@hastin
Everyone: I don't think you understand the size of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - so I created this size mapping overlay so you get an idea of how big it is compared to your favorite retail stores!

Last edited:

Phroobar

I miss KB Toys.
Didn't Software Etc. morph into Game Stop?
Radio Shack and Sam Goody are both dead.
Sears Appliance Outlet is mostly dead.
Someone really likes Halloween Spirit!!!

ThistleMae

I was talking to my daughter and grand kids yesterday and asked how long they would wait in line to experience the ride. My granddaughters boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan. They said they are dedicating one day for just that ride. I asked if they would wait 5 hours, and they said yes. We wondered if we could figure out a way to play Yahtzee while waiting.

PB Watermelon

I was talking to my daughter and grand kids yesterday and asked how long they would wait in line to experience the ride. My granddaughters boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan. They said they are dedicating one day for just that ride. I asked if they would wait 5 hours, and they said yes. We wondered if we could figure out a way to play Yahtzee while waiting.

Mobile Yahtzee App?

drod1985

This is one of the cool things about the Play Disney Parks app: there will hopefully be a decent amount of tasks and such throughout the queues to keep you occupied.

If Disney isn't selling Galaxy's Edge themed phone battery packs then they're missing a huge opportunity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Monopoly or Risk would be a better choice!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This sounds awful. If you are controlling the vertical movement of the ship to avoid obstacles or do some other task, how are you supposed to coordinate this if you don't know what the person controlling horizontal movement is going to do?

Um, its called team work. I know its a foreign concept in today's world, but you'll have to actually communicate and do it effectively to be successful. Working together for a common goal, its called cooperative play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom