The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5 - ENDGAME

spacemt354

Chili's
Yen Sid's Lifetime Achievement Award
For representing what Sorcerer's Apprentice is all about over an extensive career, both as a player as a host.

Winner - @spacemt354

enhance

In addition to the praise we already heaped onto Space - organizing and finalizing projects - we believe Space best represents what the Sorcerer's Apprentice is all about. Space has been a supportive presence throughout the season, encouraging innovation and creative brainstorming. Space's phenomenal past work hosting Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4 continues to inspire our efforts, and will impact the SAU for years to come. Space was directly helpful to us, your villainous hosts, giving us tips & advice, advising our all-star cast line-up, and more. Space, we can't wait to see you evolve into Doctor Spacemt354!

heart%2Bsoars.jpg

James G.

Best Screenplay
Best brainstorming “pitches” throughout the regular season.

Winner - @James G.

enhance

2nd place - @Pi on my Cake
3rd place - @Outbound

James G. is a newcomer to this competition, but boy has he made his mark in the brainstorming phase. Many of the great projects from Team Warriors have begun with his elevator pitches. From Exposition Downs to Tokugawa Village to Rainier Ridge to Phantasm, James G. is the single most influential individual in the early stages of each round. He has also united many projects under a unique backstory, which is best evident in Stanza V's brilliant "A Deal with a Dog." Truly, there is no other choice for this award.

I'm...speechless. I don't know what to say. I guess that means I'll have to write a book about this amazing experience! Thank you!

Disney Dad 3000

A little something to tide you over...

While Gaston's Bar Brawl has offered an opportunity for smaller projects & quick-thinking, sometimes those challenges can be too niche or outside of someone's comfort zone. To compensate, we present an additional, optional challenge on the cusp of Act III.

enhance

enhance

OPTIONAL SOLO CHALLENGE
FRIENDS ON THE OTHER RIDE

Who is your favorite Disney villain?

Design an attraction for that villain!

• This attraction doesn’t have to be for a specific location. It is entirely Blue Sky.​
  • This challenge is optional. You don’t have to complete this to move forward. (Though at the end of Stanza XIII there is a pinch point, and players’ passion here might serve as a “tie breaker” if needed.)

• This challenge is solo. It will consist entirely of your own work. (With that in mind, we don’t expect the same skill sets from each player. If you’re a talented writer but a poor map maker, use your writing to your advantage.)

To repeat this is an optional bonus challenge and you don’t HAVE to do it! It’s here for players who would enjoy doing this. What do you feel like creating? Follow that muse!​

This optional challenge is due at the same time as Stanza XII

Good fortune to everyone as we transition into Act III!​

Just wanted sure of due date for this if we are so partaking and still in the game. Looks like Stanza XII was going to end on the 24th but think we maybe a day or two behind that now? Asking for a friend. :)

D Hulk

Original Poster
Just wanted sure of due date for this if we are so partaking and still in the game. Looks like Stanza XII was going to end on the 24th but think we maybe a day or two behind that now? Asking for a friend. :)
Let your friend know that we’re accelerating Stanza XII so that it (and the optional Facilier challenge) are still due on the 24th. Some players have hard & fast mid-April plans and we’d like to conclude before those.

Everybody has submitted already for Stanza XI. Your villainous cohosts are still debating the results. If everyone would like to start Stanza XII sooner than midnight EST tonight, let us know.

PerGron

Let your friend know that we’re accelerating Stanza XII so that it (and the optional Facilier challenge) are still due on the 24th. Some players have hard & fast mid-April plans and we’d like to conclude before those.

Everybody has submitted already for Stanza XI. Your villainous cohosts are still debating the results. If everyone would like to start Stanza XII sooner than midnight EST tonight, let us know.

Any chance to get rolling earlier I’ll take

Evilgidgit

Why did I get the impression that this needed to be done today? Oh, well!

Friends On the Other Ride Bonus Stanza
The Flying Dutchman

latest

The Flying Dutchman - the Vessel of Lost Souls, the Plague Ship, the Hearse of the Depths, the Scourge of the Seven Seas, the flagship of Davy Jones and his monstrous crew - has mysteriously sailed into port, welcoming any daring soul to step onboard and explore the decks and depths of this ghostly ship. The Flying Dutchman is a fully explorable and immersive walkthrough/interactive play area, with a little bit of spooky side to it. No one knows why Davy Jones has brought his accursed ship out from the waters, but guests may now venture into the bowels of the ship and uncover its secrets and surprises. The attraction would be wheelchair/mobility scooter friendly, utilising ramps instead of steps, even in the lower decks, allowing all guests to enjoy the experience.

The ship is made up of four levels, the hull, lower deck, gun deck, and the quarter/poop deck at the back. With its tattered sails, crocodile jaw of a bow, skeletal figurehead, and the screaming faces "carved" into the sides of the ship, the Flying Dutchman isn't the most appealing of ships, but it still entices you to come aboard. It is more like walking across a living plant or something that formed from the seabed than a ship of timber and sails. Guests board the ship via the open gun deck, and have the options of going down or up. The captain's cabin is down in the lower deck, whilst a small navigational room can be visited at the back of the deck.

There are plenty of interactive spots on the ship, many of which hide surprises. The gun deck is lined with cannons, and everything is covered in seaweed and aquatic flora. In the middle of the deck is the capstan, which requires six people to push it clockwise. As they do, a hammer-like structure marked with a carving of a monstrous cephalopod rises from the centre. We hear Davy Jones cant the following battle cry: "Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake...the Kraken!"

The hammer retracts hard, and sends out a shockwave through the deck and across the ship. From the opposite side of the ship, the enormous tentacles of the dreaded Kraken rise up above the deck, and spray water at guests, before retreating back under the water.

latest

At the front of the ship are two "triple guns", which rotate and double as water pistols to soak unsuspecting guests. Listen closely to the walls and ceiling when in enclosed areas, and you can hear the sound of the sea, or whispering voices of crew who have long sinced been consumed by the Dutchman. Part of the ship, part of the crew indeed. Perhaps you will want to stay and serve one hundred years before the mast?

The lower deck is more murkier with plenty of nooks and crannies to explore and find secrets of the Dutchman. Poor old Wyvern remains trapped in the wall, holding aloft his lantern. Ringing a bell beside him caused Wyvern to stir, warning us that the Dutchman must always have a captain. Looking around, guests may find other unfortunate crewmen merged with the ship and have similar encounters with them too. An unfinished game of Liar's Dice can be found in one corner, though you can still hear the crew whispering how many years they will wager. You may find the torture device collection of the bo'sun Jimmy Legs, or encounter the animatronic lobster head of poor Hadras, caught in a lobster trap.

At the back of the deck, guests will be drawn to the sound of ominous but passionate organ music. They will find the cathedral-like cabin of Davy Jones himself, encountering the slimy captain thundering away at his enormous pipe organ, surrounded by candlelight. Jones is an animatronic resembling the one used at Shanghai Disneyland, though is placed on a higher platform than guests so they don't attempt to damage him. Near the door, on a pedestal, sits the Dead Man's Chest, with a series of chained keys. Guests can hear a heart thumping inside, and can try to guess which key fits in the chest. Finding the right key will unlock the chest, revealing the legendary heart within. However, this will alert Davy Jones, who ceases playing and will turn around on his seat, threatening the guests who dare to take his heart!

davy-jones-animatronic.jpg

Davy Jones quotes:
"Who dares try to steal my heart? If you are foolish enough to try, you will face a fate no man wishes to experience!"
"I hear you scurrying around back there. Don't try to think for an instant that you can outwit me."
"Did you enjoy my symphony of the sea? Or were you too busy trying to unlock my chest? Perhaps, you would care to hear more of my music...by serving one hundred years aboard my ship as payment for your foolish ways."
"You will not forestall my judgement! Keep ye wandering hands to yourself if you value your worthless life!"
"If it is a pirate's curse you be after, you have come aboard the wrong vessel."
"My tentacles and your thieving hands can get better acquainted. Or maybe you would look better with no hands at all!"
"The last wretch who tried to steal from me was keelhauled for forty nights. What the sharks didn't get was fed to my crew."

We can proceed down to the hull, the lowest deck on the Flying Dutchman. Down here, it is even more aquatic, like walking through an underwater garden where the sea life has taken root in the deck. Guests will find the extensive brig down here, though any prisoners have long since been absorbed into the ship's frame. Guests may find a small grotto of one Bootstrip Bill, covered in starfish, the walls carved with insane messages about his son, counting down (or up) the number of years he has been onboard. Two skeletons are trapped in an eternal game of chess in one cell. In an interactive encounter, guests may awaken Davy Jones' first mate, the shark-like Maccus, who taunts them from his personal cabin.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-battle-for-the-sunken-treasure-shanghai-disneyland-04092018-34.jpg

Around the ship, crew members (or cast members) will be on hand to watch and assist any guests, or invite them to join the crew of the damned!

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

& NEW TEAMS

Thanks to everyone for participating in the regular season of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME. As you emerge from the Cursed Courtroom, you add yet another star to Yen Sid’s hat.

enhance

Cheers to our heroes for smiting the wicked.

TenseLargeChameleon-size_restricted.gif

With your original team mascots now removed from the game board, it is time for new heroes to emerge. ENDGAME’s postseason will feature new teams.

If you aren't named in the team rosters below, that means you are eliminated. No hard feelings; this was an incredibly difficult decision. Thank you for playing! :D

Remember months ago in the Hype Thread when I (accidentally) asked “Who’s your favorite Disney?”
enhance

Team Walt
Evilgidgit
Disney Dad 3000
James G.
nateD1226
Outbound

enhance

Team Roy
Brer Oswald
DisneyManOne
PerGronStudio
Pi on my Cake
TwilightZone

Everyone prepare for Stanza XII!

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF WALT’S GHOSTLY FORM

With the Cursed Courtroom and the ENDGAME Awards Ceremony concluded, our surviving players are unceremoniously dumped out onto the fetid sidewalks of Hollywood Blvd. After so much adversity and failure and triumph, they find themselves stranded leaderless and without team identities in the lawless midst of Tinsel Town.

Surrounded by the maniacal, soul-curdling terrors of Hollywood Blvd., our heroes glimpse a welcoming sight – two ghosts.

“Wait a moment. I recognize those ghosts from my childhood,” says @James G. “Why if it isn’t Walt & Roy Disney!”

“I’ve heard of those guys!” gasps @Brer Oswald.

Walter E. Disney warmly addresses the group. “Thank you, kind Imagineers, for carrying on my legacy. Only a few more hurdles remain.”

The Disney ghosts manifest a Magic Express bus. “Everyone on board,” proclaims Roy O. Disney. “We’re returning to where this all began…”

“…Disneyland.”

enhance

Blue skies welcome our heroes’ return along Disney Drive. They last saw this magical place disguised like fugitives under the cover of thunderstorms. Now they ride into the Disneyland Resort like conquering heroes.

“The villains’ wicked influence over my parks has all but been erased, thanks to you,” explains Walt Disney. “However Maleficent and her top lieutenant still lurk, concocting what I fear could be their greatest evil deed.”

“OH NO!!!” says @Outbound.

“Where are we staying this time?” asks @Pi on my Cake. “After Hollywood, I can hardly handle the horrors of Harbor.”

Team Walt will be staying with me in the original, classic Disneyland Hotel,” says Walt.

enhance

Team Roy and I will lodge in the opulent splendor of the Grand Californian,” says Roy.

enhance

“Nobody is staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel.”

enhance

“Everybody get some rest. We have a great, big, battle-filled tomorrow.”

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

enhance

PORT UNFORTUNATE SOULS

As Act III begins we come full circle, now returning to Disneyland Resort.

Disney historians might recall Port Disney, a proposed theme park meant for Long Beach, California. It was in the running against WestCOT and California Adventure as Disneyland’s second gate. Ultimately the Port Disney concept was modified into the brilliant Tokyo DisneySea, but L.A. area locals still regularly ask “What if?”

Let’s revive the Port Disney concept on a smaller scale. Disneyland Resort needs new capacity, and with very limited development space the easiest solution is to create their first water park. Management has decided that the park will be called “Port Disney,” but beyond that it’s an open canvas.

Your task is to propose a Port Disney water park for Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.

• Space at Disneyland Resort hard to come by, with the city of Anaheim surrounding it on all sides, but there is space available. Consider using some of the surface level parking lots, and don't worry about losing parking as a result. Disneyland's master planners will be adding more stacked parking elsewhere.​
  • A water park is somewhere in between a land and a whole theme park, scale-wise. That should be a hint as to where we might be headed…​
Project Managers
Team Walt
- @Disney Dad 3000
Team Roy - @PerGronStudio

Individual Reviewers
spacemt354, DinoInstitute, Epcot_Imagineer, Magic Feather, michmousefan, mickeyfan5534

This Project is due Sunday, March 24th, at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones

Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Be warned that at the end of this Stanza, there will be three eliminations.

Outbound

OUTBOUND PRESENTS
HIGH SPEED HEIST

Reading Music
Following the completion of Marvel Land, Cars Land will see a major expansion. Located in a shady abandoned building near the edge of Radiator Springs, encounter the infamous Delinquent Road Hazards!

Warning: This attraction is a high-speed dark ride/simulator. Though not as intense as neighbor “Radiator Springs Racers”, High Speed Heist could be considered too scary or flashier for some. Be advised.​

The queue winds its way through the old building. At one area, an old Model T is fast asleep. At random points, he wakes up, confused, and mutters “I’ve watched this place for 50 years. No one has ever gotten through” before returning to his slumber, oblivious to the thousands of visitors who walk by him every day.

Once we enter the building, it becomes apparent we are not the only ones sneaking past that security guard. Ancient machinery is contrasted by all the latest tuning technology, from stylish bumpers to specially imported spray paint.

With this, we are hustled by a cast member in another room, which houses the preshow.

THE PRESHOW
Guests stand in a sloped garage, with the door currently closed. Once all have entered, the lights dim, and the garage door opens to reveal the four Delinquent Road Hazards- DJ, Wingo, Boast, and Snot Rod.

Note: The premise and name of this attraction are derived from the Cars Videogame, which also features Chick Hicks hiring the Road Hazards to mess with McQueen. However, once the ride begins the way they go about the crime- and how it all plays out in the end- are completely different.

The cars are animatronics, able to move their faces to convey emotion. They are each lined up as if in a conversation. A large TV is behind them.
Hey… looks like the newbies came in.

Heh… heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!
The screen suddenly turns on… to reveal Chick Hicks, Lightning McQueen’s big rival.

Quit it you two! Boss is on.

Oh I appreciate that very much… uh… who are you again… DJ?

Hey I’m DJ!

I’m Boast!

Oh right right what a shame it would be to forget your name… being such a… humble person- that I most certainly am.

What are you calling us for?

Yeah cut to the chase. We all know you want back at McQueen.

Hey! I won that Piston Cup fair and square. Now I am going to beat him again. But to ensure my victory, I’ll need your help.
One of McQueen’s uh… what’s the word… cars he likes. I don’t have any.

Friends?

Yes. One of McQueen’s friends is driving all his racing supplies across the highway all alone. Name’s Mack- big red tractor trailer. Loves sleepy music. I want you four to prevent the supplies from making the trip.

Will do, as long as you remember to pay us some ka-ching.

Great. One last thing- don’t get caught.
The screen turns off.
What a fraud.

Hey… we cause mayhem, we get paid. Sounds like a win win.

This job is hard. We'll need backup… from above.

You telling me one of us is gonna ride in one them helicopers?

Not one of us… one of them.
Boast gestures at the audience.
Want to prove your heist skills? Ride above the scene and scout the surroundings. Make sure the fuzz don’t catch on to any of our funny business.
A rumbling is heard. It seems to be coming from Snot Rod. The other three look at their orange friend.
Oh, no, Snot Rod…

He’s gonna blow!

Ahh… ahhh… ahhhh achowww!

As Snot Rod shoots out a fire, the garage door closes and guests are ushered to the next stage of the queue, a series of winding corridors. Sketches of Mack and plans for the attack are pinned to the walls. Finally, we get to the end of the queue, and our ride can properly begin.

As said in the preshow, High Speed Heist uses a helicopter as ride vehicle. While Test Track technology was originally the plan, upon further review it becomes apparent if this new attraction was to stand alongside Radiator Springs Racer, it would need a new ride system.
The helicopters are small, with two rows each seating two guests for a total of four. It is an advanced Peter Pan, with the suspended cart able to rotate during turns and even lightly shake to give the feeling of flight.

A map of the attraction- beginning with the flat room at the very bottom (boarding). The purple car is Boast, the blue car DJ, red box Mack, green car Wingo, orange car Snot Rod, white car Sheriff, darker orange car Mater, and the red car Lightning McQueen.

Once everyone is on board, the helicopter takes off, swaying back and forth. We can hear the four cars talking to each other with our comms.

Room One: Up, up, and away!
Just like Peter Pan, we look down to see the ground becoming progressively smaller. The cars on this attraction are not the same as in Radiator Springs Racers, thanks to our height, they can be smaller and more numerous.

Woo! Up up and away bois!

They sure are flying!
The helicopters take a moment to adjust, and then return closer towards the surface as the heist begins.

Rooms Two and Three: DJ
Hey, yo, DJ. You’re up.

Hehe… this is where the fun begins!
A (smaller) animatronic of DJ is seen maneuvering through the conveyor belt of a highway. At a far away distance at high speeds, it really looks like he is speeding on a highway robbery. As he speeds various techno music plays, to reference DJ’s musical nature.

In the third room, DJ has reached a drowsy Mack in the slow lane. DJ is aiding Mack’s fall to slumber by playing music from the classical channel.
Ahhh…. pretty music… yawn

He-he-he….
Rooms Four and Five: Wingo
Hey, we got ourselves a nodder!

Hahaha!

Yo Wingo, lane change man!

On my way!
Now it is Wingo’s turn. This time, we head closer to the highway until we are at car level. The helicopter swings back and forth while moving, while the cars on the ground don’t move at all and instead keep honking and shouting at us. This creates the appearance of weaving through the road with Wingo.
Eventually, Wingo makes it to Mack- we now see DJ and Wingo together. Mack is asleep but suddenly wakes up with a start.

Whaa? Wha wawa wawa!

Sssh! DJ more music.
DJ changes the channel, and it somehow becomes even more tiresome. Mack falls asleep once again while other cars look at the scene with confusion and worry.

Rooms Six and Seven: Boast

All clear boss.
Boast is now making his way to Mack. This scene is a combination of the prior two scenes, with some above ground and some low ground action. By the end Boast has made it to Mack, and the entire team is here- with Snot Rod to follow shortly after. The gang is now messing with the sleeping Mack.

Hey you think I could rock this paintjob?

If you want to look like a hillbilly, sure.

Huh huh huh!

Hey check this out!
DJ switches the channel to rock and roll, and Mack suddenly bolts up. DJ switches the channel back to classical and he returns into his slumber. Everyone laughs… and then a siren shows up.

Room Eight: Car Chase
It’s the fuzz!

Scram scram scarm!

Wingo you got the ka-ching?

What no you got the ka-ching!

I don’t got no ka-ching.

It doesn’t matter scram, scram, scram!

Sheriff arrives on the scene, sirens flashing. The helicopters and rest of the gang run away as quickly as possible.

Away we go!

Not in my town, you don’t!

The four road hazards and the helicopters flee the scene with Sheriff not far behind. The ride vehicle repeatedly shakes to reflect the chaotic nature of the scene.

Room Nine: Hide
They manage to escape into some high grass and wait, careful not to say a word. Nearby are some sleeping tractors.

Whatever we do, remain calm and silent.

But it seems the grass isn’t doing so well for Snot Rod’s allergies.

Ahhh..

Snot Rod no!

Ahhh…

Snot Rod quiet quiet!

Achowww!

The fire wakes up all the tractors, and from behind the bushes, Mater!

Hi! I’m Mater. You’re real good at tractor tipping. Hey Sheriff, who are these fellas?

Everyone groans in annoyance.
Oh thanks a lot Snot Rod!

Come on!

Rooms Ten and Eleven: Crime and Punishment
Room Ten is a transitionary scene of rockwork, as though the cave leads up to “Radiator Springs”. This is done to block out the sunlight- because you guessed it, Room Eleven is outdoors.

The Delinquent Road Hazards are in the impound. A harmonica is playing. Sheriff introduces them to their punishment:

This here is Bessie, finest road-pavin’ machine ever built. I’m hereby sentencing you to community service.

But my fresh paint’s all ruined!

Get back to work!

As we round the corner, we see Lightning McQueen and Mater watching the criminals laughing. McQueen has his supplies safely next to him. A final voiceover of Sheriff speaks as we exit.

Move along, folks. You see everyone who lies, cheats, steals… it all comes back to haunt em’. So don’t mess with the law… especially in my town. Now have a fine day.

Brer Oswald

I really didn’t want it to come down to this, but I’m formally announcing my leave from the game, and from this community as well. It would have been really nice to win, or do well in a competition; I feel a lot of people look down on my skills in this community, but with my lack of quality content on display, can you blame them? There’s a lot of people on here that I admire, hopefully we cross paths in the future. Till then, I bid you farewell.

FireMountain

I really didn’t want it to come down to this, but I’m formally announcing my leave from the game, and from this community as well. It would have been really nice to win, or do well in a competition; I feel a lot of people look down on my skills in this community, but with my lack of quality content on display, can you blame them? There’s a lot of people on here that I admire, hopefully we cross paths in the future. Till then, I bid you farewell.
F(arewell)

Disney Dad 3000

I hope you'll reconsider and hate to hear that you feel that way. Everyone here has something to offer the forum and you are no different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom