New Skillets at Whispering Canyon

Shouldigo12

Dear Captain America,

I don't believe that my last comment, that i "just wished they hadn't dumped so many of the a la carte items" is excessively dramatic. Simply stating an opinion on a new menu. Hardly threatened suicide over this.

And my grandkids all ate everything at four years old too, but then they become little boys who are not interested in the CHIPOTLE pork, or the MUSTARD BARBECUE beef. I don't think my kids are the exception to the rule here, most kids that age want burgers, and pizza and chicken tenders (not citrus herb chicken).
At home, they are forced to eat a balanced diet, on vacation at disney- not so much, and certainly not chipotle anything.

And "what else would I expect"? to quote you?
I was hoping for some of the a la carte items that were on the menu until yesterday.

So, sorry if my expressing an opinion on the new menu (you know, the topic of this thread) offended you
Do any of the appetizers look like something he would eat? They're cheaper and a bit more "normal" from what I can see. If not, try calling the restaurant and ask if they have options not listed on the menu. I've heard that at some restaurants, if the menu options don't appeal to a party member (either because of a diet choice like being vegetarian, or age) they may be willing to make up something simple.

Shouldigo12

The link in the original post seemed to imply that there is still a lot of antics going on:

"The fun-filled restaurant is known for its sassy cast members, Old Western games ... our rowdy canyon townsfolk are here to serve you, and their boisterous goings-on aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Do the hokey pokey, ring the dinner bell, and even ask for ketchup (at your own risk, of course)."

How much of this is still going on? I probably haven't been to Whispering Canyon since 2017 (last couple of times we were at WL we ate at Geyser Point).
When I was there, we had straws thrown at us, about a dozen bottles of ketchup, light teasing about out food choices, and my mom received enough coke to last a year when she told the waiter she really loves her pop. If that helps.

Hockey89

But the complaint doesn't really apply. The "Canyon Skillet" has been the signature dish of Whispering Canyon Cafe for years (decades?)

"All you can eat meat" is not the piece of new information that comes from this announcement. The only thing changing is the amount of variety.
It was an observation... Not a complaint.... Try again

Dave B

Silly question, does anyone know if you can order any skillet anytime? My son would eat the breakfast one for dinner for sure, would it be offered at dinner time? I am thinking no, but it is Disney, they love to accommodate.

JohnD

Original Poster
Silly question, does anyone know if you can order any skillet anytime? My son would eat the breakfast one for dinner for sure, would it be offered at dinner time? I am thinking no, but it is Disney, they love to accommodate.

I wouldn't know specifically but given the amount of food that has to be prepared for breakfast and then for lunch/dinner, my guess is "No". Granted they would switch up ingredients, etc, for gluten-free, for example. Not so sure about entire menu items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom