News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Lensman

I think he paid a price and all should be forgiven. He admitted he was wrong. This is America and he deserved a 2nd chance.
Yes! I look around at America and you know what I see? Losers.

It's all about forgiveness and redemption, though as Father Brown says, "You must feel genuine remorse."

Edit: added remorse.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Yep, great news. But they won't start filming the movie until he is done with Suicide Squad 2... not sure what the timeline is, or if they will have to shoot the ride stuff first. But good news for Marvel and Disney at any rate.
“The Suicide Squad” is dated for August 2021 and starts shooting this year. Probably 2022-2023 for Volume 3 and keep in mind the scripts ready and preproduction was wrapping up as they were originally going to shoot winter/spring 2019 for a 2020 release.

the.dreamfinder

giphy.gif

sedati

Let's hope there are animatronics in front of that big dome screen... It would be very funny if the most expensive ride ever made was just Universal-level screens.
Honestly this is not a ride I worry about animatronics being in, or even showscenes in the traditional sense.
My hope is for a true sense of zipping through the universe and all its glories. I want a sense of galactic scale with Hubble realism.
Give me any of this:

Or this, but with some comedy from Rocket and Groot along the way:

If the inside of the big blue box can deliver the scope and wonder of those clips than I'll be 100% happy and call it a proper Epcot attraction to boot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Just read a permit about the "fabrication and installation of show screens" within the ride. The permit is for 1350 Avenue of the Stars, which is the UoE pavilion, which leaves me with a question. Is this show screen being installed within the BBB, or within the actual pavilion itself for pre-show/queue/loading? I don't believe the BBB or pavilion building itself would have different addresses, considering they're connected.

EDIT: Drew how many seconds did you beat me by? 😅
To be clear, the art is from the queue.

flyerjab

To be clear, the art is from the queue.

You know, I am at odds with a lot of the older WDW/EPCOT Center fans when it comes to the direction of the parks and such. But I will say this: I am big on park aesthetics and theming. I think it is why my favorite park is DAK. For me, that park is like walking through a work of art. The same goes for Hollywood and Sunset Blvds in DHS.

Having seen the box in person yesterday, I can safely say that it is hideous. I really don’t care what color or hue of blue they painted it - it will forever ruin the futuristic skyline of that side of the park. There really was something to seeing the different shaped domes and structures of the FW pavilions. It clashed in the perfect way against the WS pavilions. And even though the same approach was adopted for the Soarin’ building, its profile is much lower, making it less obtrusive. This gravity building is way too large and overbearing in the FW skyline for it to be not noticeable. It is a shame, because I would bet that people will flock to this ride. It sounds like there is a chance that this coaster will be an incredible experience for many park visitors. But from an aesthetic perspective, it detracts rather than adds to the future skyline of FW.

montyz81

Not sure if this has been asked, but I got to believe there will be some kind of connection back to UoE,the original version, in the form of a tribute. Can anyone speculate what that might be? Any rumors about would be welcomed too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom