News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

Drax may not be able to make an appearance in WDW to begin with. And secondly: contracts are contracts. Filming their park scenes while shooting a movie is convenience. But if inconvenient... well, they still need to show up and do it.
Why does Drax not being able to be in the ride keep resurfacing? He has been in GMR. I’ve seen nothing to indicate that he can’t be in the ride.

Bob Harlem

Dan there has a live stream from the top of the Starflyer on I-drive and if you go back a bit on the stream you can see the BBB and Universal's new park land clearing and other stuff. So if you really want to see the current state of GotG, this is probably it.

pdude81

Avenger-rail was, why wouldn't that be?

It was a 1 second clip showing a group that isn't explicitly part of the contract with one guy who couldn't support a ride on his own but maaayyybbee is an Avenger, kind of. So he's something like 1/5 of the people in a 1 second clip in a 20 minute ride. It hardly rises to being an incidental element of that ride, which would be allowed.

Epcot_Imagineer

Just read a permit about the "fabrication and installation of show screens" within the ride. The permit is for 1350 Avenue of the Stars, which is the UoE pavilion, which leaves me with a question. Is this show screen being installed within the BBB, or within the actual pavilion itself for pre-show/queue/loading? I don't believe the BBB or pavilion building itself would have different addresses, considering they're connected.

EDIT: Drew how many seconds did you beat me by? 😅

Epcot_Imagineer

It would be very funny if the most expensive ride ever made was just Universal-level screens.
With the company building the "show-scenes" being known for planetariums, I would say this isn't going to be Forbidden Journey-esque screens, but more in line with Space Mountain's in-ride starry projections, or maybe a large domed room for a pre-show taking us through locations within the GotG universe, projected on the ceiling.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let's hope there are animatronics in front of that big dome screen... It would be very funny if the most expensive ride ever made was just Universal-level screens.

The art makes it look like it's pretty clear that Groot and Rocket will be AAs. There's already a Rocket AA in DCA (two, of him, actually). Making AAs out of them is a lot easier than the humanoid characters who look like they'll be showing up on screen in the space ship.

With the company building the "show-scenes" being known for planetariums, I would say this isn't going to be Forbidden Journey-esque screens, but more in line with Space Mountain's in-ride starry projections, or maybe a large domed room for a pre-show taking us through locations within the GotG universe, projected on the ceiling.

I would say more in line with Flight of Passage screen/projection.

michmousefan

James Gunn is back on for Guardians 3. This probably means that any issues with the filming of the attraction footage has been resolved. Hooray!
Yep, great news. But they won't start filming the movie until he is done with Suicide Squad 2... not sure what the timeline is, or if they will have to shoot the ride stuff first. But good news for Marvel and Disney at any rate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom