Ever had this happen before? A turnstile saga...

draybook

Original Poster
I was asking more about the part where you saw it turn green and said "see, I'm an AP holder and I know what I'm doing and how this works." Apparently, you didn't. I was asking if you would have acted differently if you didn't incorrectly assume that the turnstile turning green would show her you were an AP holder.

True enough. I did assume that Disney was smart enough to allow only APs through the AP line. Then again, they still think it's good to have 20 security folks standing around doing nothing but talking while only 2 turnstiles are open during a jam packed festival...

Chi84

Premium Member
True enough. I did assume that Disney was smart enough to allow only APs through the AP line. Then again, they still think it's good to have 20 security folks standing around doing nothing but talking while only 2 turnstiles are open during a jam packed festival...
I'm not saying you weren't justified in feeling the way you did. I wasn't there - sometimes facial expressions, tone and body language indicate an attitude that words alone don't convey. It's just that there's a saying about what happens when you assume that I've always found very true. If I had a dime for every time I wished I had acted differently after learning an assumption was incorrect, well, let's just say I would be taking a lot more Disney trips.

draybook

Original Poster
I'm not saying you weren't justified in feeling the way you did. I wasn't there - sometimes facial expressions, tone and body language indicate an attitude that words alone don't convey. It's just that there's a saying about what happens when you assume that I've always found very true. If I had a dime for every time I wished I had acted differently after learning an assumption was incorrect, well, let's just say I would be taking a lot more Disney trips.

Yeah, definitely things that could have been done differently on both sides.

JusticeDisney

The complaint raised by OP in this thread is a total joke.

So let me see if I’ve got this right. OP is mad because the CM assumed that he wasn’t an AP. But it was okay for OP to assume that the machine would only read AP tickets?

Bottom line, the CM was attempting to do her job and make sure that only AP visitors were using the special line. Good for her.

draybook

Original Poster
The complaint raised by OP in this thread is a total joke.

So let me see if I’ve got this right. OP is mad because the CM assumed that he wasn’t an AP. But it was okay for OP to assume that the machine would only read AP tickets?

Bottom line, the CM was attempting to do her job and make sure that only AP visitors were using the special line. Good for her.

You obviously didn't read the post. She was blocking the turnstile and not saying anything. So yeah, me and about 30 other people assumed it wasn't open. Also, I wasn't really mad but it did bother me for about 10 minutes and then not so much. And it doesn't seem to be anyone else's job, as nobody else has done this. Anything else you need cleared up for you?

flynnibus

Premium Member
You obviously didn't read the post. She was blocking the turnstile and not saying anything. So yeah, me and about 30 other people assumed it wasn't open. Also, I wasn't really mad but it did bother me for about 10 minutes and then not so much. And it doesn't seem to be anyone else's job, as nobody else has done this. Anything else you need cleared up for you?

If that was the only beef... you would have been fine with her asking you for your AP - but your real hangup is she challenged you after you switched lines... not that she was making it confusing if the line was open or not.

draybook

Original Poster
If that was the only beef... you would have been fine with her asking you for your AP - but your real hangup is she challenged you after you switched lines... not that she was making it confusing if the line was open or not.

My problem is blocking a line and then picking and choosing who you ask. And it wasn't changing lines, since there technically wasn't another line. It was using the side that should have been obviously open. Maybe you're okay with dumb decisions and being Disney's boy, but I'm not.

Damon7777

CM standing in front of one side of the AP turnstile so I assumed it was closed and we got in line for the other side.

Let's talk expectations:

1) I have never, NEVER, not one time ever been asked to show my AP card out of perhaps 300 or more turnstile scans among the 4 parks nor anyone in my party of 7; nor have I seen a CM standing guard in front of the AP scanners.
Oh and I have jumped lines several times (either because I initially thought that the non AP line was actually shorter or I wasn't paying attention and was in the wrong line to begin with) and no cast member has asked me for verification of AP.

I love how some of you are effectively getting on draybooks case for using inductive reasoning......

2) I would have expected that the Disney bands hold info showing AP status:
Disney can build something technologically advanced as say a Flight of Passage but can't program the scanners in the AP line to deny non AP use?? For real?

3) as APers why are we walking around with bands......might as well just carry the card since the bands don't mean jack.

4) I would have assumed that that line was closed too...... Why???
Because of that little pesky thing called inductive reasoning.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Yeah, definitely things that could have been done differently on both sides.
Homie...it's been a minute...hope all else is well with you. Sounds like the Cast Member might be under the impression peeps HAD to prove they were APs. We tend to avoid the AP line as it is USUALLY the slowest of lines....

Anywhoo, how's the rest of the trip going? Crowded? And, do you have pics of the new Mugs?
I wish Disney would ask to see an AP in the AP line. Their lines are so long as to be useless as a little perk.
We've found the AP line to be a joke....we generally avoid

draybook

Original Poster
Homie...it's been a minute...hope all else is well with you. Sounds like the Cast Member might be under the impression peeps HAD to prove they were APs. We tend to avoid the AP line as it is USUALLY the slowest of lines....

Anywhoo, how's the rest of the trip going? Crowded? And, do you have pics of the new Mugs?
We've found the AP line to be a joke....we generally avoid

Definitely crowded but we're used to it, since we've been here a few times during this season. The heat is my only other complaint. I'm already extremely warm blooded, so I'm dying over here. We're not staying on property so no pictures of the mugs, sorry.

We're going to be back in a few weeks for the Star Wars run, so we'll see how that goes.

Dad 2 M & M

Definitely crowded but we're used to it, since we've been here a few times during this season. The heat is my only other complaint. I'm already extremely warm blooded, so I'm dying over here. We're not staying on property so no pictures of the mugs, sorry.

We're going to be back in a few weeks for the Star Wars run, so we'll see how that goes.
We’ll be down again month’s end and hope the crowds have died a bit. Bummer it is so busy now the After Hours are beginning to sell out...we’re hitting the DHS After Hours March 30 and April 6 and hope they are sparsely attended. If those sell out, we’ll be able to see capacity (as it is now) and whether or not it’s worth it at said capacity.....you know how busy/challenging the MNSSHP & MVMCP get when sold out....hope the After Party doesn’t turn in to that....

Anywho, thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your trip bro

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney can build something technologically advanced as say a Flight of Passage but can't program the scanners in the AP line to deny non AP use?? For real?

you assume that's what you'd want... and more likely its NOT what they want, as there are probably lots of scenarios where they want the person to get through without requiring overrides. There may be operational needs as well in terms of controlling what the gate is used for in dynamic situations.

I would have assumed that that line was closed too...... Why???

No one was getting lip about not knowing the line was open... the only beef in this whole drama thread is a CM asked to verify someone being an AP to use the AP line and someone gave the CM crap because they thought they knew better.

draybook

Original Poster
We’ll be down again month’s end and hope the crowds have died a bit. Bummer it is so busy now the After Hours are beginning to sell out...we’re hitting the DHS After Hours March 30 and April 6 and hope they are sparsely attended. If those sell out, we’ll be able to see capacity (as it is now) and whether or not it’s worth it at said capacity.....you know how busy/challenging the MNSSHP & MVMCP get when sold out....hope the After Party doesn’t turn in to that....

Anywho, thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your trip bro

We'll be here the same time. Make sure to holler if you see us!

Last edited:

erasure fan1

you assume that's what you'd want... and more likely its NOT what they want, as there are probably lots of scenarios where they want the person to get through without requiring overrides. There may be operational needs as well in terms of controlling what the gate is used for in dynamic situations.
True but Disney spent a lot on this whole system. And really it should be embarrassing to them that they can't switch over profiles on a terminal in a minimal amount of time. But unfortunately they can't get their website to work right, or the App so asking them to do this, you might as well ask them start beaming people from place to place. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom