Just for fun.... You have the chance to work any job in WDW, what would you like to do??

Driver

Any of these would be fine:

1. An idea man, not engineering or implementation, just concepts and ideas

2. A park ambassador that just wanders the grounds, answers simple questions, and greets guests

3. The person who picks the background music

4. Main Street horseless carriage driver

5. Train station platform worker

6. Teacher/trainer of the Disney 101 course that I've heard everyone had to take
On number 6. If you're referring to "Traditions" that is a very prestigious goal to achieve at WDW. The biggest challenge (assuming you are chosen at your audition) is remembering content. I teach at DU part time, those positions are treated as "shows" and like a show yet have to remember your lines no books, cheat notes etc. My show notes for the course I teach is 72 pages all memorized. From audition through training and finally your "check out" was close to six months. Some like "Traditions " take longer. Also facilitating "Traditions " is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you are chosen you can teach for one year and one year only! Even if you leave the company and come back you came never teach Traditions again.

SteamboatJoe

On number 6. If you're referring to "Traditions" that is a very prestigious goal to achieve at WDW. The biggest challenge (assuming you are chosen at your audition) is remembering content. I teach at DU part time, those positions are treated as "shows" and like a show yet have to remember your lines no books, cheat notes etc. My show notes for the course I teach is 72 pages all memorized. From audition through training and finally your "check out" was close to six months. Some like "Traditions " take longer. Also facilitating "Traditions " is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you are chosen you can teach for one year and one year only! Even if you leave the company and come back you came never teach Traditions again.
Ok....scratch that one.

Driver

Ok....scratch that one.
Please, I'm not trying to scare you away. I am just trying to give you insight as to how meticulous Disney is with any and all production. Too me that's the cool part, they take it seriously. So many times a show may be on and new ( to that show) CM's may be mixed in , but the training process is so thorough that to guest it is seamless...... the way it should be! Perfection is mandatory however achievable through practice and repetition. If you ever had thoughts of acting this is a great way to get your feet wet.

SteamboatJoe

Please, I'm not trying to scare you away. I am just trying to give you insight as to how meticulous Disney is with any and all production. Too me that's the cool part, they take it seriously. So many times a show may be on and new ( to that show) CM's may be mixed in , but the training process is so thorough that to guest it is seamless...... the way it should be! Perfection is mandatory however achievable through practice and repetition. If you ever had thoughts of acting this is a great way to get your feet wet.
No worries, my interest in that item was a little tongue in cheek anyway. I'm not really the acting type. In fact, most of those jobs I listed I imagine don't exist, at least not in the way I'd like them to.

I once saw an old guy in one of the Fantasyland shops just blowing bubbles into the Castle Courtyard with one of the handheld toys. He looked pretty happy....I could do that.

SandyToes72

In my younger days, I would day dream about this very question. I came to the conclusion I would like to drive the Monorail. I'm sure it's not possible because of the different themed outfits a person has to wear in a hotel gift shop but it would also be cool to me to work in a different gift shop every few days. That way I could enjoy the theme each hotel has.

NickWilde

I’d really like to be friends with a character, specifically the fox I named my account after. (Coincidentally, I’m very physically similar to him irl and he’s my favorite, so me and Nick will get along well I guess)

kevhugh

I went down to Orlando 18 years or so ago with dreams of being something cool like a Jungle Cruise skipper. The best I could get was an Innoventions demonstrator with hopes of making a lateral move after a mandatory year. I panicked the morning of the second audition and just came home, returning to being just a guest.

Bostb71

To all the dreamers....... I too had fantasies about being a CM. And then I became one! I have no regrets and I still love what I do, but remember as soon as you pin that name tag on your costume it becomes a job. And just like every job there is the everyday hustle and bustle of getting to work and every day life. Your hole perspective changes about the parks and the experience in general. When I first started I would visit every week often on a whim ( because I could) And that eventually wears off it's kinda like hearing a favorite song over and over. So too feel the magic I find myself digging deeper beyond what the guest see and know. And have gotten involved with training and teaching, not only has this rekindled my interest but I have gained way more knowledge in general about WDW. Which keeps my excitement level up and I stay focused. The fantasy we see as guest very quickly dissipates when you put on the pin. In closing, looking back I wouldn't change a thing, this is a one of a kind experience!!
Former cast member also - I remember when I was first hired, they told me to make sure not to work in the place you love the most because that feeling likely will go away

Shouldigo12

To all the dreamers....... I too had fantasies about being a CM. And then I became one! I have no regrets and I still love what I do, but remember as soon as you pin that name tag on your costume it becomes a job. And just like every job there is the everyday hustle and bustle of getting to work and every day life. Your hole perspective changes about the parks and the experience in general. When I first started I would visit every week often on a whim ( because I could) And that eventually wears off it's kinda like hearing a favorite song over and over. So too feel the magic I find myself digging deeper beyond what the guest see and know. And have gotten involved with training and teaching, not only has this rekindled my interest but I have gained way more knowledge in general about WDW. Which keeps my excitement level up and I stay focused. The fantasy we see as guest very quickly dissipates when you put on the pin. In closing, looking back I wouldn't change a thing, this is a one of a kind experience!!
This is why I decided against applying for the college program. It sounds great, but I know it would definitely change how I see the parks.

crbrown25

I want to be the guy who uses the rope to dock the Friendship boats that run between The Swan/The Dolphin/Boardwalk/Beach Club/Epcot/DHS. Not the guy driving the boat, that's too much responsibility. Just the guy who throws the rope over the piling when the boat docks at each stop.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I just want to work at Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion. I tell my husband all the time that I will work at Disney at some point in my life!

TARDIS

Haunted mansion cast. Because those costumes are adorable and I could say silly things like “hurry up people are dying to get in here”

JIMINYCR

I'd kill to latch onto the job of operating the trains. I love feeling the movement and hearing the sounds of the train passing over the tracks. The train whistle calls to me no matter where I am in the park whenever I hear it. Even though it runs the same circular route, over and over, I'd never tire of the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom