What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I managed to bring the Disney crud home. Have been sick since Thursday...and I mean sick. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do anything this week. 😞

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I managed to bring the Disney crud home. Have been sick since Thursday...and I mean sick. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do anything this week. 😞

Same...sorry you're not feeling well. Today is the 1st day I was able to go back to work - and i'm working from home.

Matt and Kelly

Hello all!

First post in this particular section. I would say I'm a seasoned WDW veteran but a very novice runner. That said, I have set my sights on running my first half marathon at the next RunDisney event in January. My training has been ongoing but yesterday I hit a milestone. The first time I've run the equivalent of the half, 21.1KM, in 2:20!

I was pretty pumped and it has me very much looking forward to January. I'm sure I will be frequenting this section of the board more often over the next several months.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Same...sorry you're not feeling well. Today is the 1st day I was able to go back to work - and i'm working from home.

Thanks. Good to hear you're on the mend. I haven't been sick in years - rarely get a cold and can't remember last time I had the flu. But I did get a flu shot this year. Just have a bad chest cold and associated congestion.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hello all!

First post in this particular section. I would say I'm a seasoned WDW veteran but a very novice runner. That said, I have set my sights on running my first half marathon at the next RunDisney event in January. My training has been ongoing but yesterday I hit a milestone. The first time I've run the equivalent of the half, 21.1KM, in 2:20!

I was pretty pumped and it has me very much looking forward to January. I'm sure I will be frequenting this section of the board more often over the next several months.

Welcome and congrats Matt! You’ll find we’re a nice bunch in the running sub forums. But watch out for @RunningKoen - he’s always trying to convince people to come do the DLP half marathon 😂

JillC LI

Hello all!

Welcome to the board. We've got a great mix of folks here who can give you all different types of advice. Congrats on your milestone.

As for me, 6 miles on Sunday before the snow.

Last edited:

Matt and Kelly

Welcome and congrats Matt! You’ll find we’re a nice bunch in the running sub forums. But watch out for @RunningKoen - he’s always trying to convince people to come do the DLP half marathon 😂

Welcome to the board. We've got a great mix of folks here who can give you all different types of advice. Congrats on your milestone.

As for me, 6 miles on Sunday before the snow.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to following along and picking your brains for tips and tricks leading up to the first event.

Aside from that, I could be persuaded to make my first visit to DLP for something like this!

RunningKoen

Aside from that, I could be persuaded to make my first visit to DLP for something like this!

@Swissmiss and I, who are totally not biased and fully objective about the Paris races (Dont let @LAKid53 tell you otherwise!), will definitely do our best to show why you should come to DLP for an amazing 36K weekend.

Anyway, welcome to this forum. Post 1 workout and you're more active and trained for a run weekend than I am :) Easy reward system.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Swissmiss and I, who are totally not biased and fully objective about the Paris races (Dont let @LAKid53 tell you otherwise!), will definitely do our best to show why you should come to DLP for an amazing 36K weekend.

Anyway, welcome to this forum. Post 1 workout and you're more active and trained for a run weekend than I am :) Easy reward system.

No, not biased at all..... 😉

HiJe

3.1m on the treadmill. Almost over this 3 week cold also. 29 days to go!!!

dreamfinder

Hello all!

Welcome!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
4 miles tonight in the first collective training for my upcoming 10k in May. About half was getting to/from the track and then about half was doing intervals around the track. I felt sorry for the woman who is training for the women’s race, as I think the distance is now only 6km (it has been 6.5 the past couple of years) as she has only just begun running and in just this night’s training she already exceeded the race distance. At least she should be well prepared (if she continues to come to the weekly trainings)!

Texas84

I wimped out and didn't bring the running shoes on my business trip. But it's a 15 minute walk one way to/from the hotel and another 30 minutes at lunch. So an hour of walking. In freezing temps.
🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom