News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

EngineerMom

Hopefully they put an exception in there for delayed flights. If someone isn't supposed to be in until 10pm and gets delayed don't think they would be to happy to find their FP for all vacation canceled.

Of course so.
When Disney wants to do things they can so if someone called the hotel, said their flight was delayed,etc

kes601

I guess I'm not following this whole delayed flight thing. It's not as though Disney is going to cancel on the first night if somebody is late showing up. You've already paid for the first night. Plus, if you use online check-in then technically you've already checked in for your entire stay.....

Patcheslee

I guess I'm not following this whole delayed flight thing. It's not as though Disney is going to cancel on the first night if somebody is late showing up. You've already paid for the first night. Plus, if you use online check-in then technically you've already checked in for your entire stay.....
I was bouncing off the previous post suggesting FP get canceled if they don't check in by midnight. Not everyone uses online checkin.

GoofyInOhio

Got up to book our FP for our split stay and could only book the first half of our stay. Those of us trying to enjoy multiple resorts are kind of punished/hosed because people abused the system and the IT at Disney can't figure out you're having a split stay.

nickys

Premium Member
Got up to book our FP for our split stay and could only book the first half of our stay. Those of us trying to enjoy multiple resorts are kind of punished/hosed because people abused the system and the IT at Disney can't figure out you're having a split stay.

They can figure it out. It just makes it easier to eliminate the bookings made solely to gain an advantage for FPs. This way there is no advantage to be gained.

Agreed it penalises the honest people, the vast majority. However they must have felt the abuse had got out of control. And the convoluted checks to weed out those dishonest ones are complex enough without having to code it. This is the simplest, easiest solution.

However, on the bright side, if they do actually cancel the FPs, there should be better availability, so as long as each stay is 2-4 nights, you should still be able to get all FPs you want.

LuvWDW2

I was bouncing off the previous post suggesting FP get canceled if they don't check in by midnight. Not everyone uses online checkin.

But they have your credit card and you are outside the 5 day window. Wouldn’t they just charge you anyway? They have your money now, so why cancel the FP?
(To clarify, I’m just thinking out loud.)

nickys

Premium Member
I hope so!

Why? If they have paid for the room, I don’t really see an issue.

If you were caught in an emergency situation, or major traffic situation and forgot to phone, or maybe flying internationally and couldn’t phone, either not having a call package or actually still mid-flight, then you’d be OK with having all your FPs cancelled?

Seems harsh to me. If it’s paid for, there really isn’t any abuse or scam going, is there?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I hope so!
Hopefully they put an exception in there for delayed flights. If someone isn't supposed to be in until 10pm and gets delayed don't think they would be to happy to find their FP for all vacation canceled.
Of course so.
When Disney wants to do things they can so if someone called the hotel, said their flight was delayed,etc
But they have your credit card and you are outside the 5 day window. Wouldn’t they just charge you anyway? They have your money now, so why cancel the FP?
(To clarify, I’m just thinking out loud.)
This entire digression is nonsense. @LuvWDW2 and @nickys are exactly right. Disney isn't doing the thing that you're all arguing about how they're going to do. Not showing up has nothing to do with it. EVERYONE with any kind of park ticket on their account is entitled to have FastPasses for tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, etc. up to 30 days. Not showing up for your resort stay doesn't have anything to do with your ability to hold FastPasses for the following days. The only thing the resort reservation does is "unlock" days 31-60. Days 1-30 are open for everyone. Even if Disney cancelled your resort stay for failure to check in, you'd just become an "off site" guest eligible for the 30 day FastPass window.

nickys

Premium Member
This entire digression is nonsense. @LuvWDW2 and @nickys are exactly right. Disney isn't doing the thing that you're all arguing about how they're going to do. Not showing up has nothing to do with it. EVERYONE with any kind of park ticket on their account is entitled to have FastPasses for tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, etc. up to 30 days. Not showing up for your resort stay doesn't have anything to do with your ability to hold FastPasses for the following days. The only thing the resort reservation does is "unlock" days 31-60. Days 1-30 are open for everyone. Even if Disney cancelled your resort stay for failure to check in, you'd just become an "off site" guest eligible for the 30 day FastPass window.

I do see where some are coming from.

If the room isn’t paid for and you don’t turn up, they will likely cancel the FPs and the reservation, otherwise it becomes a leading reservation just to get FPs early.

But the first night would be paid for, so they wouldn’t need to cancel straight away. I imagine that, even now, they would cancel the room if you didn’t contact them at all within say 24 hours.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I do see where some are coming from.

If the room isn’t paid for and you don’t turn up, they will likely cancel the FPs and the reservation, otherwise it becomes a leading reservation just to get FPs early.

But the first night would be paid for, so they wouldn’t need to cancel straight away. I imagine that, even now, they would cancel the room if you didn’t contact them at all within say 24 hours.
It doesn't apply.

Room only reservation: As you said, you're already charged for the first night at a minimum. It's no different than booking a one-night reservation, checking in, and then going to sleep somewhere else. You're paying for a room night so you get the perks of having a room reservation even if you don't physically sleep there.

Packages: The penalty for a no-show is the entire package price. You have to pay for your entire room plus ticket package, even if you never show up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So rather than canceling the campground reservation, they'll check in the first day, and keep it and pay the $60/night charge in order to keep their 60+ FPs.

After Hours is cheaper. :)

We actually added a ticket day to our 5 night stay that’s coming up mid March because we landed a super early flight into Orlando.

We had already booked 4 days of fast passes, but when we went to add some random ones to the first day we couldn’t. Needless to say, adding the ticket day broke my MDE account.

The IT fix was to create a mirror reservation and put an “A” at the beginning of the original reservation. Both now show in my MDE account, but the original with the “A” now shows I owe a balance even though I’m paid in full. I was given every assurance it will work out fine.

I can’t wait to see what this means for my family’s fastpasses, as well as room etc. when we land on the 13th.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m having a hard time (that’s what I get for following along) understanding all the split stay angst...

Can someone explain what the problem is?

Use short words, please? 🤯

iowamomof4

I’m having a hard time (that’s what I get for following along) understanding all the split stay angst...

Can someone explain what the problem is?

Use short words, please? 🤯

I don't think you're being sarcastic, so I'll explain it. If I missed the sarcasm, I apologize.

Family #1 books a stay for 8 nights on property. Their fastpass window opens 60 days ahead of their arrival day and they can book all 8 days of fastpasses, thus giving them the opportunity to book the harder rides like SDD and FOP without much difficulty, especially later in their stay.

Family #2 also books 8 nights, but they split their stay. They start at Pop Century for 4 nights and then splurge on AKL for the remaining 4 nights. Their reservations are treated as two separate reservations and they have to book fastpasses for each portion of their stay in 2 different 60-day windows, thus putting them at a disadvantage over family #1 even though they are both staying 8 nights on property.

That is one of the main things that has now been confirmed to have changed.

Cosmic Commando

Seems harsh to me. If it’s paid for, there really isn’t any abuse or scam going, is there?
Disney makes more money from guests that are actually staying on site, versus ones that are pretending to. Guests really staying at the campground will eat at the restaurants, shop at the trading posts, and do some upcharge activities like horseback riding. Guests that book a phantom reservation, even if they don't cancel, are a revenue dead end.

Is that cynical? Yes, but I don't blame Disney. Also, I'm one of the people that actually use the cheap campsites. :joyfull:

Legendary

Makes no difference. This is now the case, split stays have separate windows.
I was just curious because the response that I got when I emailed Guest Services is that if I had stand alone tickets I would be able to book both reservations at 60 days.

Trackmaster

I don't think you're being sarcastic, so I'll explain it. If I missed the sarcasm, I apologize.

Family #1 books a stay for 8 nights on property. Their fastpass window opens 60 days ahead of their arrival day and they can book all 8 days of fastpasses, thus giving them the opportunity to book the harder rides like SDD and FOP without much difficulty, especially later in their stay.

Family #2 also books 8 nights, but they split their stay. They start at Pop Century for 4 nights and then splurge on AKL for the remaining 4 nights. Their reservations are treated as two separate reservations and they have to book fastpasses for each portion of their stay in 2 different 60-day windows, thus putting them at a disadvantage over family #1 even though they are both staying 8 nights on property.

That is one of the main things that has now been confirmed to have changed.

Is there any confirmation that Family #2 is actually a common family? I'd imagine that 99.99% of guests will stay at the same hotel the same time if both are on property. They'd have to figure out what to do what they're belongings for that 4-5 hour period between check-ins and check-outs.

Plus, its probably easier for Disney to park guests in one place for a long time, then to have to worry about getting several rooms ready, and worry about a lot of other logistics.

I think that thinking of a way to close a loophole that creates a lot of other loopholes is dumb when its really not something that makes much logistical sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom