News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

nickys

Premium Member
I have a question from the above (cut from your earlier post)

What is the "rolling window"? Not sure if that refers to the days between 30-60 you are NOT staying onsite?

What used to happen was when you had an onsite reservation, you could book for days following it at exactly 60 days ahead, day by day.

So people booked a one night stay. And got check-in and check-out day at 60 days ahead. Then moved offsite but got a 60 day window for the rest of their tickets, rather than 30 days for being offsite.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A stricter enforcement about dropping days from a reservation, that’s been happening lately.

I know people had questions about this, but no hard info on what WDW was doing. So, how are they being 'stricter' about dropping days from a reservation?

Legendary

I know people had questions about this, but no hard info on what WDW was doing. So, how are they being 'stricter' about dropping days from a reservation?
Your fast pass from the days that you dropped will automatically be cancelled. It prevents guests from going offsite while retaining the early FP booking window.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Your fast pass from the days that you dropped will automatically be cancelled. It prevents guests from going offsite while retaining the early FP booking window.

But they're still doing 60+length-of-reservation, right?

So, if someone has a five day reservation, then at the 60-day mark of the first day of reservation, they can make FPs for days 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65.

So, if within the thirty day mark they drop days 1, 2, and 3; are you saying they'll lose the FPs for days 60, 61, and 62?

Even if so, they managed to grab FPs at days 63, 64, and 65.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Now if only they would teach their cast members to turn guests without fastpasses away at Pirates of the Caribbean.

nickys

Premium Member

So, if someone has a five day reservation, then at the 60-day mark of the first day of reservation, they can make FPs for days 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65.

So, if within the thirty day mark they drop days 1, 2, and 3; are you saying they'll lose the FPs for days 60, 61, and 62?

Two separate things happening.

Firstly just generally have been making people rebook than just drop days. Anecdotal but reported across forums.

As for the shortening thing. @Legendary, your interpretation is much too lenient!

FPs are now linked to a reservation number. Cancel it and the FPs go too. This applies whether you’re within the 30 day window too. If you cancel, you’ll have to start again with FPs.

As of now, if you want to shorten that reservation, the chances are that they would refuse to do so and make you rebook. In which case all the FPs made with that reservation for the entire stay would be cancelled. And even rebooking part of it will not save them. The only way to keep them is to rebook for the same dates. And even if they do shorten it by dropping days off the beginning, they are saying they will cancel any FPs made as a result of that early booking window - which is all of them.

Also if you had a 7 day stay, and wanted to split it into 4 days and 3 days, only the first part would keep the same #, so all FPs for the second part will be cancelled.

It’s harsh, and there will be people who lose out for perfectly genuine reasons. It seems they really have taken the easiest way to stop leading reservations. With separate booking windows for split stays, and cancellation of FPs along with their associated reservation, there’s no advantage to be had.

All CMs who have given out info seem to be, for once, reading from the same script.

Trackmaster

I agree with this if Disney were interested in reducing wait times -- the idea is why wait in line when you can wait outside and enjoy the park? But FastPass isn't used to reduced wait times. It's used as a resort perk to give leverage over offsite resorts and increase their own nightly rates. Magic Hours and even the great bus transportation wasn't helping much, although Skyliner will bring that back. The second reason for FastPass is to help predict crowd levels which helps with staffing, which is the biggest cost of any business. Again, they can't do that with MaxPass.

Let me explain, this is coming from somebody who lives within 90 minutes of WDW and has a dirt cheap AP:

The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense for Disney to allow resort guests to get an advantage with FP+ over non-resort guests. Personally, I can cherrypick my days, and go when I know its not going to be very crowded. Plus, if I do show up and its mobbed, I can just go. If somebody was spending a lot of money on a once every 10 years week long vacation, I could see the family being disappointed if they picked a really bad week where they couldn’t get on anything. I think that having three guaranteed low wait rides per day is a smart thing to offer and helps level the playing field.

Trackmaster

Yes, seriously. My gripe has nothing to do with the degree of intelligence needed for the task. You missed the point completely. And yes, you were insulting.

Well, I wasn't insulting you. I was just insulting somebody who can't figure out 1+2+1=4 style math.

But, if this message board is a focus group, you're probably right. It doesn't seem like that suggestion was accepted well from the general public.

Personally, I think that the old FP system was the best. You should have to physically go to a ride, scan in, and that activates your FP. I think that having some skin in the game and having to walk to the location helps vs. letting people sit at home and reserve whatever they want from their computers.

DavidNYC

Not according to those who have been briefed on this (although too soon to have confirmation in fact). You lose ALL FP for the five days if you drop the first day since every FP booked was dependent on a booking window that opened that day.

kes601

New to the forum. We became Annual Pass members in November. I did notice one other change they made, and they should have.

We have several on-site stays setup for the year (long weekends mostly). We used to be able to book fastpasses for all dates 60 days out, it now properly grays out the dates where we aren't staying on Disney property. Given that we are in Virginia we only took advantage of the "blip" once and booked about 45 days out for one day when we were making a day stop in Orlando on the way to Sanibel.

I am glad they are taking these steps. Not only does it make the fastpass "game" more fair for everybody, it opens up hotels for those who do actually want to stay on site. If you have a lot of people booking stays they don't intend to use then it blocks others from booking those rooms.

Last edited:

dwight16

so is the leading reservation loop hole dead? if i am staying a week and book an earlier extra week to get the 74 day booking window? hope they have killed it off once and for good!

nickys

Premium Member
so is the leading reservation loop hole dead? if i am staying a week and book an earlier extra week to get the 74 day booking window? hope they have killed it off once and for good!

Yes it’s pretty much dead!

At the expense of those who had genuine split stays with no intention of dropping anything. I can see why they did it (it was the easiest way to stop them), and I am glad they’ve taken action, but it’s a big drawback to a split stay.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Side note - Staying at the Hampton Inn near the interstate in Lubbock in 50 days. I wasn't able to get any fastpasses with my hotel room booking, never mind keeping them when I cancel. Bad Disney. Bad Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom