News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

iowamomof4

I booked FPs on 1/20 for a split stay and did not have this issue so if they changed it they just did.

I did however have this issue when booking dining 180 days out. I could book only for the first split stay window, waited 3 days and could book dining for the 2nd window.

This was a change that began today. So I'm not at all surprised you had no issues. EDIT: And ADR booking has been like that for awhile, where you had to book separately for split-stays.

golfer2323

Has anyone ever had luck booking Fastapasses earlier than 60 days? I have a reservation booked from April 27th-May 4th, and yesterday I was able to book fast passes for the entire trip for everyone in my party. Was just messing around in MDE and the system let me book them. Had to click confirm a few times as I would get an error message every once in awhile but eventually it would go through and show as confirmed. 60 day window was Tuesday February 26th... is this a glitch in the system?

Attachments

• D39D84B0-5388-4A88-9240-E38CD0D5DBA7.jpeg
    D39D84B0-5388-4A88-9240-E38CD0D5DBA7.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 154

MissingDisney

Has anyone ever had luck booking Fastapasses earlier than 60 days? I have a reservation booked from April 27th-May 4th, and yesterday I was able to book fast passes for the entire trip for everyone in my party. Was just messing around in MDE and the system let me book them. Had to click confirm a few times as I would get an error message every once in awhile but eventually it would go through and show as confirmed. 60 day window was Tuesday February 26th... is this a glitch in the system?
Looks like a sprinkle of pixie dust came your way!
We had a similar fluke of magic happen when I booked pastpasses for a previous trip as the system didn’t limit us to only one tier 1 attraction for affected parks. We could pick anything and the same attraction twice. Quite nice!

golfer2323

Has anyone ever had luck booking Fastapasses earlier than 60 days? I have a reservation booked from April 27th-May 4th, and yesterday I was able to book fast passes for the entire trip for everyone in my party. Was just messing around in MDE and the system let me book them. Had to click confirma few times as I would get an error message every once in awhile but eventually it would go through and show as confirmed. 60 day window was Tuesday February 26th...
Looks like a sprinkle of pixie dust came your way!
We had a similar fluke of magic happen when I booked pastpasses for a previous trip as the system didn’t limit us to only one tier 1 attraction for affected parks. We could pick anything and the same attraction twice. Quite nice!

It was just weird having all of the rides and all of the times available. Could pick any time and any day for everything! I feel like it’s too good to be true and I keep looking at MDE to make sure they are all there.

MissingDisney

Has anyone ever had luck booking Fastapasses earlier than 60 days? I have a reservation booked from April 27th-May 4th, and yesterday I was able to book fast passes for the entire trip for everyone in my party. Was just messing around in MDE and the system let me book them. Had to click confirma few times as I would get an error message every once in awhile but eventually it would go through and show as confirmed. 60 day window was Tuesday February 26th...

It was just weird having all of the rides and all of the times available. Could pick any time and any day for everything! I feel like it’s too good to be true and I keep looking at MDE to make sure they are all there.
I did the same! :joyfull:

Dad 2 M & M

We have a split stay (Pop for 3 nights, then Saratoga Springs 6 nights) We've got 8 day tickets. When the 60 days open up, will it still open up for the whole trip, or just for Pop, then 3 days later for Saratoga? I was told that it would open up for both stays, but now with how things have changed a bit, I'm not so sure.
I'm seeing reports on other sites that split stays will be treated as completely separate for FP booking windows. So you can book 60 days out from when you arrive for stay #1 and for as many days as you are at your resort for stay #1, but will have to do the process over again when you are 60 days out from stay #2.
I’ve been following this too!

I think it’s too early to call it though. It could be one of two things, either a glitch (someone found they could only book a day at a time with an onsite stay, but that corrected itself in a couple of hours), or it’s an unintended consequence and will be remedied.

If it is true, it will upset quite a few people, DVCers especially since they are more likely than most other guests to do split stays,

So I’m not ready to call this yet. We need to wait IMO!
We have 2 upcoming stays:
  1. March 30
  2. April 6

Below is a screenshot of our 'Available days" to grab Fastpasses (We are both AP holders)

You'll notice the "gap" between March 24th (current 30 day window) and March 30th (the 1st day of out stay).....the 2nd gap is from April 1st (day after end of out 1st stay) to April 6th (1st day of 2nd stay)

So...it appears the system now only allows FP to be made only for the days we are staying onsite...which is great!

DavidNYC

Where did this "you will have a 2 day grace period to create another booking to retain those FastPass+ selections" and what does that mean? What if you have a reservation and then need to shorten your trip by a day or two? If I book onsite for 5 of the 7 days I was originally scheduled to be there do I lose the FP for all 7 days or will the system just cancel for the days you're not onsite? I get cancelling FP when they have no reservation - but I don't get cancelling them for days that someone is actually onsite but just not necessarily at the same resort or for the exact same days. Getting rid of the rolling days and cancelling FP for actually cancelled reservations seems like it should have solved most issues without hammering people with legitimate changes. Some of what I'm seeing reported however seems to suggest that for some issues they're taking a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

nickys

Premium Member
Is it possible to have two reservations for the same time period? You could reserve a whole week plus your two two split stays. Cancel the whole week and still keep your FP. And haha to DVC'ers, home of the walking reservation system.

Don’t know.

But I am DVC. We have always had a split stay because we like to stay at different resorts. And because we don’t have enough points to stay for as long as we’d like to at the really busy time (Christmas), so we do a cash reservation and a points one. Other people have more than one home resort, so do some time at one and some at another.

Not sure what walking has to do with split stays or FPs, or why it affects you though.

nickys

Premium Member
Where did this "you will have a 2 day grace period to create another booking to retain those FastPass+ selections" and what does that mean? What if you have a reservation and then need to shorten your trip by a day or two? If I book onsite for 5 of the 7 days I was originally scheduled to be there do I lose the FP for all 7 days or will the system just cancel for the days you're not onsite? I get cancelling FP when they have no reservation - but I don't get cancelling them for days that someone is actually onsite but just not necessarily at the same resort or for the exact same days. Getting rid of the rolling days and cancelling FP for actually cancelled reservations seems like it should have solved most issues without hammering people with legitimate changes. Some of what I'm seeing reported however seems to suggest that for some issues they're taking a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

They took the action because people abused the system. Booked for two weeks, booked FPs for week 2 and then cancelled the first week. Got those FPs at an unfair advantage.

So now, with being much more stringent about rebooking rather than being able to drop days, plus only being able to book FPs for the days you are onsite for, plus changing split stay booking windows, they have stopped any unfair advantage.

But also affected genuine split stays. Looks like that’s the penalty for others cheating the system.

The two days to rebook is to allow someone to change resorts because of a discount etc. So you can do that and still keep your FPs.

Don’t bank on being able to drop days off the front of your reservation. They are now more and more treating that as a cancel and rebook.

Last edited:

Conno

Didn't read all of the replies - but does this also the fix the loophole a lot of British visitors abuse ... booking one night at the campsites - but never actually check-in (they don't cancel either), and get the ability to book rolling 60 day FastPasses for their entire 14-21 day vacation? As a Brit visitor myself who stays on site - this one really irks me, as it's taking away FP's from those who actually do stay on site (Yes, I know those with a longer length of stay get a slight advantage as they can book immediately for those days - but still).

The conversation about this is prolific over on a British forum.

nickys

Premium Member
Didn't read all of the replies - but does this also the fix the loophole a lot of British visitors abuse ... booking one night at the campsites - but never actually check-in (they don't cancel either), and get the ability to book rolling 60 day FastPasses for their entire 14-21 day vacation? As a Brit visitor myself who stays on site - this one really irks me, as it's taking away FP's from those who actually do stay on site (Yes, I know those with a longer length of stay get a slight advantage as they can book immediately for those days - but still).

The conversation about this is prolific over on a British forum.

Yes this is closed. Every possible abuse of the system has been closed.

But that loophole isn’t a British one in particular, it’s probably more pronounced because of the 14 and 21 day tickets. There are far more US guests sdoing the same.

To summarise:

You can only book for the days you are onsite for at the 60 day window.
No rolling window, no earlier dates opening up.
Split stays have two booking windows.
A stricter enforcement about dropping days from a reservation, that’s been happening lately.
And of course FPs being cancelled if you cancel a reservation.

The cancellation appears to be linked to the reservation number, so if you cancel a reservation, no matter whether inside the 30 day window, any FPs linked to that reservation # will be cancelled.

If you switch entirely to a new resort, that’s OK, they’ll just modify the reservation.

But if decide to switch and split your stay, only the first stay will have the same reservation #, so it seems as though the remaining FPs will be cancelled. That is causing some concern, because it isn’t tested yet and no one knows for sure.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom