Realistic Imagineering - WDW 5th Gate Project

DisneyManOne

that's awesome! Here is what I've had in mind. Mine's a lot more clone-heavy. In my mind I justify it as a cost-saving measure so that the park can then go all out when the time comes to expand.

I would have kept much of the same ports and layout from the Tokyo version save for Lost River Delta and Discovery Bay. I do agree that it's a prime opportunity to bring Shanghai's Treasure Cove in place of LRD along with Battle for the Sunken Treasure, it would be a guaranteed draw of an E-ticket for opening day.

I also agree with Discovery Bay being a perfect opportunity to bring in Tony Baxter's original Disneyland concept. Although I'm a little scared of bringing that level of an E-ticket in the same launch time as the expanded Pirates and Journey. Perhaps turn Island at the Top of the World into a motion simulator?

I'd have American Waterfront be taken over by the Muppets and an attraction could be the planned "Muppet Immigration Story" from Disney's America. Or a Muppet version of the "Cops and Robbers Chase" wild mouse coaster. The SS Columbia could house a Titanic-themed restaurant or attraction of some sort (thanks, Fox), heck even have the Titanic be the ship docked creating a "New York that Never Was and Always Will be" theme to the whole area.

For a theme park about adventure and exploration on the high seas, Mermaid Lagoon is too perfect a fit and too magical in style to be taken off the roster. (I also like to think that it would free up space in The Magic Kingdom to import the Beauty and the Beast dark ride) I would also keep Arabian Coast just the way it is, including Sindbad.

Mediterranean Harbour along with the MiraCosta Hotel are perfect as a stunning entryway. Though this time we'd shell out the money to have it come pre-equipped with the fountains for World of Color.

Future Expansions or, phase 2 if you will, can include Motu Nui Isle a new Port themed to Moana, or if the purse strings are too tight, postpone Discovery Bay as a phase 2 addition.

The reason why I didn't include most of the lands from Tokyo DisneySea (apart from giving the Florida park its own unique identity) ties into my ideas for the other WDW parks. For example, my ideas for EPCOT involve bringing Sindbad's Storybook Voyage to the Morocco pavilion, thus removing the need for Arabian Coast. As for Mermaid Lagoon, my ideas for DAK involve an Australian area, complete with a Great Barrier Reef/Finding Nemo sub-area, which would essentially serve as the Floridian Mermaid Lagoon; complete with most of the attractions--Blowfish Balloon Race, Jumpin' Jellyfish, The Whirlpool, a theater (playing host to a re-located Finding Nemo: The Musical, of course), as well as a few unique additions (most notably, a clone of Crush's Coaster from Disney Studios Paris).

And as much as I'm fond of New Orleans Bayou, I really wanna see a Muppet-fied take on American Waterfront now! Also, didn't your initial plans for a Floridian DisneySea involve Paradise Pier?

stitchcastle

I wouldn’t. I would add an Aladdin suspended dark ride. It’s been something that a lot of people have been wanting.

I feel like an Aladdin ride will always be an easy marketing draw on its own whenever or wherever they add it in. Something with an original story like Sindbad can nowadays only really be introduced as part of a package deal for a new park being launched so for me it makes sense to clone it this way, it would also cut on development cost since all the designs and plans are already done for it.

stitchcastle

The reason why I didn't include most of the lands from Tokyo DisneySea (apart from giving the Florida park its own unique identity) ties into my ideas for the other WDW parks. For example, my ideas for EPCOT involve bringing Sindbad's Storybook Voyage to the Morocco pavilion, thus removing the need for Arabian Coast. As for Mermaid Lagoon, my ideas for DAK involve an Australian area, complete with a Great Barrier Reef/Finding Nemo sub-area, which would essentially serve as the Floridian Mermaid Lagoon; complete with most of the attractions--Blowfish Balloon Race, Jumpin' Jellyfish, The Whirlpool, a theater (playing host to a re-located Finding Nemo: The Musical, of course), as well as a few unique additions (most notably, a clone of Crush's Coaster from Disney Studios Paris).

And as much as I'm fond of New Orleans Bayou, I really wanna see a Muppet-fied take on American Waterfront now! Also, didn't your initial plans for a Floridian DisneySea involve Paradise Pier?

I love all those EPCOT additions! I have to say though that I think A Little Mermaid area and A Finding Nemo area can definitely co-exist what with Nemo focusing more on the realistic animal world vs.s TLM's more fantastical and mythological version.

And I'm surprised you remember that old DisneySea plan I had! Yeah it did include Paradise Pier, and while I think it could still work as a future expansion, I'm not so sure I would include it in an opening roster, especially if we're to justify the aggressively themed ports from Tokyo being part of launch.

Adding it to a Floridian DisneySea, it would then have to take on a more east-coast boardwalk theme. Similar to Toyville Trolley Park in Tokyo. And it would have to host some different IP instead of Pixar.

that being said, I think Paradise Pier, if it had to be brought to WDW, would work better as a one-off area for Disney Springs. Putting it in DisneySea would thematically negate Mermaid Lagoon and would cancel out Discovery Bay funds-wise.

DisneyManOne

If anyone's interested, I've actually started to go through my hypothetical ideas for Port Disney as part of my "New Horizons" thread. Feel free to give it a look!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom