Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Stop me if you've heard this one...

Not once, but twice, over two separate solo visits, women who were complete strangers to me have grabbed my arm and/or leg totally out of the blue on Tower of Terror.

The first time, the roughly 35-ish woman to my left screamed and grabbed me by my left arm at the start of the first drop and held on, screaming loudly in Spanish for the rest of the ride.

The next time, about a year or two later, a younger woman, early 20-ish, did the same thing but added a leg lock, wrapping her right leg behind and around my left.

At the end of both rides, the women were grateful and shyly apologetic at having used me as a life preserver.

lazyboy97o

Not once, but twice, over two separate solo visits, women who were complete strangers to me have grabbed my arm and/or leg totally out of the blue on Tower of Terror.

The first time, the roughly 35-ish woman to my left screamed and grabbed me by my left arm at the start of the first drop and held on, screaming loudly in Spanish for the rest of the ride.

The next time, about a year or two later, a younger woman, early 20-ish, did the same thing but added a leg lock, wrapping her right leg behind and around my left.

At the end of both rides, the women were grateful and shyly apologetic at having used me as a life preserver.
I had something similar happen way back on Alien Encounter.

AndyS2992

Yes! I had the same thing the last time I rode but it was a young man haha In the picture you can just see his hand about to wrap around my arm :hilarious:

henwen

Back in the day of 'Frozen mania' when Elsa and Anna first started to greet at MK(and lines were like 6 hours long, and everything was sold out in every store), I had a random lady on a bus to MK offer me $200 bucks to literally buy the Elsa dress off of my 4 year old daughter's body. When I pointed out that the dress was, in fact, her clothing for the day, she also offered to follow us to a store and buy an outfit for my kid.
I did not take her up on the offer, since we had FP to the meet and greet, and it was a Big Deal to my kiddo. However, looking back I'm thinking what in the heck was wrong with me - I paid like 20 bucks for that dress at Walmart... easy money!

KBLovedDisney

When I went on my solo trip in 2017, went to ride Soarin' and there was a big family getting on the ride with me. So it was me in the middle with this entire family on either side of me. I thought they were talkative in line, but boy I have never been with a crowd that talked so darn much during a ride in my life. I was at the point that I wish they were just screamin' to show their enjoyment, oh but no. Even the kids were talking.

So, what happened with this family that I got to enjoy the Soarin queue and ride with? Something along the lines of one of this mother's 8 or so kids was being rambunctious and swinging on the poles (the mother it seemed could care less what her kids were actually doing) and the kid was about to fall when a CM grabbed him/her to stop the fall. Well, the mother was infuriated when the CM saved the kid and decided to berate the CM and complain about it in the queue, on the ride, and after. After we got off the ride, the lady looked at me and started to complain about the CM there (again) and got to the point where she tried to bring me into it and then brought the CM over and the CM's manager. I didn't want to get involved, but because I was in line with them and rode with them, apparently I was a part of her endeavor to get justice...

That was a big no. I started to shuffle my way out with the rest of the crowd and ran back to the queue. I wasn't going to miss out a decent ride on Soarin'. Yep, I rode it again.

That was probably the craziest thing that has ever happened during one of my trips to Disney.

Touchdown

I once got a Fastpass to Frozen at 2:00 in the afternoon as my 5th FP of the day at Epcot.

That same trip again in the early afternoon my brother and I were able to book instant availability fastpasses to TSMM 3 times in a row, we could have done it a fourth time but our hands hurt.

I’ve ridden Dumbo with Chip, Dale, and Goofy at 3am in the morning (RIP 3 hour evening EMH)

In order to not cause an estop I’ve gotten a double ride on Space Mtn DL.

People assume I’m a CM all the time, and random people have grabbed my arm on ToT.

BasiltheBatLord

Forgot this one: As a high schooler, nearly got in a fight with this big bald dude at MK's PotC cause I and my friends were making annoying noises whenever his wife would take flash pictures. After a few times the guy turned around and yelled "Hey, easy!" and then talking to his wife "You can take as many pictures as you want, honey."

danyoung56

My brother works for Arlo Lott Trucking Co. in Idaho. He gave me a company satin jacket for Christmas a few years ago, which I was wearing on my next WDW trip. I was in Epcot one morning when a stranger came up to me and said "That's a nice jacket you're wearing". I thanked him, and explained that I got it from my brother, who works for Arlo Lott. He said "I know, I'm Arlo Lott". Turns out he and his family were there on vacation at the same time I was. Kinda unexpected!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My brother works for Arlo Lott Trucking Co. in Idaho. He gave me a company satin jacket for Christmas a few years ago, which I was wearing on my next WDW trip. I was in Epcot one morning when a stranger came up to me and said "That's a nice jacket you're wearing". I thanked him, and explained that I got it from my brother, who works for Arlo Lott. He said "I know, I'm Arlo Lott". Turns out he and his family were there on vacation at the same time I was. Kinda unexpected!
It's a Small World After All...

Club Cooloholic

Years ago my wife and I were on Tom Sawyer's island with out daughter, who was passed out in her stroller. We decided it would be nice to just sit and relax while she slept in that litlle paviilion area that has benches and and roof overlooking the river, near where aunt pollys used to be. Well I noticed there were birds nesting in the eaves, they were starlings maybe? Anyway they start coming out and dive bombing us, even after we left the pavilion. We headed off the island and warned people on the paths to watch out for the birds!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Someone rode Big Thunder Mountain four times in a row by swapping seats with his wife, ex-wife, ex-wife's mom, and I'm pretty sure there were a couple Village People there, too.
Wait..... was this not a thread question started about this by a "dad" asking if it was possible to do because he wanted to show his daughter that the families get along. going to look for thread (unless someone beats me to it.) LOL

Edit: Here it is.... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-to-swap-wives-on-select-disney-rides.953132/
and I just figured out that Push is referencing it as a joke.... lol

Last edited:

Trackmaster

I think that the weirdest stuff that happens is just how people react to what I wear to parks. I'm usually coming from work, and I have to wear a jacket and tie for work. I could take the tie off, but I just like to see the reactions, and how I'm treated differently with the jacket and tie, or full suit and tie on occasions. Its funny how (despite being in my late 20's) people will call me sir, employees won't hassle me and will defer to me on matters of confrontation, parents will ask me to watch their children on rides, girls will be more likely to start conversations with me (usually the CM's in street clothing on their off time -- and that applies to a lot of the gay male CMs too). And some people just think its weird and call out teases and insults. I think it would be pretty cool if a tradition of going to parks dressed up caught on. Granted, I'm a lot more comfortable doing this at Disney than a regular amusement park chain as its a more upscale and expensive one. I know that parents take their kids to parks so they don't have to think about the office and their clients and work clothing, but at least at night, I could see people being more OK with dressing up some.

I guess that dress norms have become pretty relaxed in America at this point. In the "golden age" of roller coasters, it was still at a point in American history that where men would wear jackets and ties out regularly, and would often wear them on coasters and the beachside parks.

13*Minute*Wait

A frog landed on my husband's head during Kali River Rapids.

A few years ago, on our first visit to Magic Kingdom after becoming annual passholders, we decided to take a break on a bench behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. The benches are up against a landscape retaining wall. We had gotten some trail mix out of the backpack and had just begun to snack, when a squirrel jumped off the wall behind us and landed on my back and shoulder. Of course it startled me, and when I flinched, he jumped off me, back onto the wall. We thought it was funny. We didn't feed him, and he ended up going on his merry way.

2 weeks later, we returned to the MK, and once again took a break on a bench behind the Christmas store. Within a minute or so, a squirrel came running up to us and jumped on the bench right beside us. This one didn't jump on me, but just sat there, as if waiting on me to feed it, which we didn't. I figured it wasn't a good idea to do so. I wondered if this was the same squirrel from before.

I guess people feed the squirrels in this area, because they seemed really at ease around us. We haven't sat on those benches in a few years now...😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom