Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

draybook

Original Poster
What's the weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks? Mine isn't super weird but it was strange when it happened.

So back in September of 2015, we were at MNSSHP and we got into the candy line next to Space Mountain. Well, as most of you know, I dress up as Troy Palomalu, complete with hair fully frizzed out. Well, these two ladies got behind us and within about 3 seconds, I felt the lady behind me actually touch my hair. I'm guessing that she didn't think it was real but I looked at my wife and whispered, "that lady just touched my hair, lol". Not exactly X-Files strange, but it's the only time in my life I've had someone touch my hair without asking first. I wasn't offended, it was just funny.

lazyboy97o

Being berated by a guest in the Germany Pavilion because a Cast Member was not “doing her job.” This was now years ago but it still makes me laugh. This lady wanted some item from the toy store and asked the Cast Member to see if there was any more in back. When she returned with a negative, the lady started yelling and accusing the Cast Member of being lazy and not really checking. I was browsing the store at this time, dressed in khakis and a collared shirt, and the lady confronting me about a problem with “one of [my] employees.” Despite telling her I was not a manager, she continued to yell and lecture me for not doing my job and making my employee do her job. She obviously didn’t like that my solution to her problem was to again state that I did not work there. Since she didn’t want to believe me, I walked away as she declared we were awful and she would have me fired.

zurgandfriend

The weirdest bad thing was at the TTC, a woman asked me which monorail went to then, MGM Studios. I told her there was no monorail to MGM you had to take a bus. She accused me of lying and started to curse me out.
Another weird thing was the woman who had one too many Margaritas at the San Angel Inn. She was lifting her top and flashing the men, no bra under her tee shirt.
The weirdest good thing was waiting in line at the old Main Street Bakery and meeting someone from my platoon in Vietnam.

Patcheslee

Riding the EP monorail back to TTC, we ended up in a cabin with a probably 9yo boy with a very pronounced Texan accent. From the time we got on he was jabbering to DD8 about Space Mountain and asking if she would go on it with him. "It's all (laser noise), that Space Mountain. I tell you it is FAST!!! (more laser noises)". I couldn't help laughing at DD8 face because apparently this was the equivalent of her being asked on a date. 🤣😂

Rumrunner

Being berated by a guest in the Germany Pavilion because a Cast Member was not “doing her job.” This was now years ago but it still makes me laugh. This lady wanted some item from the toy store and asked the Cast Member to see if there was any more in back. When she returned with a negative, the lady started yelling and accusing the Cast Member of being lazy and not really checking. I was browsing the store at this time, dressed in khakis and a collared shirt, and the lady confronting me about a problem with “one of [my] employees.” Despite telling her I was not a manager, she continued to yell and lecture me for not doing my job and making my employee do her job. She obviously didn’t like that my solution to her problem was to again state that I did not work there. Since she didn’t want to believe me, I walked away as she declared we were awful and she would have me fired.

Were you fired from the job you never had?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I had a Mickey fan for the stroller. One of the screws got stripped. Couldn't get it open for the life of me. Walked into Mouse Ears hoping they knew a way. Long story short...they couldn't either. The CM gave me a new fan. No cost. It's weird because I got something for free at Disney. Later on I "You Tube'd" it. Next day I had 2 Mickey fans. I was "King of the World".

Hcalvert

My husband and I were talking and laughing in the IASW line and some guy in the fastpass line was joking around and dancing. Next thing I guess happened was his phone flew out of his hand into the water. We weren't really paying attention and didn't realize that it happened. The next thing we know, the man is in my husband's face accusing us of laughing about his phone going into the water. He told my husband to step out of line and they could have it out in front of IASW for all to see. My husband told him we didn't know what he was talking about and to step off, then we proceeded to move with the line with the man yelling curse words at us and mocking my husband's British accent until he was approached by a cast member. It was embarrassing and I was about to take him up on his offer (not really). ;)

Last edited:

AugieMorosco

What's the weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks? Mine isn't super weird but it was strange when it happened.

So back in September of 2015, we were at MNSSHP and we got into the candy line next to Space Mountain. Well, as most of you know, I dress up as Troy Palomalu, complete with hair fully frizzed out. Well, these two ladies got behind us and within about 3 seconds, I felt the lady behind me actually touch my hair. I'm guessing that she didn't think it was real but I looked at my wife and whispered, "that lady just touched my hair, lol". Not exactly X-Files strange, but it's the only time in my life I've had someone touch my hair without asking first. I wasn't offended, it was just funny.

I'm a relative newcomer, haven't even been to WDW yet, but I have one already from DL. Our first trip was summer 2017, and the first attraction we rode was Jungle Cruise. Skipper was awesome. Absolutely hilarious, and I thought they were all this good. This past summer my wife and I took my dad to DL and we rode it twice. Both times we had lackluster Skippers, which left me insisting to dad that it was much better with the right Skipper and going on about how great this guy was last year. Shortly after, we were in line for a Dole Whip in front of the Tiki Room and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turn around and someone had done the "tap on the right shoulder and go around left" bit. I turn back and my dad says "It was that guy. Do you know him?" pointing at the Skipper I had been telling him about, who was quickly walking away toward Main Street USA. I was slightly buzzed and it was surreal. I had been talking about this guy several times, including maybe 5 minutes before. My wife just stared and me and said "wow. That really just happened." It was a crowded day in July and there were 75 people on the Dole Whip line alone, and from what I could tell, I was the only one he messed with in the immediate area. Sadly, we never got back over to the JC and rode with him as Skipper. BTW - he is a thin white guy, glasses, probably late 30s or 40s, and pure magic. If any Cali people know who this guy is, please let me know. I'd love to give some CM appreciation.

Tick Tock

This happened several years ago. Was attending MNSSHP with some family and friends. I was sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland while two others in our group got in a candy line near Space Mountain. Suddenly I receive a text message from one of them:

"You will NEVER guess who's in line right in front of us!!"

"Who?"
I responded.

"Pittsburgh Steelers strong safety, Troy Palomalu!!!"

I texted her back, daring her to touch his hair. She didn't want to at first, so I fired back with a double-dog dare. After her being hesitant yet again, I threw out the dare of all dares... the triple-dog dare. Sure enough, she did it! Touched Pittsburgh's very own Troy Palomalu while waiting in line for candy. The entire incident seemed to only take a few seconds, but it sure made her ecstatic to have gotten so close to an NFL legend while at WDW.

AndyS2992

Was watching Wishes and I kept feeling a hand on my backside, kept putting my hand back there to swat whoever it was away but it kept coming back :rolleyes: turned around and it was some sketchy looking woman. She either had a thing for me or was trying to pick pocket me, I suspect the latter. Fortunately all my pockets were empty so ha.

JIMINYCR

We were in AK one morning and as I always do I started to interact with one of the CM's along my way. Her Disney badge said * Maine. I said thats where I am from, where in **** did you live? Turns out her home was located only about 2 miles from us and her parents still own a business I occasionally frequent. She had moved to FL and had been working at WDW for 3 years. After catching her up on the goings on at home, we separated and I did not see her again for the rest of our trip. Just weird that of all the parks I could have gone to, all the CM's I talked to, I encountered a CM who happened to be from my home area, had lived only 2 miles away and I knew her parents.

DeAtley

I was with my infants, who had fallen asleep in a stroller, while my older boys used their rider swap fast pass to ride Slinky Dog Dash at HS. There was a loud popping noise and a small flash maybe 10 feet away from us, near a merchandise sales cart. We were maybe 10 feet from the rider assistance check in umbrella, and the attendant immediately raced over to us to ask if we were okay. We were fine (babies were still sleeping). The family closest to me thought the noise came from me and I thought it was from near them. Within moments, a few other cast members had raced to the area. Within 3 minutes, a half dozen people were around, looking for the remains of what they thought was a firework, and eventually, there were maybe 10 people all searching for what had caused the noise. I continued to watch and I did not see the cast members find anything, but they were tearing through the landscaping, lighting, irrigation, speakers, plants, and mulch looking for anything out of the ordinary. It was fascinating to see how quickly a team responded.

Also at HS, we were next in line as TSM stopped moving. I would suggest less than a minute went buy and a maintenance guy came out of nowhere, spent a minute installing a lock out tag out device on the operator's switch, and then opened the buggy we were to have boarded. It took maybe 3 minutes at the most to have the ride running again. I was amazed at how quickly the person responded and had the ride working again.

MickeyLuv'r

OhI have a strange one. Hopefully I can post it in a way that is PG-rated.

A guy was wearing too short shorts, on a rather hot day, and certain private parts that should not be peaking out, were not only peaking out- but actually resting on the blacktop pavement. I'd think most folks would notice., but he looked oblivious.

Mind, I've also seen the opposite gender sporting clothing that maybe shouldn't be worn in a theme park. The craziest was the time we were at Epcot, during F&W, on the last weekend before Pleasure Island was set to close. We saw all kinds of unusual outfits that evening.

Over at Universal, I once went during HP weekend. Some folks get REALLY into HP cosplay. I don't think I'd want to walk around a theme park wearing a picture frame, giant lion's head or any oher cotume that is too big to go on any rides, but they looked like they were having fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom