News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

cubs9911

Hi all. The Disney Parks blog posted a couple weeks ago that the new Lightning Mcqueen show was opening at Hollywood Studios on March 31st. However, my sister went to WDW this past week and got a VIP Tour, and her tour guide told her that he is hearing that it is not actually going to open until the fall around when Star Wars opens? Anyone have any inside info about this? We are going in July and my almost 3 year old son is obsessed with the Cars franchise. I was so hoping that this would open for us. Thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi all. The Disney Parks blog posted a couple weeks ago that the new Lightning Mcqueen show was opening at Hollywood Studios on March 31st. However, my sister went to WDW this past week and got a VIP Tour, and her tour guide told her that he is hearing that it is not actually going to open until the fall around when Star Wars opens? Anyone have any inside info about this? We are going in July and my almost 3 year old son is obsessed with the Cars franchise. I was so hoping that this would open for us. Thanks.
No change to March opening that I am aware of. I would think somewhere your sister/tour guide got some wires crossed.

rle4lunch

Is this show going to have a required sign up or is it going to be more like a high tech turtle talk with crush scenario? We'll be the mid May and our 4 year old would get a kick out of this.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Wow, I wasn't expecting us to also get Mater as an animatronic! This could be a really awesome show if it's executed nicely.
Called it. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom