News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hi 👋 try a thread search for Tower of terror effects. There’s some lists in there.

Edit; try this

Its a pretty dated thread, just wanted a complete list of what is and isn't working without having to search through pages and pages.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
When I rode Sunday, it was a bit unnerving, as it stopped right before we reached the drop shaft, then we waited for 2 minutes, then it started making a loud noise...and I couldn't tell if it was audio that was for the drop, or if there was actually an issue with the drop shaft, but we went in and it all went ok.

Apparently we were just hearing the accompanying audio and not the ride mechanism itself.....but then it stopped again after we reached the bottom for about a minute, finally backed up into the unload dock, and the lights went out.

I'm guessing that's part of why it's being refurbed....it was scary not knowing if there was a drop shaft problem though!

jaxonp

When I rode Sunday, it was a bit unnerving, as it stopped right before we reached the drop shaft, then we waited for 2 minutes, then it started making a loud noise...and I couldn't tell if it was audio that was for the drop, or if there was actually an issue with the drop shaft, but we went in and it all went ok.

Apparently we were just hearing the accompanying audio and not the ride mechanism itself.....but then it stopped again after we reached the bottom for about a minute, finally backed up into the unload dock, and the lights went out.

I'm guessing that's part of why it's being refurbed....it was scary not knowing if there was a drop shaft problem though!

That sounds fun. Lucky!

FigmentForver96

I’d probably never ride again

TrojanUSC

Yeah, sometimes the show audio can continue even without vehicle movement. However, it's possible something delayed the vehicle in front of you and you were hearing their show audio as they went through the drops. The lift then returned to pick up your vehicle.

One of the eeriest experiences is to ride with the show audio muted. The drop shaft is so quiet it's unreal.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Hopefully this refurbishment is The One. The Tower has had a few "one side at a time" refurbishments over the last decade but show was not addressed much or improved. The ride has had lackluster to poor show for the better part of a decade now and I'm glad more people have taken notice. I can see them wanting this to be completed before Galaxy's Edge both so the park is looking its' best and for the needed capacity.

surfsupdon

I read that the randomization has been halted. But, after the 5th dimension scene, your elevator either goes up or down to get things started. Isn’t that different profiles?

This was as recent as Marathon Weekend 2019. We dropped first for our 1st ride, then went up on our 2nd ride.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Hopefully we'll be getting our foggy boiler room back, I've been waiting for that for awhile now!

I'd be genuinely surprised if it returns seeing as how it's not a necessary show effect. Disney seems to be apprehensive about using fog these days due to slip hazard, mold, asthmatic guests, clean-up/clogging, fluid refill and other continuous costs associated with using either system. Shame though because nothing else really looks like fog except fog. And fog would definitely be an enhancement to the boiler room. As would returned show lighting and scent. Ever hopeful! ToT needs some love!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom