DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

yensidtlaw1969

No more bloody Star Wars! And I say that as a fan.

There are plans formulating for more changes to the park. Some big, some not so big.
"Changes" instead of "additions" sends up a tiny red flag for me - at this point the only things in the park I'd accept being "changed" are Mermaid, BATB, and Launch Bay, which should all be outright replaced, but beyond that anything new should be a total add. Right now the park doesn't just need better, it desperately needs MORE.

Are they considering more replacements for the park?

RSoxNo1

Replace the decaying 30 year old shows?

Start the next phase of expansion to add more capacity to handle the crowds that SW will bring?

Bring more exciting offerings to the many under utilized areas of the park?
I 100% agree, but that's not infrastructure.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

Goofyernmost

What do the arrows indicate? I'm having trouble trying to picture where the tram would load and unload without having people in the path of movement. The L shaped thing is supposed to be security, right? The semi-circle thing appears to identify the circle of tram movement, but, where does it drop and pickup. Seems like the drop off should be where the lower arrow is, but, it doesn't seem to be in harmony with the layout. Color me puzzled!

Rteetz

What do the arrows indicate? I'm having trouble trying to picture where the tram would load and unload without having people in the path of movement. The L shaped thing is supposed to be security, right? The semi-circle thing appears to identify the circle of tram movement, but, where does it drop and pickup. Seems like the drop off should be where the lower arrow is, but, it doesn't seem to be in harmony with the layout. Color me puzzled!
The arrows are just pointing to concrete pours and rebar.

The L is expanded security.

Goofyernmost

The arrows are just pointing to concrete pours and rebar.

The L is expanded security.
So does that mean that we don't know the paths that the trams will go? Was there ever a artist conception done that shows how the traffic flow is intended? With the current configuration I cannot picture how it is going to work. Thanks for the other information.

Rteetz

So does that mean that we don't know the paths that the trams will go? Was there ever a artist conception done that shows how the traffic flow is intended? With the current configuration I cannot picture how it is going to work. Thanks for the other information.
The tram will drive around the semi circle concrete form. Not exactly sure which point it will drop off guests though.

Goofyernmost

The tram will drive around the semi circle concrete form. Not exactly sure which point it will drop off guests though.
OK, that is my problem. I just looked at it again and if I had to guess the drop will be on the upper side exiting to the left and then the tram will circle down to the lower part and pickup will be along that pathway that already exists. What's going in the center is a mystery to me. However, as I have said so often, I guess we will find out when it is finished. I usually am able to figure it out, but, there must be some prime clues missing at this point that fits the puzzle pieces together. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

kthomas105

Based solely on the photo it appears they will separate the unload and load zones for the tram. Also since the portion of the “L” structure running parallel with the entrance plaza is not rounded at the end it appears there may be further the “L” will be going. So it may be a staged build where they finish the half they are currently building so they can re-direct guest flow to finish the project. I imagine they may build the security canopy all the way across the current plaza.

TiggerDad

My guess was the opposite: tram drops off on the lower side of this picture, right by the path where people are already walking from medical parking and close in spots. That way they feed directly to the center of the security L. Then upon exiting the park, guests headed to the tram take an immediate hard right to pass just above the security and walk along the building to tram load at the top left arrow. That seems like more logical flow to me.

Goofyernmost

My guess was the opposite: tram drops off on the lower side of this picture, right by the path where people are already walking from medical parking and close in spots. That way they feed directly to the center of the security L. Then upon exiting the park, guests headed to the tram take an immediate hard right to pass just above the security and walk along the building to tram load at the top left arrow. That seems like more logical flow to me.
Could very well be the case. I just don't see where people coming from the park to the trams have a entrance to pick up from that direction. However, it might just be that we haven't seen anything from that angle. Either way it would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom