DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Movielover

Not really. But I can be kind of dense.

So Disneyland is the Death Star? Or Star Wars Land is the Death Star? Or is it just the new Tropical Hideaway that's the Death Star?

Back to DHS, what is the equivalent plan for that park? Is there a Project Stardust for DHS?

I'm pretty sure the reason that they chose that name all boils down to two words...

Fan Service

I wouldn't read too much into it. ;)

kurtk

Is there a expected completion date for the parking lot work.
And I mean something other than before SW:GE opens:p

iowamomof4

Is there a expected completion date for the parking lot work.
And I mean something other than before SW:GE opens:p
Yes, good question. If I'm going to be stuck riding a bus to DHS from Pop in May instead of a gondola, it would sure be nice if we could at least use the new bus stops.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

matt9112

the wdw photo update of this project says this is the first park to receive entrance updates? are we exspected changes to all the parks?

rocketraccoon

the wdw photo update of this project says this is the first park to receive entrance updates? are we exspected changes to all the parks?
Epcot is supposed to have its monorail exit reconfigured to be in the security zone, supposedly its what the construction by the ticket booths is. There's also supposed to be a new entrance in general.

Otherwise I imagine it'll just be minor stuff? Not a ton of space for major changes to DAK's entrance and I don't see how MK would change much.

Rich Brownn

Epcot is supposed to have its monorail exit reconfigured to be in the security zone, supposedly its what the construction by the ticket booths is. There's also supposed to be a new entrance in general.

Otherwise I imagine it'll just be minor stuff? Not a ton of space for major changes to DAK's entrance and I don't see how MK would change much.
Maybe they'll fix or remove the signs above the ticket booths that haven't worked since 1985 :D

TrojanUSC

MK has received some entrance updates, with the more permanent bag check structures (now unused), then with the pushing out of the security perimeter.

TTC really needs some TLC.

ToTBellHop

Replace the decaying 30 year old shows?

Start the next phase of expansion to add more capacity to handle the crowds that SW will bring?

Bring more exciting offerings to the many under utilized areas of the park?
Also, more dining, restrooms, replacing the old entertainment (especially an enclosed BatB and replacement for Mermaid), new entertainment like that daytime Hollywood Hills Amphitheater show. New fireworks and Fantasmic. Indy update if they don’t want to start a ride there. Perhaps a plan to close Launch Bay and Path of the Jedi during what will be a soft summer season to open something worthwhile and non-Star Wars in the fall. At least PizzeRizzo is ready at a moment’s notice...

More efficient Toy Story Land which could and should have fit one more ride, a QSR with indoor seating, and merchandise.

For a start.

kthomas105

Also, more dining, restrooms, replacing the old entertainment (especially an enclosed BatB and replacement for Mermaid), new entertainment like that daytime Hollywood Hills Amphitheater show. New fireworks and Fantasmic. Indy update if they don’t want to start a ride there. Perhaps a plan to close Launch Bay and Path of the Jedi during what will be a soft summer season to open something worthwhile and non-Star Wars in the fall. At least PizzeRizzo is ready at a moment’s notice...

More efficient Toy Story Land which could and should have fit one more ride, a QSR with indoor seating, and merchandise.

For a start.
I feel like the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater is begging for a Star Wars theamed daytime show. I mean the Fantasmic set already works for a light saber duel as its just a rock island. A few upgrades would go a long way for Fantasmic too.

kthomas105

No more bloody Star Wars! And I say that as a fan.

There are plans formulating for more changes to the park. Some big, some not so big.
I agree with the sentiment just seems like the route they would take. I assume the changes you reference for DHS are currently scheduled to take place after the 50th for WDW?

flyerjab

No more bloody Star Wars! And I say that as a fan.

There are plans formulating for more changes to the park. Some big, some not so big.

When you say that do you mean that they are trying to choose between big or small changes, or that changes are potentially coming both big and small?

Are they realizing the mistakes that they have made by not fortifying this park more before Star Wars opens? It seems like such a no brainer at times. This will amount to a win and loss for them from a theme park guest perspective. A win that there is finally a fully fleshed out Star Wars land in a Disney park. A loss in that access will be difficult, wait times unbearable and the rest of the park light on other attractions.

ToTBellHop

When you say that do you mean that they are trying to choose between big or small changes, or that changes are potentially coming both big and small?

Are they realizing the mistakes that they have made by not fortifying this park more before Star Wars opens? It seems like such a no brainer at times. This will amount to a win and loss for them from a theme park guest perspective. A win that there is finally a fully fleshed out Star Wars land in a Disney park. A loss in that access will be difficult, wait times unbearable and the rest of the park light on other attractions.
Silver-lining: Disney actually cares about guest ratings. If they tank because of over-crowding, that might actually cause Disney to approve a new project for the park soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom