Disney Resorts updated Credit Card payment policy Feb 2019

dreamfinder

Yes, I could go down to the desk each night but I would rather go every three or four nights instead of trekking in the late hours every night; however, I don't believe paying each day would not remove the hold (and possibly the amount of the first days hold above the $100. With a family of four and doing mostly table dinning, some at Signature locations, charges rack up fast.)
I carry several 1K DGC and keep them in the room safe and yes, you can go on Disneygiftcard . com and move the funds from a lost card to another card. I would just rather leave the cards in my room and not take the risk of it getting misplaced and charges not my own run before I notice a DGC missing and can make a switch online.

Again, I hope the start allowing DGC put on file:)

You can settle up after the fact with a gift card and have them credit your other form of payment, even after they ran it. Most recent trip found a few gift cards while packing up, went to the desk, they applied them to the balance which had already been run, and then credited the same value back to my credit card.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
You can settle up after the fact with a gift card and have them credit your other form of payment, even after they ran it. Most recent trip found a few gift cards while packing up, went to the desk, they applied them to the balance which had already been run, and then credited the same value back to my credit card.
While I appreciate your suggestion, it won't work for me. I don't have nor do I use a Credit Card. I am not going to get one for this.

I simply will pay for everything with my DGC, and hope they change the policy before September to allow pre-pay with DGC at check-in.

FYI, the DGC are purchased from Sam's at a discount. We are very good at estimating our charges each trip and come prepared. Only one time did we go over more than $100 and that was because we added a table service in the trip on the spur of the moment because of a downpour in Epcot.

tractor tipper

Anyone know if the resort parking fee will be added daily? I don't want 10 days of $19 pre authorizations to show up.
I know this is not the right place for this question, but since you brought it up. What are the current parking fees for the various level of resorts? ie. value, moderate, and deluxe. Thanks in advance.

mdcpr

Just heard about this from my travel agent. The reality is that what WDW is doing is a standard in the hoteling industry. I do a lot of business travel and these holds are always added to your cc, and later removed.

What WDW is not taking into consideration is that they cater to different people with different lifestyles and different ways of managing their money. The most affected groups will be those that prefer to pay cash for everything, those with low credit limits, or those who carry large balances on credit cards and whom a hold could thrown off their finances.

Tickets, resorts and food get more expensive all the time, they are heavily advertising their new luxury packages, and now these changes with the cc policy, it shows that WDW wants to cater to groups that can spend much more on their vacations, than their life-long fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom